Eddy Curry's Nightmare Continues

nyk

Sources: Son, 3, of Knicks center Eddy Curry witnesses murders of mom, baby-sister in Chicago

BY FRANK ISOLA, RICH SCHAPIRO and DORIAN BLOCK

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Sunday, January 25th 2009

Knicks center Eddy Curry's 3-year-old son witnessed his mother and baby-sister's murders in their Chicago apartment Saturday, according to a source close to Curry.

Nova Henry, 24, a former girlfriend of Curry's, and her 9-month-old daughter, Ava, were found shot dead by Henry's mother around 6 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.

Curry's son was found unharmed inside the South Side apartment, but his father was still described as "despondent" Saturday night.

The killer is a "known acquaintance," said Chicago Police Officer Amina Greer.

Henry had a boyfriend and had filed a restraining order against him, according to team sources.

Greer did not say whether the suspect was being questioned last night, just that the case is still "under investigation."

A Knicks source close to Curry described him as "distraught" upon learning of the woman's death and what his son witnessed.

Curry was told of the murders after the team's loss to Philadelphia last night and cried upon hearing the news, said the source.

Henry had claimed the murdered 9-month-old infant was Curry's child, but the player has adamantly denied it.

Autopsies were set to be performed Sunday.

Curry flew back to New York from Philadelphia with the team last night, and the source was not sure if he was staying in the city or going to Chicago.

Curry is married and has four children with his wife, Patrice - Eddy III, Reign, Reigan and Reiganna, according to the Knicks media guide.

In 2007, Curry and his wife were bound and robbed at gunpoint in the family's suburban Chicago mansion by three gun-wielding thugs.

Saturday's tragic incident comes during an especially tumultuous period for Curry.

Two weeks ago, the Knicks star was sued by his former driver who accused him of making sexual advances, forcing him to perform demeaning tasks and twice pointing a gun at him.

Ex-driver David Kuchinsky also claimed that Curry bombarded him with racial and religious epithets.

Curry has played in just one game this season after missing the first 35 games with a right knee injury.

He arrived for preseason training out of shape and was set back further by a bacterial infection that forced him to miss the first six days of training camp.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has repeatedly insisted Curry needs to improve his conditioning and drop some weight before he can become an effective player again.

Wow... Well, I guess it's fair to say that for this guy, when it rains... It pours.

Now, the million dollar question: Is the dead infant his? If so, then all hell is going to break loose in that family.

Wow... Well, I guess it's fair to say that for this guy, when it rains... It pours.

Now, the million dollar question: Is the dead infant his? If so, then all hell is going to break loose in that family.

The kid isn't dead, he just witnessed the killings.

kylekorversig1if2.png

The Ex-Girlfriend also had an 9 month infant daughter who was murdered with the mother, the daughter does not belong to Eddy Curry. Only the son belongs to Curry.

Whoever did this should fry. How can you not, when not only do you kill a woman in front of her 3-year-old son, but you also kill her 9-month-old daughter? I mean, 9 months old? Why, is there even the need to kill the woman, but even more, what reason could you have for killing a baby?

Catch the dirtbag and fry the hell out of it.

What is going on in Chicago, didn't that thing with Jennifer Hudson's family happen there too?

Yes...in just the last couple years murder has started happening in Chicago.

The murder rate is very high in Chicago, but its not like those are the only two murders in Chicago. Its a coincidence that famous people have been effected recently but its hardly some kind of trend that's just popped up in Chicago in the last couple months.

The Ex-Girlfriend also had an 9 month infant daughter who was murdered with the mother, the daughter does not belong to Eddy Curry. Only the son belongs to Curry.

But didn't the story you posted say that she claimed the infant's father was supposedly Curry? I understand jumping the gun, but shouldn't we all wait for the autopsy results before we start saying those things?

Also, pcgd is right: Chicago is famous (or infamous, if you will) for it's high murder rate. Hell, any big city that has that has a ghetto will always be a hotbed for high murder rates. It's a sad stat, I know.

But didn't the story you posted say that she claimed the infant's father was supposedly Curry? I understand jumping the gun, but shouldn't we all wait for the autopsy results before we start saying those things?

Also, pcgd is right: Chicago is famous (or infamous, if you will) for it's high murder rate. Hell, any big city that has that has a ghetto will always be a hotbed for high murder rates. It's a sad stat, I know.

Yes, ok Curry's ex girlfrend who was murdered has 2 children. A 3 year old son, and a 9 month year old daughter. The 3 year old son belongs to Curry not the 9 month year old daughter. Curry denies the daughter is his abnd is stated he has 4 children, the daughter murdered not being one of them. So I guess we really don't know, unless Curry comes out and admits its his.

Uh... what city doesn't have "a ghetto?"

:censored: ... there are places in Rock Hill, South Carolina, population 65,000, that I wouldn't want to be at night.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Oh boy... Let the crap hit the fan, folks. Something tells me that he is going to really hate this whole situation.

Yeah, ya think? The mother of his two kids was slain in front of their children, not usually a situation people tend to embrace.

Archived