White Sox Concept

ebonin

I'm not really very fond of the White Sox boring black, white, and silver, so I decided to go back to their blue and red scheme. I also used their more classic-looking SOX logo and script.

whitesoxlogoset.png

C + C is encouraged. I hope you like it.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

This is not a bad concept, but (excluding the Yankees) the white sox black and white is pretty different than other teams in the league. Red and blue on the other hand is used by just about every team in the freakin' league.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Even though I am a fan of the White/Black/Silver on the current Sox look, I do like this. I do have a couple of comments though. First the sleeve patch is a little to big for the jersey, maybe shrink it down just a tad. And second, I'm not sure how the Sox fans having the same colors as the cross town Cubbies. But overall this is a solid concept.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Having the White Sox wear the same colors as the Cubs simply would not fly. Change the colors to green and white or red and black (or anything else that's somewhat unique) and you've got a legitimate concept.

If you're going to change their colour scheme, at least give them actual white socks, too... I mean, they're the freakin White Sox lol...

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I dont think its a bad identity at all, but it looks too much like the Rangers in my honest opinion. Just the colors I mean. I'd say maybe darken the blue to like a dark navy and the red to sort of a scarlet, and I think it would look great.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The good thing about the White Sox is that they don't have gone through so many transformations over the years, that one more won't kill them. I wouldn't go with blue and red, because like it has been said, everyone uses it. Experiment with different colors and you might have a solid concept there.

For a split second, I thought that was a Texas Rangers concept. :P

Rethink the colors and go with something darker. And regardless of what you choose to do, the socks have to be white. It's their name.

Its not bad. Reminds me of the mid-1960s uniforms, or whenever they used blue before using red. The fundamental problem has already been addressed several times, though, that being that you're not going to sell royal blue and red to die-hard White Sox fans, because those colors represent the Cubs, and the Cubs represent everything that's wrong with America, or something like that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, waaaaaay too much blue and red in the MLB. I really don't see a problem with their current color scheme, I think it makes them look unique compared to the other teams using this color scheme (there is approximately 11). I don't think it's a bad concept, I just have to agree with the others that the main problem is the choice of colors.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Would like to see this concept with black and red instead of royal and red. Also, a more standard MLB Block number font would look better. Either that or a Yankees'-style block.

Also, arch the NOB. I can't see an MLB team using a straight one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love this for one reason...

I'm a sign maker for a Miller distributor and they are official sponsors of the White Sox. I am a die hard Cub fan with a natural hatred for the Southside club. I make it my responsibility to design every White Sox sign that goes out of here with royal blue and red. It's my manifesto.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Well, that doesn't sound very professional at all.

Also, arch the NOB. I can't see an MLB team using a straight one.

I think the Nationals could have pulled it off, actually.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thanks for the comments guys.

I found this website that has a lot of different caps, and I saw a few that looked insipring. In particular this one...

Green Cap

There's also a black-red one that's pretty cool.

Black and Red Cap

I really like how the green looks with the hat, and I think it would be much more unique than the blue and red. You should see an update real soon.

Also, I'm not sure why a black box is showing up for some of you; it's working fine for me.

EDIT:

halfway-to-st-patricks-day.jpg

Apparently the Sox use an all-green jersey for their half-way to St. Patrick's Day game during the season. I REALLY like how that looks.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Now that I see the black and red cap, I LOVE that color scheme and I think it would look great for the White Sox. A green jersey would look pretty cool too.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The logo on the black and red cap should be white with a red outline, as opposed to the cap that's in that picture. Not sure about the red bill... I'd have to see it in context to judge it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived