Quad City Flames on the Move

Brian in Boston

keep the flames out of British Columbia!!!!!!

i know those in Manitoba are big Moose fans and many have grown into Canucks fans, but if the Baby Flames MUST move, send Manitoba to Abbotsford (or even better Seattle), and move the baby flames to Winnepeg (or better yet move Phoenix back!)

so..my proposal...

1. Quad City Flames move to Phoenix. Become the Phoenix Flames.

2. Phoenix Coyotes move to Winnepeg. Become Manitoba Moose. Or Winnepeg Jets.

3. Canucks AHL affiliate moves to Seattle, WA. Becomes the Seattle Metropolitans.

4. Party.

Ya gotta be joking.... no way in hell will we let our AHL Moose go.. ehh... rather let the Moose stay here...

would you trade your jaffray-laden AHL moose for your NHL Manitoba Moose (former Phoenix Coyotes)???

i think you would. i would.

I dunno, man... but who would seriously buy and move the Coyotes back to Winnipeg?!?!?! I'll be satisfied with the AHL Moose for now unless something dramatic happen!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who would seriously buy and move the Coyotes back to Winnipeg?!?!?!

Anyone interested in spending $200M for the team, $800M to break the Glendale lease, and another $300M to expand MTS Centre, all for the privilege of losing $20M-50M annually.

So, who's first in line?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyone interested in spending $200M for the team, $800M to break the Glendale lease, and another $300M to expand MTS Centre, all for the privilege of losing $20M-50M annually.

So, who's first in line?

Any of the current owners, I'd imagine... considering their cost would be $200M less and I'd think they'd lose less money in Winnipeg.

Not saying they would or anything though.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Let it be noted that a Canadian who is staunchly against the NHL footprint going south of the Mason-Dixon Line feels that $1.1 Billion is a fair price for the Phoenix Coyotes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, who's first in line?

Me :P .

Oh, and on the comment of Indianapolis, I didn't even recognize the Ice draw that much. I really think it would be a good idea to get AHL or ECHL hockey here. I know my Blue Jackets have been trying to at least get the Indy hockey fans with schedules at the Ice games, but I'd love to see the Central Indiana Blue Jackets. I already drew up some logos. A us flag in the "C" shape, and an I where the star is with the Indiana torch in the middle :P .

6fQjS3M.png

So, who's first in line?

Now that is why I wonder if anyone is serious about buying and moving the Coyotes back to Winnipeg.. I dont know if there is someone who would be able to spend a lot of money in this.. but anything could happen (which I have doubts on this)

So, who's first in line?

Any of the current owners, I'd imagine... considering their cost would be $200M less and I'd think they'd lose less money in Winnipeg.

Not saying they would or anything though.

I have to agree with CC97 on this.... have to see if anything do happen!!

Let it be noted that a Canadian who is staunchly against the NHL footprint going south of the Mason-Dixon Line feels that $1.1 Billion is a fair price for the Phoenix Coyotes.

Ya think so, Sodboy?? Wow now that is something.. but I have to think what the NHL was doing expanding to the South, that had to go with the risk of getting more fans involved or getting bombed out completely....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Yeah there had to be money to be made with expansion and etc to the South.... ehhh.. some have worked out..some havent completely ...

So, who's first in line?

Apparently, Phoenix's lease in Glendale can be broken if the team should file for bankruptcy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So, who's first in line?

Apparently, Phoenix's lease in Glendale can be broken if the team should file for bankruptcy.

Let's file for bankruptcy! Anyways, what does it matter to only have a 16,000 seat arena if the team you're moving there doesn't draw that much, so you aren't guaranteed to lose money.

6fQjS3M.png

So, who's first in line?

Let's file for bankruptcy! Anyways, what does it matter to only have a 16,000 seat arena if the team you're moving there doesn't draw that much, so you aren't guaranteed to lose money.

Phoenix Coyotes have already stated they will not file for bankruptcy.

Well, that ends that dream so all of those who want the Jets back can just stop now and go back to reality.

Personally, if you ask me, the Flames should of never left Omaha. They could of gotten a better deal playing in the Qwest Center and sharing it with Creighton and UNO Hockey then being the main tenant of the older Civic Auditorium.

So, who's first in line?

They have also stated that they're in great financial shape. That means nothing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So, who's first in line?

They have also stated that they're in great financial shape. That means nothing.

Is that possible in this economic climate without something illegal?

6fQjS3M.png

So, who's first in line?

As little as a week ago, the Coyotes were saying that there was nothing to worry about, the coffers were deep, money was not an object, etc etc etc. Now, they're in danger of packing up shop. If they were saying then that they were in good financial shape, and aren't, and are now saying they won't file bankruptcy, they could.

This is professional sports. Taking anyone at their word in this day and age is pure folly.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So, who's first in line?

As little as a week ago, the Coyotes were saying that there was nothing to worry about, the coffers were deep, money was not an object, etc etc etc. Now, they're in danger of packing up shop. If they were saying then that they were in good financial shape, and aren't, and are now saying they won't file bankruptcy, they could.

This is professional sports. Taking anyone at their word in this day and age is pure folly.

Exactly. I'm not giving up hope. Anyways, why would they care in Phoenix if their hockey team left, they just won a trip to the Super Bowl :P .

6fQjS3M.png

Archived