NFL Realignment

aragin66

Alright, I was interested looking at the 2010 MLB Realignment plan..and I decided to put together an NFL package. Now I know that this is where we should be looking at concepts, but well enough for concepts..for now at least. Okay with that let me give you my new divisions. I tried to put together a logical geographical divisional plan..meaning that some of the rivalries that we are used to might be completely different. Also I had to make a few decisions like what to do with Arizona and Seattle..well you'll see what I mean..and now I bring to you my realignment plan

Northeast

NY Jets

NY Giants

New England Patriots

Detroit Lions.... I will explain later

Erie

Buffalo Bills

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns

Cincinatti Bengals

Mid Atlantic

Baltimore Ravens

Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles

Carolina Panthers

Southeast

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Miami Dolphins

Atlanta Falcons

Mid-South

Tennessee Titans

Houston Texans

New Orleans Saints

Dallas Cowboys

Midwest

Indianapolis Colts

Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers

Arizona Cardinals...will explain later

Mountain

Minnesota Vikings

Denver Broncos

St. Louis Rams

Kansas City Chiefs

Pacific

Seattle Seahawks

San Diego Chargers

San Fransisco 49ers

Oakland Raiders

Now for my reasoning for placing Detroit in the Northeast. I was going to originally put Philly there..but the Mid-Atlantic division you have four I-95 teams within probably about 500 miles of each other. There was no other place for me to put Detroit..though I could have left the black and blue division alone..but hey this is my fantasy. And the same with placing Arizona in the Midwest. I had to figure, should I put Arizona or Seattle in the Pacific. I figured that it would be easier for Seattle playing in the Pacific than in the Midwest. Okay now let the bloodletting begin.

Arizona should switch with Minnesota. Half the year, Arizona is in the Mountain time zone, plus they are closer to Denver, St. Louis, and Kansas City than they are to Green Bay, Chicago, and Indy. I would also switch the Lions and Bills. The Steelers and Browns used to be NFL teams when there was an AFL. Those are my only suggestions.

Arizona should switch with Minnesota. Half the year, Arizona is in the Mountain time zone, plus they are closer to Denver, St. Louis, and Kansas City than they are to Green Bay, Chicago, and Indy. I would also switch the Lions and Bills. The Steelers and Browns used to be NFL teams when there was an AFL. Those are my only suggestions.

That does seem better come think of it

NY Jets

NY Giants

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Detroit Lions

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns

Cincinatti Bengals

Minnesota VIkings

Indianapolis Colts

Green Bay Packers

Chicago Bears

Arizona Cardinals

Denver Broncos

St. Louis Rams

Kansas City Chiefs

DONE!!!

Actually Arizona should be in the Pacific, and Seattle should be in the same division with Denver, and call it the Northwest. Also, it makes sense to put Indianapolis in the same division with Chicago, Minnesota and Green Bay, but you eliminate the classic 4-way rivalry when you take Detroit out of the equation. (Plus you take away Chicago's, Green Bay's and Minnesota's "freebies", meaning easy victories.) I put Indy in with Cincy, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, because Indy's very close to Cincinnati.

In my opinion the only realy bug problem with realignments are the rivalries that would almost be diminished.

For example, here's what I'd do for my realignment of the NFL. It makes the most sense regionally, IMO.

But changing the NFC East at all would probably not be a good idea with 90% of all people, because in my opinion the NFC East has the toughest rivalries in football.

Here's what I did:

Moved the Colts to the AFC East, and the Dolphins to the AFC South (I personally love this move), maybe a Jags-Phins rivalry could be made, along with a more meaningful Colts-Pats matchup. And I moved the Cowboys to the NFC South, and the Panthers to the NFC East. It makes the most sense regionally, but I would never like to see it happen. I thought about moving the Colts to the AFC North and the Ravens to the East, along with the Dolphins to the South, but that would never happen with the rivalry the Browns have made with the Ravens.

*AFC*

North

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

East

Buffalo Bills

Indianapolis Colts

New England Patriots

New York Jets

South

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Tennessee Titans

West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

*NFC*

North

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

East

Carolina Panthers

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

South

Atlanta Falcons

Dallas Cowboys

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

West

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Please don't start another thread for this. One is enough or all the "Stop-Reel-A Line-Mint" graphic posters are gonna start raising hell and having all realignment threads stopped.

You mean this Matt?

unclerebus.jpg

I totally agree, geesh, enough

How about this:

AFC

East - Buffalo, Miami, New England N.Y. Jets

North - Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

South - Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee

West - Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego

NFC

East - Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington

North - Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota

South - Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

West - Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis, Seattle

Please don't start another thread for this. One is enough or all the "Stop-Reel-A Line-Mint" graphic posters are gonna start raising hell and having all realignment threads stopped.

You mean this Matt?

unclerebus.jpg

I totally agree, geesh, enough

I'm FOR a realignment thread. But there is no need for a bunch of them at one time. I'm thinking about starting just a "Sports Realignment" thread, probably in the Sports in General forum, for those of us who like them. But only one thread is needed. Not a million of them. That's excessive. I don't want to start it right now since there's 2 or 3 already going on, unless one of the Mods would be willing to merge them into one thread. Then I would start it. That way, all ones started on their own could be merged into it, or simply graveyarded.

Actually Arizona should be in the Pacific, and Seattle should be in the same division with Denver, and call it the Northwest. Also, it makes sense to put Indianapolis in the same division with Chicago, Minnesota and Green Bay, but you eliminate the classic 4-way rivalry when you take Detroit out of the equation. (Plus you take away Chicago's, Green Bay's and Minnesota's "freebies", meaning easy victories.) I put Indy in with Cincy, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, because Indy's very close to Cincinnati.

I wouldn't say the Lions are really "rivals" with anyone. Maybe cupcakes...

Archived