ScottySprings' NCAA Football (08-09) Top 25 Countdown

scottysprings

I really like this set, looks amazing without black and silver IMO, and you did a pattern that actually makes since for them by using the O instead of diamond plating. I also like how you can still mix and match everything. The only complaint I have is the Dark Green Numbers on Green Jerseys, but that is preety minor, although I think it might look better with yellow numbers. Anyways Great Job as usuall! Can't wait for the next concept.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my favorite, to be honest. I don't like the new dark green, not much contrast, especially for the numbers, and speaking of those, not a fan of those either, they look wayyyy too stretched horizontally. I really like the shoulder pattern, but I kind of wish you kept the wings and just got rid of the silver and black (that would make them look perfect, really).

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

These blow, did Stevie Wonder do them?

Was this really necessary?

he's probably just saying that because he flipped out in scotty's helmet sig thread

Yeah, I remember reading that. And he wasn't banned after that? Hopefully he's not back to "spamming the boards" again.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Any idea when Ohio State will be up? :P

Right about now :P I haven't really been looking forward to these final 10 teams because most of them are have classic uniforms backed up by tradition, which translates into difficult to redesign. Luckily for me, my idea for the Buckeyes came pretty easily. First off, I really like the new sleeve striping introduced a couple years ago and how it matches the helmet and pants; One thing I don't like, however, is the fact that there is no silver on the jerseys, which used to be completely silver striped. That said, what I decided to do was add silver to the sleeve striping. It's not a big change by any stretch but I really like the way it looks. In addition I ditched the collar logo and changed the number font to the much more unique block OSU used back in the day. Very simple, classic, and iconic for the Ohio State.

Ohio-State.png

Right about now :P I haven't really been looking forward to these final 10 teams because most of them are have classic uniforms backed up by tradition, which translates into difficult to redesign. Luckily for me, my idea for the Buckeyes came pretty easily. First off, I really like the new sleeve striping introduced a couple years ago and how it matches the helmet and pants; One thing I don't like, however, is the fact that there is no silver on the jerseys, which used to be completely silver striped. That said, what I decided to do was add silver to the sleeve striping. It's not a big change by any stretch but I really like the way it lo

oks. In addition I ditched the collar logo and changed the number font to the much more unique block OSU used back in the day. Very simple, classic, and iconic for the Ohio State.

Ohio-State.png

not a big fan of the new striping

however i do the the red socks with the home uniform and the new numbers

Right about now :P I haven't really been looking forward to these final 10 teams because most of them are have classic uniforms backed up by tradition, which translates into difficult to redesign. Luckily for me, my idea for the Buckeyes came pretty easily. First off, I really like the new sleeve striping introduced a couple years ago and how it matches the helmet and pants; One thing I don't like, however, is the fact that there is no silver on the jerseys, which used to be completely silver striped. That said, what I decided to do was add silver to the sleeve striping. It's not a big change by any stretch but I really like the way it looks. In addition I ditched the collar logo and changed the number font to the much more unique block OSU used back in the day. Very simple, classic, and iconic for the Ohio State.

Ohio-State.png

I like it but I don't at the same time. The away would never fly, Nike tried the same exact striping when they changed the jersey and the student body shot it down. I think it tends to make TOSU look very similar to Georgia as well.

I don't see any resemblance to Georgia at all.

When the Lions new unis came out, we had the discussion of what perfect striping replacement actually was. This one stays the same from home to away, and everything matches, so the striping does look perfect. This is exactly what Ohio State should use, they have a few issues with width differences right now, and a few tweaks would be nice.

Thanks for all the comments so far. TAFKAK, I'm confused what you're referring to about the striping, could you explain?

I'm also going to use this post to show everyone what I did for #8, the Penn State Nittany Lions. The only 2 changes I made were adding the lion head logo to the helmet because I think it looks awesome on a helmet and adding a blue stripe to the pants. I know it's not much of a change so don't post bashing me because I didn't do much :P I'm not going for change for the sake of change, but rather trying to improve upon what's already there, as minimal a change as it may be.

Penn-State.png

Archived