Think "X-color outs" are boring?

rams80

The average intelligence of the CCSLC member is falling everyday. A shame.

This "Stripe-Out" is a decent twist on this whole "X-Out" phenomenom. I'm sufficantly intrigued.

The old stand-by's are still good, though. ;)

Good idea, but would this idea not be better suited for, say, Christmas?

sugar-candy-cane.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These color-coordination things are neat, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people cite them as a reason that college basketball is superior to the NBA. The fact that the spectators are wearing the same color doesn't hide the fact that a lot of college basketball kinda sucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wish teams and universities' attempts to color coordinate the fans' wardrobes would cease and desist. And I wish there were enough fans out there who would symbolically flip the bird on such occasions and show some individuality by wearing any other shirt color than what the teams and universities desire.

I wish teams and universities' attempts to color coordinate the fans' wardrobes would cease and desist. And I wish there were enough fans out there who would symbolically flip the bird on such occasions and show some individuality by wearing any other shirt color than what the teams and universities desire.

Yeah really. I wear blue on St. Patrick's Day.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lighten up, man. Theyre not trying to conform anyone, its just something cool for the fans to do occasionally.

oBIgzrL.png

And then the drunken undergrads throw the dissenters from the balcony. No thanks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the whole promotion is just manufactured and kind of hack. but when you have such as awful team (and fans that don't really care), i guess you have to do those kinds of things.

Way off base. IU fans really do care. They've done this promotion for a few years and are only down now because their admin hired a known cheater.

I'm not ragging on anybody or bragging about what we do at U of I, because it just kind of happened, but I love how here at Illinois it's just a sea of orange period. No special promotion required.

Actually, back around '05, as the fanbase was shifting from being orange and blue to being orange, there were 2 or 3 years where we had "Paint the Hall Orange" games, but by the second or third year, it was already an unnecessary outdated promotion, because filling the place with orange had just become the norm.

the whole promotion is just manufactured and kind of hack. but when you have such as awful team (and fans that don't really care), i guess you have to do those kinds of things.

Way off base. IU basketball fans really do care. They've done this promotion for a few years and are only down now because their admin hired a known cheater.

Corrected your post. Although, I honestly don't even know if there are IU football fans. Sure didn't seem like it this season. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Way off base. IU basketball fans really do care. They've done this promotion for a few years and are only down now because their admin hired a known cheater.

Corrected your post. Although, I honestly don't even know if there are IU football fans. Sure didn't seem like it this season. :blink:

IU football is generally subpar. They beat Northwestern this season while NU was ranked, so that was about the high point of the season.

I'm going to IU starting next year, and one of the reasons I'm so excited to go is because I know how passionate the fans are, even when the basketball team is playing as poorly as they are right now. In a couple of years, they'll be a strong team because Tom Crean is a verrrrrrrrrry good recruiter, so there's something to look forward to ^_^

330zl3b.png

I'm not ragging on anybody or bragging about what we do at U of I, because it just kind of happened, but I love how here at Illinois it's just a sea of orange period. No special promotion required.

Actually, back around '05, as the fanbase was shifting from being orange and blue to being orange, there were 2 or 3 years where we had "Paint the Hall Orange" games, but by the second or third year, it was already an unnecessary outdated promotion, because filling the place with orange had just become the norm.

Same thing kind of happened at A&M. They would have a white out for big games a few years back and now every game all the students just wear white. There was a maroon and white out back for the 2005 NIT where it looked similar to what Indiana is doing

Same thing kind of happened at A&M. They would have a white out for big games a few years back and now every game all the students just wear white. There was a maroon and white out back for the 2005 NIT where it looked similar to what Indiana is doing

That, plus A&M has the best "x-out" game of all-time right after 9/11. I was actually at that game, too.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That, plus A&M has the best "x-out" game of all-time right after 9/11. I was actually at that game, too.

Don't recall it. What'd they do?

Yeah really. I wear blue on St. Patrick's Day.

Good job. I hate these kind of things a.) because they show no individuality. b.) beacuse it never lives up to the hype and c.) beacuse it really annoys me when a massive group of people are all doing the same thing.

jNTsTyQ.png

Don't recall it. What'd they do?

They played at home vs. Oklahoma State, if I recall correctly, and had each level of the stadium collor coordianted - lower level red, 2nd level white, upper deck blue. Pictures looked good from what I recall.

Archived