ScottySprings' NCAA Football (08-09) Top 25 Countdown

scottysprings

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think mizzou had them first actually...

Oh really? My bad then...

No, I think you're right.

K-State's current tops have the single vertical stripe of the sleeves, and Mizzou has had a two tone split stripe on the sleeves, never a straight vertical stripe.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

After a brief flu induced break, I'm back in concept-posting action. Next in line is number 18 ranked Oregon State. I liked their 2008 uniforms quite a bit so I just made a few changes to those. first off is I reapplied the piping from the 2007 sports bra uniforms to add a bit more flair. I'm usually not a fan of extraneous piping but I really like the way it looks here and elsewhere (see VA tech). I also made a very minor tweak to the number font as well. As for the helmet, I ditched the current "Beavers" logo which I dislike quite a bit and replaced it with the interlocking "OS" logo. I think that's about it, hit me up.

OregonState.png

I like what you did for Oregon State. The piping looks good, not too crazy. I also like the pant stripe design. The one thing I am unsure of are the black numbers on the orange uniform. I think the orange is a little too dark for that too work.

I really like Iowa's change from the Steeler look-a-likes. Missouri's are very nice, good to see all one color of gold. And although I'm not ready for a change of the beaver helmet logo for Oregon State, the concept is a perfect blend of what they've had recently.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Exquisite. That's all.

Not really. I like those Beavers concepts A TON. Nice new piping, nothing obtrusive or extraneous, but not boring. The new helmet logo is a huge improvement (though that's not saying much). No complaints at all, just a suggestion...

Would orange numbers trimmed in white on the home jerseys work better? It would match the orange theme of the other jerseys, as well as the helmet logo.

scotland_fifasig.png

Would orange numbers trimmed in white on the home jerseys work better? It would match the orange theme of the other jerseys, as well as the helmet logo.

I know where you're coming from and I tried it out but the white over orange looked tons better to me. Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm going to try and get #17 up tonight, at latest tomorrow.

Okay, next up is the #17 Cincinnati Bearcats out of the Big East. To be honest I thought their old Nike set was better than the new Adidas set they used this past season. Regardless, I embrace a bit of uniqueness, which their old set didn't have. What I decided to do was simplify the new set a bit while adding a bit more substance to the design. First off is I got rid of the weird Adidas tagged collar. I kept the wordmarks under the collars but used the "BEARCATS" on the home and "CINCINNATI" on the away. Next I took the general idea of the shoulder piping and jazzed it up a bit by adding a colored panel. I'd say it gives the design a bit more substance. I added an outline to the numerals and added sleeve numbers. As for the pants I ditched the claw marks and added a side panel that compliments the jersey striping. That's that, hit me up.

Cincinnati.png

awesome set for cincy. i think it gives the vibe they tried with what they got now, but problem is it looks tacky as hell. these are perfect for them.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

The Mizzou and Oregon State concepts are super nice. However, it is very weird not seeing the Beavers logo on OSU helmet.

Also, it is nice to see something other than the "cat-scratch" template for UC. They would go real nice with the black with metallic red flake finish in their game helmets.

Archived