Jaguars concept

j'villejags

Well I was told I should start a new thread. I was posting in LEWJ's thread.

The Jags are coming out with new uni's this year. I thought it would be cool to put my own touches on them. Here's what I came up with.

jonesdrew_1280x1024copy.jpg

I decided to go ahead and design the pants. I simply added them to my original work so he is missing his legs and feet. :P But you get the idea... I might try to find a picture that has the full body on there so it looks a little more realistic. I like being able to see what it would look like in person.

jonesdrewcopy.jpg

The picture I used to make the design can be found here. Jaguars.com does deserve credit for that.

I'm interested in seeing other designs. I've gone back and searched through this message board and found some concepts, but others had expired and were no longer available. If you've got them, post your Jags concepts here!

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

very sharp, love that you used a more vegas gold rather than a goldenrod/vegas hybrid.

although, they still look like cheetos...would like to see some home and alts as well

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Nice stuff. I think this is the best incorporation of jaguar print I've ever sen here (and people do it a lot, even me). I like the classiness of the stripes too. I'd like to see what you can do to a wordmark.

Oh and :welcome: you've got potental

~?~

you didnt already see your concept over in the nfl changes thread?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...4449&st=220

You've got a wide range of styles between the quality of work on your "first" concept, and the plain jane look of the pants. could you clean those up so they match the jersey. i mean, you made it look really realistic on the jersey, so i'm sure you could do it on the pants as well....

Might that have something to do with the fact that this guy basically drew the pants on from scratch???

I say this is a DAMN FINE concept rendering! I yself wouldn't be mad if the Jags adopted this here look as their own.

(Oh...and one more thing for the naysayers: I can't say with 100% certainty that this guy is the original creator of this here concept, but I DO know that talented Photoshop experts and uni fanatics DO in fact exist outside this community...who very well may be capable of high-quality work the first time out. Yes, many poseurs have exposed themselves in out midst here several times before, but let's not be so quick to judge this guy here without really knowing the guy, okay fellas?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Might that have something to do with the fact that this guy basically drew the pants on from scratch???

I say this is a DAMN FINE concept rendering! I yself wouldn't be mad if the Jags adopted this here look as their own.

(Oh...and one more thing for the naysayers: I can't say with 100% certainty that this guy is the original creator of this here concept, but I DO know that talented Photoshop experts and uni fanatics DO in fact exist outside this community...who very well may be capable of high-quality work the first time out. Yes, many poseurs have exposed themselves in out midst here several times before, but let's not be so quick to judge this guy here without really knowing the guy, okay fellas?)

I agree. I mean what would his motivation really be for creating the same name as the guy on the Jags' message board and claiming to be him? The spots on the pants are really similar to the ones on the jersey which makes me think that this isn't someone that ganked the image from someone else.

:welcome: to the boards j'ville jags!

Thanks for the compliments!

TalktoChuck & grubstreet, no I didn't realize my work was posted in three other threads on this site. I'm a noob. I guess I haven't been around long enough to notice. I've posted it myself in one other thread, because I was reading LEWJ's design and it sounded similar to mine. I was interested in what it looked like. I went ahead and posted mine as a basis to compare our designs. Since I'm a "newbie" I wasn't sure if my work was worthy of it's own thread. Especially since my only concept at the time was the jersey. So I posted this in one other thread, and a member there said I should start a new thread, so I did.

The difference in quality is a result of me creating the pants from scratch. That's plain to see. I didn't create the jersey from scratch. That's why it looks real; because it is. If you follow the link at the bottom of the OP, you will see the original picture I used, which goes from the waist up. I'm not skilled enough in photoshop to make realistic pants like that. Adding pants could be done by finding a picture of similar size/quality and simply attaching legs to him and going from there, or by doing the way I did it, and just creating the design so you all could see a general idea of where I was going with it. So basically, there is a big difference between what I did to the top, and what I tried doing to the bottom. If the original picture I used had included his legs, you would see a similar quality and I probably would have had the pants finished in the original picture. I think you're right though, it would have looked much better had I used a better picture.

I will find a better picture to use for the home uni's, and I'll also try to do some alternates. I'm actually going to start on these right now.

Again thanks for the compliments and even the criticism. Hopefully it will get better.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I agree. I mean what would his motivation really be for creating the same name as the guy on the Jags' message board and claiming to be him? The spots on the pants are really similar to the ones on the jersey which makes me think that this isn't someone that ganked the image from someone else.

:welcome: to the boards j'ville jags!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I'm self-taught in photoshop and I will admit my skills are probably somewhat limited in comparison to some of the people around here but I am glad to be a member. You will be seeing more of my work so hopefully there isn't a question as to who the creator is. I have the .psd files that show the work I've put into it, but I honestly didn't even think about people questioning my legitimacy. That makes me a noob. I guess I need to add my own personal touch to my work. Thanks again and I'm glad to be here.

Thanks for the compliments!

TalktoChuck & grubstreet, no I didn't realize my work was posted in three other threads on this site. I'm a noob. I guess I haven't been around long enough to notice. I've posted it myself in one other thread, because I was reading LEWJ's design and it sounded similar to mine. I was interested in what it looked like. I went ahead and posted mine as a basis to compare our designs. Since I'm a "newbie" I wasn't sure if my work was worthy of it's own thread. Especially since my only concept at the time was the jersey. So I posted this in one other thread, and a member there said I should start a new thread, so I did.

The difference in quality is a result of me creating the pants from scratch. That's plain to see. I didn't create the jersey from scratch. That's why it looks real; because it is. If you follow the link at the bottom of the OP, you will see the original picture I used, which goes from the waist up. I'm not skilled enough in photoshop to make realistic pants like that. Adding pants could be done by finding a picture of similar size/quality and simply attaching legs to him and going from there, or by doing the way I did it, and just creating the design so you all could see a general idea of where I was going with it. So basically, there is a big difference between what I did to the top, and what I tried doing to the bottom. If the original picture I used had included his legs, you would see a similar quality and I probably would have had the pants finished in the original picture. I think you're right though, it would have looked much better had I used a better picture.

I will find a better picture to use for the home uni's, and I'll also try to do some alternates. I'm actually going to start on these right now.

Again thanks for the compliments and even the criticism. Hopefully it will get better.

Good to hear. It looks like we have an intelligent new board member that can actually put together a well thought coherent post. I can't wait for the new concepts. Take your time though and don't disappoint B)

Hey guys,

Well I think it's time for an update. It probably won't get too much better so I figured I might as well post it, and if I improve it, I'll simply post the updates. I've messed around with this for a few hours and I just couldn't quite get it to look like I wanted it to. I think my photoshop skills are somewhat limited but I am improving overall. I might do a little more work on this. I just didn't want you guys thinking I wasn't working on it! I am thinking about trying to make one more, like an alternate. I also might try making templates for these, but I've never made them before so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to mention was the helmet. Rumors are that there will be some teal metallic flakes of some kind in the black helmets next year. It will almost make the helmet look teal under direct sunlight. It's tough to tell, but I tried to implement that in this helmet. It seemed to be more noticible in .psd format but when I changed it to .jpg to upload, it lost some quality. So, it's kind of tough to see.

jagchop5copy.jpg

I appreciate any feedback but I consider myself to be an amateur so don't be too harsh on me!

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is one that is closer to the rumors that have been going around.

choppedcopy.jpg

Ya know...I actually really like that. As long as they can incorporate someway to lose the leotard look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These are both incredibly well done concepts. For a new designer you have a great handle on photoshop. I really like the uni's with the jaguar print on the sides. That is a hard panel to do and you pulled it off. The teal flakes could be an interesting look if it comes to be true. Great work.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived