My Website

TurnTwo

I recently got my website up and running.

Some of you may remember the site I created for my hometown (www.townofattica.com).

I decided to take this venture and try to start up my own business. Originally the site was to be geared towards web design to showcase my abilities to other towns and businesses, but I decided it would also be a good opportunity to create a portfolio for my other graphic endeavors.

Here is the result:

www.turntwodesign.net

C&C appreciated!

UPDATE (May 15):

Hey guys, I've made a lot of changes to the site since I started this thread and wanted to give this a bump so you could all take a look.

I foolishly forgot to take screenshots of the old site so it may be hard to know exactly what changes I made.

Nonetheless, here it is: www.turntwodesign.net

C&C appreciated as always!

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Wow, that's just awesome, man.

I see that you go to the University of Rochester. Well, I'm glad to say that you're my neighbor! I go to RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) which is like 10 minutes drive from UR!

I'm wondering, how did you make the website? I've done quite a lot of work and I'd like to create a website for that. I'm assuming that you used Dreamweaver?

Any tips?

Thanks!!

IowaOaks.png

Wow, that's just awesome, man.

I see that you go to the University of Rochester. Well, I'm glad to say that you're my neighbor! I go to RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) which is like 10 minutes drive from UR!

I'm wondering, how did you make the website? I've done quite a lot of work and I'd like to create a website for that. I'm assuming that you used Dreamweaver?

Any tips?

Thanks!!

Yeah, I used Dreamweaver. The first site I built was basically the same template as the Tutorial that came with the Instructional Booklet (just put in different colors and whatnot). I was new to web design so I went through all 200 pages of that and tried to learn as much as I could about the program. Once I felt more comfortable with it I started creating other unique pages.

I'm in the slow process of redoing my own site so I may seem a bit nitpicky.

Overall I like the feel. It's clean and easily navigable.

Though, while it is nice to have a little story with each project, it takes away from the visual presentation. In fact, I might go so far as to say it's distracting. I much rather get a good look at your work. Show more, say less and this thing is gold.

Though, while it is nice to have a little story with each project, it takes away from the visual presentation. In fact, I might go so far as to say it's distracting. I much rather get a good look at your work. Show more, say less and this thing is gold.

I was thinking maybe to add a feature where they can click on the image and have an enlarged version come up in a new window.

What do you think?

Hey man, good work. Good to see you graduated from U of R (and another person from RIT). Live 5 minutes away from both of those places. Definitely some good design schools in Rochester.

And I frequently look at sectionvtalksback (though the people who post are sometimes idiots), being that I play varsity sports in section V, ha. I was actually looking at that logo the other day and said to myself it was pretty nice, so it's a small world that you created it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I was thinking maybe to add a feature where they can click on the image and have an enlarged version come up in a new window.

What do you think?

Terrible idea. I hate when I have to use multiple windows/tabs to look at a single web page. The other feedback I'd give you is that if I click on one of your concepts, I have to manually go or click "portfolio" to get back to where I was. It feels like there should be a more elegant solution -- like using flash to go to the next image or something.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What do you think?

Terrible idea. I hate when I have to use multiple windows/tabs to look at a single web page. The other feedback I'd give you is that if I click on one of your concepts, I have to manually go or click "portfolio" to get back to where I was. It feels like there should be a more elegant solution -- like using flash to go to the next image or something.

I know nothing about flash, haha. Otherwise I would totally do that.

Maybe just a ">>next" and "<<previous" on the right and left hand corners of the page respectively?

Hey man, good work. Good to see you graduated from U of R (and another person from RIT). Live 5 minutes away from both of those places. Definitely some good design schools in Rochester.

I'm actually currently enrolled there as a freshman. No degree quite yet! I have yet to take any Graphic Design classes but I am taking the prerequisites to get into such classes.

I'm actually currently enrolled there as a freshman. No degree quite yet! I have yet to take any Graphic Design classes but I am taking the prerequisites to get into such classes.

Even thought I'm not exactly a graphic designer, but my major at RIT is New Media Publishing, which works a little more with photography, but I can do both pretty well. I've always wanted to start a website of my own to show off my work.

Are you planning on keeping this website update?

Also, have you thought about what you want to do in the future?

IowaOaks.png

Even thought I'm not exactly a graphic designer, but my major at RIT is New Media Publishing, which works a little more with photography, but I can do both pretty well. I've always wanted to start a website of my own to show off my work.

Are you planning on keeping this website update?

Also, have you thought about what you want to do in the future?

I plan to update it as I get more work and create more websites.

As for my future, I'm majoring in Economics and am in a program that leads to the Simon School of Business to get my MBA. After that, I might try to start up a legitimate design firm. Not too sure yet.

reminds me an awful lot of pat cummings' portfolio site

Member here?

Yes it is. That would be pcgd. I like your site, and agree with the others about the syracuse logo, very nice. One thing I don't get, is why the first four letters of many paragraphs seem to be bold. (or the first word, if shorter than four letters)

MegatronSig2.jpg

Clean, simple and easy to navigate. One thing i would say is the diagonals don't align with the footer and Background. easily solved by getting rid of the diagonals on the footer.

logo.png

Really? I'm not offended it just didn't really remind me of it. www.pcgdstudios.com

Edit, check that, there are alot of similarities. Didn't notice until I went to the contact page for some reason...not sure if I should be mad or flattered...

Defiantly need some way of advancing through the portfolio without hitting the back button.

Really? I'm not offended it just didn't really remind me of it. www.pcgdstudios.com

Edit, check that, there are alot of similarities. Didn't notice until I went to the contact page for some reason...not sure if I should be mad or flattered...

Defiantly need some way of advancing through the portfolio without hitting the back button.

I've spoken with Pat in a PM about these similarities and will be making some changes.

My page was inspired by a template I found in a Google search and I had honestly never seen Patrick's page before today.

I'd like to apologize publicly to Pat for these similarities and will work to make my page differ more from his. There is only so much you can do with static web design and I have already begun work to accommodate many of your criticisms and comments.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, guys! I really appreciate it; this place is an invaluable resource.

Archived