NHL Trade Deadline

Linus

I'm really surprised the couldn't get more for Antropov at least throw in some prospects.

Antropov is guna be a free agent come this off-season. Burke got something, rather nothing in return.

And who is guna give a 1st round for a ufa.

4kv29i.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea Im disappointed. I figured a late 1st rounder from a team like Washington (just an example) or even a 2nd rounder and a prospect.

Im guessing the conditional pick will start as a 4th round, if NYR makes the playoffs becomes 3rd and if they win the cup I believe it becomes 1st or 2nd round (I think, not 100% sure)

beLEAF

Just explained it on TSN...basically the Leafs bought the 4th round pick. They took $500 000 in salary off of Tampa for the 4th pick. They sent Petiot over to make it a legit trade. Heward is done for the season, so is Kolzig. Rodgers is the only guy who will play.

So how much does TB save exactly?

Burke certainly making it clear that this is his team to build now, from the ground up. Leafs brought in a ton of draft picks today.

I'm really surprised the couldn't get more for Antropov at least throw in some prospects.

Most of the young players went to Phoenix :P

Haven't heard of a top prospect from the Rangers in awhile.

True but could seen more then just a 2nd Rounder for a mid major type player.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Burke certainly making it clear that this is his team to build now, from the ground up. Leafs brought in a ton of draft picks today.

Burke was asking too much for Antropov. Now he wanted to move him, so he probably took the best offer on the table. We don't even know if there were other / better deals offered.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Marc Staal. And though he was under the radar, Lundqvist is a home-grown star.

Rangers have two outstanding offensive-defenseman in Sanguinetti and Del Zotto and two very talentet Russian forwards in Artem Anisimov and Battleship Evgeny Grachev. Sangs and Anisimov are both close to being NHL ready, and Del Zotto and Grachev are further back but having very good seasons. After that, the Rangers don't have much depth, aside from more role players in the mold of the Nigel Dawes and P.A. Parenteus of the world.

Losing Cherepanov really hurt, it's still tough getting over that. He was just a kid.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Rangers have two outstanding offensive-defenseman in Sanguinetti and Del Zotto and two very talentet Russian forwards in Artem Anisimov and Battleship Evgeny Grachev. Sangs and Anisimov are both close to being NHL ready, and Del Zotto and Grachev are further back but having very good seasons. After that, the Rangers don't have much depth, aside from more role players in the mold of the Nigel Dawes and P.A. Parenteus of the world.

Losing Cherepanov really hurt, it's still tough getting over that. He was just a kid.

Impressive BroadwayBlueshirt. Battleship Evgeny?

Im on the fence about how the pens did today. Not dissapointed, but think they mightve been able to do better.

I'll have to wait until they play because, frankly, I dont know much about Adams or Guerin.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

The way Sanguinetti's been playing in Hartford, he would be better suited back in juniors. He looks absolutely lost out there. Now, Anisimov, on the other hand, looks like a seasoned veteran. Sanguinetti still needs a lot of time.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The way Sanguinetti's been playing in Hartford, he would be better suited back in juniors. He looks absolutely lost out there. Now, Anisimov, on the other hand, looks like a seasoned veteran. Sanguinetti still needs a lot of time.

You would know better than me, I haven't really gotten the chance to watch him play. Just reading scouting reports. That he's farther progressed than Del Zotto is would be a better way to put what I meant to convey.

Battleship Evgeny?

Big 19 year old winger, currently second in OHL rookie scoring to the Caps 1st round pick. (John Carlson, a defenseman with the benefit of playing with Tavares.)

msg-117798227822.jpg

My thoughts on the trades.

Calgary did an okay job, but if you really think that Olli is going to help you, then you are mistaken. He's horrible and one of the worst centers in the league on face offs, so when it counts you better not have him taking the draw. And aquiring Leopold... okay.

San Jose, Moen and Huskins are good players, but if they were so vital to Anaheim winning the Cup then why have they been traded. They are what they are, movable pieces and I figures somehow San Jose figures another way to tank a playoff run.

Pittsburgh, all the moves proved they have too many holes to fill and they won't mesh to do anything in the playoffs. It wouldn't shock me to see them swept out.

Philly getting McLaren, again it goes back to San Jose getting Moen and Huskins, if he was that valuble, he wouldn't have been traded.

Rangers acquiring Antripov, well is a perfect move for them to get another overrated player. I do like the addition of Morris, but they have way too many holes and the biggest is the guy in the GM seat.

I like for whatever reason what Phoenix did, I like what they got from the Rangers in the Morris deal and hey a draft pick for a backup goalie, not bad.

I love Boston's depth moves and I actually like the trade between Chicago and Anaheim as that looks to be a win-win trade.

Then there's the deal that has me chuckling. The Kings trading O'Sullivan to Carolina for Williams who shipped O'Sully to Edmonton. O'Sully's going to fit in well with Edmonton, but he's just another Edmonton type guy, speed and scoring, but come playoff time the Oilers will tank... if they make it that far. Williams is a move not for this year but for next year for the Kings, so whatever the Kings get out of him this year will be fine. I just think that Lombardi gave O'Sullivan the trip out of town because O'Sully held out and thought he was a better player than he was. Sure they resigned him, but if you're going to hold out, you're not a team player. Now he's Edmonton's problem.

Calgary did an okay job, but if you really think that Olli is going to help you, then you are mistaken. He's horrible and one of the worst centers in the league on face offs, so when it counts you better not have him taking the draw..

And he's never even played a playoff game in his career. ^_^

Wade-sig.png

Calgary did an okay job, but if you really think that Olli is going to help you, then you are mistaken. He's horrible and one of the worst centers in the league on face offs, so when it counts you better not have him taking the draw..

And he's never even played a playoff game in his career. ^_^

Jarome Iginla for 12 years has never had a true number 1 center all respect to Langkow, Conroy and Marc Savard but this deal easily puts us more of a Cup Contender then we were before, and alot of people are forgetting about Leopold coming back he had great chemistry with Robyn Regehr during the 04' Cup run both deals were prime and all Olli needed was a team that is contending and will be for years to come.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm glad all of the big defensemen out all stayed put and none of them went to Boston, Washington, and Philly. Overall with the return of Brodeur last week I think the Devils exit the trade deadline as the best team in the east.

Antropov is guna be a free agent come this off-season. Burke got something, rather nothing in return.

And who is guna give a 1st round for a ufa.

I have a feeling he was trying to ask for a long term deal at $2.5+ mill a year, which is too much to put into someone like Antropov. I will miss him, but I feel Burke made the right move. Same with Moore... he will never repeat these numbers as long as he is playing on a 3rd or 4th line. I have a feeling he will come crawling back unless someone throws a ridiculous amount of money at him.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hmm, Nick Bonino got traded to Anaheim in the Moen/Huskins to San Jose deal. Played against him a few times when he played for Farmington, and then Avon Old Farms. Hell of a player and did pretty damn good at the Beanpot this season. Should be a great player down the road.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Unfortunately for Leaf fans he has a pretty bad draft record.

I'm disappointed the Canucks made no moves. I thought picking up Satan or Voros of waivers would of been solid moves; shore up the scoring with Satan and Voros would help with the checking line now that Kesler and Burrows are on the top lines. I was hopping for Pyatt to be traded but I knew there was no one that wanted that plug. And the Bowumester deal would of been a dream for what the Canucks for what we were reportedly gonna give up.

Archived