New Refs jerseys for 2009 NHL All-Star game

kiwi_canadian

the jerseys that will be worn by the Eastern and Western Conference NHL All-Stars will include Reebok's patent-pending Smoothfit? performance name and numbering technology, which allows players to move more efficiently on the ice and will contribute to improved moisture management. The Smoothfit? performance name and numbering technology eliminates up to 35 percent of the weight inherent to the traditional name and numbering system, which in many cases, includes multiple layers of twill.

Does this mean the advent of single-layer screened customization for authentic NHL jerseys?

Probably...In other words...Authentics will now look much like the sub-par lettered/numbered replicas the NHL sells now. Only thing is...their soon to be s**tty authentics will still cost a rediculous $400...meanwhile...it will cost Reebok less to make...higher profits for Reebok in the end....

The NHL uniforms are starting to sound like they are heading to what the NFL jerseys used to look like in the 80's....crappy material with screened on numbers....

the jerseys that will be worn by the Eastern and Western Conference NHL All-Stars will include Reebok's patent-pending Smoothfit? performance name and numbering technology, which allows players to move more efficiently on the ice and will contribute to improved moisture management. The Smoothfit? performance name and numbering technology eliminates up to 35 percent of the weight inherent to the traditional name and numbering system, which in many cases, includes multiple layers of twill.

Does this mean the advent of single-layer screened customization for authentic NHL jerseys?

Probably...In other words...Authentics will now look much like the sub-par lettered/numbered replicas the NHL sells now. Only thing is...their soon to be s**tty authentics will still cost a rediculous $400...meanwhile...it will cost Reebok less to make...higher profits for Reebok in the end....

The NHL uniforms are starting to sound like they are heading to what the NFL jerseys used to look like in the 80's....crappy material with screened on numbers....

Isn't that how stock jerseys already come? I know places like the Hockey Hall of Fame will send their jerseys to a place to get tackle twill STITCHED onto any jersey, whether it be a replica or an authentic, if you bring one in. Reebok is sending out pre-customized replica's these days with single layer, heat pressed and faux colouring and stitching to retailers for the big name players, such as Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. It seems they are slowly going the way of the NFL and NBA where one day, you won't be able to buy a blank jersey but instead need to get one with a name on it. That would suck, a lot.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This is much ado about nothing. Reebok looking getting press for a meaningless piece of equipment.

Will anyone outside of Montreal even be watching the game? I used to love the All Star weekend but with the NHL moving it to a different day a couple of seasons ago and Montreal fans making the starting lineup a complete farce this year there's no way I'll be watching. I doubt the ratings will be that great.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Isn't that how stock jerseys already come? I know places like the Hockey Hall of Fame will send their jerseys to a place to get tackle twill STITCHED onto any jersey, whether it be a replica or an authentic, if you bring one in. Reebok is sending out pre-customized replica's these days with single layer, heat pressed and faux colouring and stitching to retailers for the big name players, such as Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. It seems they are slowly going the way of the NFL and NBA where one day, you won't be able to buy a blank jersey but instead need to get one with a name on it. That would suck, a lot.

The RBK stock jerseys are similar to the NFL EQT jerseys with the faux stitching around the name and numbers. For an extra $30 we offer the authentic NHL cresting ($80 total for the authentic cresting) to be triple stitched onto the jerseys. It makes a huge difference with the authentic cresting on the jerseys.

My RBK rep was just recently let go so I will try and find out what this supposed new numbering system is.

Is it me or do the jerseys have the CCM logo on them?

I know Reebok owns CCM, but why are they calling it for Reebok if its got CCM??? :S

I think it's just a marketing move. Why would they put the RbK logo on the refs jersey allthough it's already on every single NHL players jersey?

So was there really a point to this new high tech design or just another marketing gimmick?

In the article they said it's 18% lighter and provides a better range of motion and moisture management.

Seriously let's be realistic, it's Reebok changing something they didn't need to just because they can.

I don't have a problem with this. There's nothing wrong with a professional league having a proprietary style for its officials. It's not necessarily Reebok's doing, either.

Look at the recent precendence...

MLB switches the umpires' uniform from light blue to navy (with the occasional red jersey). Other leagues around the country eventually follow, then MLB goes to black or light blue.

NBA goes from black and white stripes to gray, then gray with blue pinstripes.

NFL changes the striping pattern on the jerseys, and also adds black pants.

NHL changes the striping pattern.

In both the NFL and NHL, the change was mostly to the striping pattern. It did not make the officials more or less visible. However, they both add to the branding and identities of their respective leagues. If you look at a photo where the players' logos are obscured but you can still see an official, you can instantly tell that it's an NFL or NHL game because of the striping pattern of the jerseys.

That is branding.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

NFL changes the striping pattern on the jerseys, and also adds black pants.

NHL changes the striping pattern.

In both the NFL and NHL, the change was mostly to the striping pattern. It did not make the officials more or less visible. However, they both add to the branding and identities of their respective leagues. If you look at a photo where the players' logos are obscured but you can still see an official, you can instantly tell that it's an NFL or NHL game because of the striping pattern of the jerseys.

That is branding.

I think it is more Reebok's branding. If you notice the stripes on these new NHL officials uniforms look about the same width as the NFL officials uniforms. Of course the NFL's were also redesigned by Reebok. I think the NHL and NFL went along with it because Reebok pays them a ton of money and they didn't really change the basics of the official's uniforms.

Archived