The MLB BP project

elliott

Elliot- Great job. Everything looks great. The Jays looks like its missing something. More black perhaps? I dunno.

And guys, can we please stop arguing?

No one's arguing. GBM and I are merely having polite conversation with opinions that happen to differ. ;)

Ok. That's fine. ;) I just didn't want this thread to become about a difference in opions rather than your great concepts. If you haven't noticed, I think they look good.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the updates. New York might be a bit simple, but it still looks nice. Boston is good, though I liked the original piping design.

The best update, however, has to be Baltimore. Very nice work on that.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Why does it say Boston rather than Red Sox?

This is how it went down. When I was 7 years old I found a box. It had a message inside that told me to go live with the Inuits in Alaska to learn the culture, or I would die. Being naive at the time, I got the next flight to Alaska. For 5 years I lived on nothing but seal grease and ice. One day I fell through the thin ice, when I woke up I found myself in Tibet. Turns out it had been a secret government experiment and I was now basically owned by the government, they thought I new too much (even though I was 12 and had no idea what was going on), so they exiled me to Tibet. There I lived in isolation from society with a Buddhist monk where I learned the arts of yoga and some forms of torture that I don't want to talk about. There I was taught the secret of life. If I were to somehow present a red baseball jersey with a navy wordmark and white outline that said "Boston" on it, I would have everlasting life, and never die. So I snuck back into the US, I have been living under a false name ever since, and now I will live forever. That is why I put Boston rather than Red Sox.

(Yes, I just made that up as I went along :)).

The moral of this story is to not ask stupid questions *coughpatsoxcoughcough* and you will live forever.

I think I will be posting the AL West later on today. Stay tuned.

Damn! I thought that really happened... :rolleyes:

I like the them, except the Blue Jays, and Yankees. I just don't like the random slashes on the Jays, and the striped pants for New York, they look like pijamas to me. But, you are the designer, so do whatever you want.

Can't wait for the AL West.

Why does it say Boston rather than Red Sox?

This is how it went down. When I was 7 years old I found a box. It had a message inside that told me to go live with the Inuits in Alaska to learn the culture, or I would die. Being naive at the time, I got the next flight to Alaska. For 5 years I lived on nothing but seal grease and ice. One day I fell through the thin ice, when I woke up I found myself in Tibet. Turns out it had been a secret government experiment and I was now basically owned by the government, they thought I new too much (even though I was 12 and had no idea what was going on), so they exiled me to Tibet. There I lived in isolation from society with a Buddhist monk where I learned the arts of yoga and some forms of torture that I don't want to talk about. There I was taught the secret of life. If I were to somehow present a red baseball jersey with a navy wordmark and white outline that said "Boston" on it, I would have everlasting life, and never die. So I snuck back into the US, I have been living under a false name ever since, and now I will live forever. That is why I put Boston rather than Red Sox.

The moral of this story is to not ask stupid questions *coughpatsoxcoughcough* and you will live forever.

I think I will be posting the AL West later on today. Stay tuned.

I like you Elliot, you're funny. :D

So I went back and redid the teams I had completed in this division, I tried to make them all have a purpose. The Angels and Mariners might be a little controversial but the other 2, I think, are overall pretty good.

Oakland A's: They currently use the yellow outlined in white on when on a green background, wordmarks that is. I thought that yellow with an offset white outline would look better, and it would stand out more. I went with some modern striping that matches the wordmark. I went with a white hat here, the reason is that I saw a picture of an A's coaches hat from around the 70s, I liked it, it had a green A logo, here I went with yellow outlined in green to match the wordmark and numerals.

AsBP.gif

Anaheim Angels: My main thing here was to make the A logo stand out more, so I went with a white logo with silver beveling. I brought that to the hat as well. The side panels are similar to the A logo and are somewhat similar to the BP template right now, and the numbers match the A patch logo exactly. One of the most obvious things is the attempt at bringing back the halo thing. I just like the way they used to do that, so I thought that BP would be a good use to throwback to that.

AngelsBP.gif

Seattle Mariners: Thinking about how I could have striping have a purpose, I thought about what the main elements of Seattle actually are. I was there over the summer and the main things I noticed were the bad weather, the surrounding water, and the space needle. Well, I did a Mariners concept with the space needle a while back, so I went with something relating to water. That's what I intended the arm striping to be, I started with that, then tried to reflect it on the pants, which are my first attempt at trying something different with pants. On the hat I didn't use the exact pattern, but I did separate the blue and green with silver, like the arms.

MarinersBP.gif

Texas Rangers: So they seem to be using the red side by side with blue nowadays, I used that motif, and went back to the Rangers script they used to use. The hat looks like the normal template, but it is different. I did a drop shadow the same color as the script on the hat, script, and numbers. The arm striping is pretty simple, just a small wave to it is the only modern thing. The wave is similar to the curve in the wordmark underline.

RangersBP.gif

Hopefully GBM likes this division more. ;)

Now this edition is much better. You are really headed on the right track. The Athletics design on the jerseys sort of matches the outline on the wordmark, the Angels' jersey matches their straight/angularish style, the wavy thing on the M's jersey ties into their oceanic identity, and the curvy design on the Rangers' jersey matches the curvy looking script.

Very nice job on this round of concepts.

The Athletics' design is perfection! I love how you got rid of all the black, but my favorite part is the hat. It is incredible! I dunno, I guess I've just always liked white hats, but this is just perfect. I also love how you went back to the halo on the Angels' hats.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I like most of this batch. Other than the white cap, which I'm not a fan of at all, the A's concept is quite nice. I've never liked the halo on the caps for the Angels, but the rest is really nice. I like the predominance of silver. The Mariners one is excellent, but I'd go with one outline on the typography, because as is it looks a little too...cumbersome. The Rangers is my favorite. It's nice to see the team name on at least one of their jerseys! The sleeve piping is nice, and I like the red cap. Very well done.

scotland_fifasig.png

All four are pretty good. The halo effect on the Angels' hats is actually growing on me. I like the subtly modern effect with the Rangers' sleeves (although, I would've gone with blue caps). Might not be able to see the Mariners' striping as much. The A's are good. I like the white hat, actually.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I like the A's, Mariners and Angels uniforms for the most part, but the Texas one just seems wrong to me.

It just doesn't say 'Rangers' to me (well, technically it does lol). The design itself is good, there's nothing wrong with the design- it's just that the red hat seems out of place for the team, and so do the somewhat wavy stripes. In fact, the script looks strange for them too. It's not bad taken on its own, but when I see it, the Texas Rangers are among the last teams I would attribute a design like this to.

The only comments I really have about the others is that the A on the hat is a little hard to read, the Mariners' front numbers look really weird where they are (it makes me think of those crappy uniforms the Dallas Stars wear), and because of the bevel you did on the Angels' jersey logo, it looks like a mis-match with their numbers. You may want to try doing the numbers in the bevel, too. The way it is, it looks like the same font done two different ways.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived