ScottySprings' NCAA Football (08-09) Top 25 Countdown

scottysprings

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is beautiful. Keeps the Noles tradition alive and looks clean, but also adds some tweaks that really change a lot: the new piping design, the spear on the shoulder. I'm not a huge fan of the pants striping because it doesn't match so well, but it still looks nice. Do you have any action templates you could do? Because I'd love to see these in action. Nice work. Who's #20?

scotland_fifasig.png

These are all uniforms that I could see them wear on the field. I really like all 5 so far.

Only thing i have is that maybe Michigan's State's wordmark is too big on the chest.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

my only knock is that 9 out of 10 college teams dont do the pro style socks... but its a concept so I really cant tell you that you cant keep doing that

These all look awesome!! I think the Michigan State one is simple but sharp. BYU, no much of a change, but I like that piping on the pants more than their current (even though it isnt bad)... GT is solid! I'm actually starting to like that new unique gold, but their execution on those "arena" unis was awful. I'm so so with WVU and FSU... WVU because I think the stripes, especially on the helmet, are a little thick. FSU, its just so similar to what they have now...but its hard to improve on their uniforms (and its great that you took the "conquered" jerseys out... I say conquered cuz they like to lose in them)

temp.png

I like many of the changes you made to the Seminoles set taken piecemeal, but as a whole, it feels more like a Boston College set than a Florida State one (may have something to do with the sock stripes and sleeve logo.) Did you try using the collar/cuff pattern on the pants to be more uniform with the top? Maybe even using gold as a base color for that pattern to give it more of a subtle look.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I don't think you need the spear on the sleeve. If you have it once on the helmet, it doesn't need repeated. Otherwise, very solid.

Indeed. Use the interlocking FSU on the sleeves instead.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I will play around with making some changes on the FSU set. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Next up is #20, the Iowa Hawkeyes. It seemed pretty obvious that I would be making major changes here. I don't really understand why they ever adopted the Steelers uniforms but I think it was a mistake. I tried to use something similar to the wing design they used on the early 90's uniforms but it looked way too gaudy for my tastes. I did however use a sort of derivative of the design for the helmet and pants striping. I got the idea from the design of the new Hawkeye SoD basketball uniforms that can be seen in the Sports Logo forum. I also reintroduced the slab serif IOWA script. I don't have much else to say, so what do you think?

Iowa-1.png

I will play around with making some changes on the FSU set. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Next up is #20, the Iowa Hawkeyes. It seemed pretty obvious that I would be making major changes here. I don't really understand why they ever adopted the Steelers uniforms but I think it was a mistake. I tried to use something similar to the wing design they used on the early 90's uniforms but it looked way too gaudy for my tastes. I did however use a sort of derivative of the design for the helmet and pants striping. I got the idea from the design of the new Hawkeye SoD basketball uniforms that can be seen in the Sports Logo forum. I also reintroduced the slab serif IOWA script. I don't have much else to say, so what do you think?

Iowa.png

The only thing i think id like to see is the reversal of number color/outline color on both sets. i think itd set them off...nice look though

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Thanks for the comments on WVU, I changed the helmet logo and agree it looks a lot better.

Next up is #22, the Georgia Institute of Technology Yellow Jackets. I like their current uniforms but I definitely preferred what they were wearing when Calvin Johnson was playing there. I used the throwback white helmet as opposed to the mustard one they're using now as well as a very similar template to what they used a few years ago. Drawing from their current set I kept the wordmark under the collar. I also really like the white pants that they're usingl so I kept the monochrome white set going here. Not much else to say but I think it's a good look for them. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks, especially Lindsay :P Hit me up!

GT-1.png

Hey, sorry I didn't see you posted it! It's really great! I hate their current unis, and these are much, much better. The colors are better, the striping is better, and the helmet is AMAZING! A+++

I know I don't give much criticism on this board, and I only write positive things, and guess what? I'm doing the same thing here. Great job on this whole series.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I made a few changes to the FSU set which is located on the first page.

The only thing i think id like to see is the reversal of number color/outline color on both sets. i think itd set them off...nice look though

I had quite a bit of trouble deciding upon the colors for that. I'm set on keeping the white jersey yellow outlined in black but I'm not sure about the black.

I made a few changes to the FSU set which is located on the first page.

I had quite a bit of trouble deciding upon the colors for that. I'm set on keeping the white jersey yellow outlined in black but I'm not sure about the black.

the black jersey was the one i thought most of. id like to see yellow numbers..

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

the black jersey was the one i thought most of. id like to see yellow numbers..

After looking at the two side-by-side for a few minutes I definitely think the yellow outlined in white looks a ton better, good call. I updated it in the original post.

Hey, sorry I didn't see you posted it! It's really great! I hate their current unis, and these are much, much better. The colors are better, the striping is better, and the helmet is AMAZING! A+++

I know I don't give much criticism on this board, and I only write positive things, and guess what? I'm doing the same thing here. Great job on this whole series.

Yay, glad you like them :lol:

Coming in at #19 are the Missouri Tigers. First thing I did here was replace any athletic gold with the old gold seen on the helmets. Uniformity is always an important aspect of uniforms and the old gold looks best of the two. I tried out a triple sleeve stripe but quickly noticed how much better their current identity looks over the more traditional look. That said, I kept a number of aspects from their current set and applied them here. I have to first give some credit to -dp- because he used a few of these ideas in his Missouri concepts a few months ago. Well, first off I eliminated the piping design. It really just clutters up the uniform in my eyes. Next I changed up the cuff and collar to feature more gold and less white. I really like the split white/gold design they have now but really dislike the back of the cuffs and how they are prominently white. Not sure why but I just think the gold looks a lot better against the black than the white. I still kept the white but featured it as a little bit of a white patch on the outside edge of the cuff and on the back of the collar. It's similar to the triple stripe thing KState has going on. Besides the triple stripe pants, that's about it. Hit me up :peace:

Mizzou-2.png

Archived