A Canucks concept

kiwi_canadian

Looking back over the history of the Canucks, I've noticed that they have had the most success in the red, yellow and black days. They won 2 division championships in 1992 and 1993 as well as 2 trips to the Stanley Cup finals in 1982 and 1994. So with that I've gone back to that era with the logo and colours. I've "edged" the 1995-'96 jerseys and for the third, I went old school and went with the 80's style with a bit of red trim on the numbers. I've also thrown in a couple of practice jerseys for fun.

C & C would be great.

VancouverCanucks2.png

Seriously, man...the "Flying V" and the "Flying Skate/Plate of Spaghetti" are considered to be two of the worst designs in NHL (if not sports) history.

They're headed in the right direction with the blue and green and more use of Johnny Canuck...keep it that way!

bYhYmxh.png

I've always loved those colors and logos for the Canucks; it's what I remember them wearing when I was growing up, especially during those epic '94 finals.

However, I would lose the shoulder yoke; it doesn't really do much for the uniform. I guess I'm ok with the yellow alternate--in the spirit of the Canucks' history--but it really is an ugly jersey. A yellow alternate could work, but it needs to be redone, and redone very well. If you're going to go with these colors, I'd try a red alternate.

I'd also prefer a slight update of the old home and away jersey. Really try bringing that old style into the 21st century instead of just adding the unnecessary shoulder yoke. These could work well with a little bit of tweaking.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Putting that logo onto an Edge template doesn't modify it.

Do something to logo and colors to bring it into the 21st Century like dgnmrwrw said.

As for that alternate it was considered one of the worst jerseys of all time and using it now would change that. I know it has to do with Canucks history and all, but it would be best to leave it in the past IMO.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

As much as I hate the mixing of red & orange-yellow on anything, I think you did a nice job with these. A slightly more modern feel to the glory days of Bure & Linden... They look good, I'd probably buy one.

canada.png

I always found these uniforms (minus the V one) far less of an eyesore than the navy/red and blue/green schemes. The home and away always looked nice, and their first alternate jersey looked pretty good, too. I never understood why they switched to the weak colours and that stupid whale logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason why anyone likes these colours - and it's really just a very small group of fans - is because the team had a Cinderella run to the finals. Outside of 1994 and 1982 this uniform was part of the worst losing streak in sports history. 15 straight losing seasons!

The uniforms themselves are downright ugly. They are not missed and should never be brought back. I personally cringe any time I see someone wearing one at a Canucks game -which isn't all that often anymore. All I can ask is why? Can't you afford a new jersey? Can't you let go of a disappointing past?

The moment this team goes back to the finals or wins a Cup people will forget all about these disgusting uniforms and they will never be heard from again. There is not a single element worth saving from the flying skate uniforms. They are ugly and the team did a lot of losing in them. They need to be buried and forgotten.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The only reason why anyone likes these colours - and it's really just a very small group of fans - is because the team had a Cinderella run to the finals. Outside of 1994 and 1982 this uniform was part of the worst losing streak in sports history. 15 straight losing seasons!

The uniforms themselves are downright ugly. They are not missed and should never be brought back. I personally cringe any time I see someone wearing one at a Canucks game -which isn't all that often anymore. All I can ask is why? Can't you afford a new jersey? Can't you let go of a disappointing past?

The moment this team goes back to the finals or wins a Cup people will forget all about these disgusting uniforms and they will never be heard from again. There is not a single element worth saving from the flying skate uniforms. They are ugly and the team did a lot of losing in them. They need to be buried and forgotten.

Coincidentally, a mark that will soon be broken by the Pittsburgh Pirates - wearing black, yellow, and red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived