Abbotsford Jets AHL concept

Patchey13

With the recent talks of the Quad City Flames relocating to Abbotsford, I decided to put together a concept for them. I chose to name them the Abbotsford Jets, which ties in nicely with the airport and the junior team named the Abbotsford Pilots. So far I only have two sketch's for logos. One is an "A" with a streaking Jet forming the "J" and the other is more of a wordmark. I would love for this to be a solid concept in the end, all c&c welcome.

jets.png

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a colour scheme?

With the recent talks of the Quad City Flames relocating to Abbotsford, I decided to put together a concept for them. I chose to name them the Abbotsford Jets, which ties in nicely with the airport and the junior team named the Abbotsford Pilots. So far I only have two sketch's for logos. One is an "A" with a streaking Jet forming the "J" and the other is more of a wordmark. I would love for this to be a solid concept in the end, all c&c welcome.

jets.png

Pretty sure they'll keep the Flames name but none the less it's a concept use the Flames Color scheme

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

jets.png

Pretty sure they'll keep the Flames name but none the less it's a concept use the Flames Color scheme

No they announced the franchise will not be named the Flames. But thats a good idea, we'll see when the logos are polished up a bit

No they announced the franchise will not be named the Flames. But thats a good idea, we'll see when the logos are polished up a bit

Who announced this? Because I'm almost certain that if this move happens, 1) We'll have the Abbotsford Flames, 2) The team will use the Flames' jerseys, possibly with the Atlanta "A" as a crest, and 3) They'll be gone in two years, leaving a trail of red ink behind them, as Calgary has demonstrated quite a knack for doing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well I would have the Jet trail going through the A. And try not to make it look like the NY Jets or Winnepeg Jets. Be unique. As for colors, a shade of blue for the sky, a shade of grey for the jet and a shade of orange/yellow for the flame from the jet.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Who announced this? Because I'm almost certain that if this move happens, 1) We'll have the Abbotsford Flames, 2) The team will use the Flames' jerseys, possibly with the Atlanta "A" as a crest, and 3) They'll be gone in two years, leaving a trail of red ink behind them, as Calgary has demonstrated quite a knack for doing.

The team did. I've heard it on a couple different local radio stations, and saw a report somewhere on the Canucks message boards. I do think it would look really cool with the "A" flame though

The Abbotsford ownership group announced it. Do you really think they would put the Flames farm team in the Canucks backyard and leave the name intact to taunt Canuck fans? The Flames are the Canucks chief rival.

That said, the AHL BOG will very likely deny any motion to put a team in Abbotsford for various reasons. Travel, WHL ownership ties, etc. It's pretty doubtful that Abbotsford is getting the AHL next season.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I don't know if the A would make a good main logo. I can see it working alot better on the shoulder as an alternate.

As for colours I would like to see Winnipeg Jets colours, but I am sure you want to steer away from that. One thing is for sure though, do something "Calgary Flamey" with the jet flame.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

yeah, the New York Jets called...They want their logo back.

They both have a jet... :blink:

I don't know if the A would make a good main logo. I can see it working alot better on the shoulder as an alternate.

As for colours I would like to see Winnipeg Jets colours, but I am sure you want to steer away from that. One thing is for sure though, do something "Calgary Flamey" with the jet flame.

The A was origionally meant for a secondairy, I dont really want to go with something flamey. I kind of want the logoset to be Straight and linear, straying away from too many curves. I may as well see what I can do with it though :)

What about the Abbotsford Bacons?

THUG LYFE! :P

The Abbotsford ownership group announced it. Do you really think they would put the Flames farm team in the Canucks backyard and leave the name intact to taunt Canuck fans? The Flames are the Canucks chief rival.

That said, the AHL BOG will very likely deny any motion to put a team in Abbotsford for various reasons. Travel, WHL ownership ties, etc. It's pretty doubtful that Abbotsford is getting the AHL next season.

Wait-when did those jokers buy an AHL franchise? Dang I've been out of it.

But yeah AHL BOG will likely give them a big, fat NO on the transfer. And even if they don't....well combine the history of Calgary's AHL affiliates with road trips that can be measured in 1000s of miles, whilst presumably subsidizing your opponents' trips to your (um...what's the word you use for farther than an outpost?) and you got yourself one hell of a trainwreck.

In short, wouldn't a WHL or ECHL franchise have been easier?

As for the concept-needs a new nickname. How about "disaster?"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It still cracks me up that the dumpster that is Abbotsford is getting an AHL team. Great for the city I guess, it really, truly is a hole and a cesspool. Maybe this might open up the Canuck's idea to an AHL affiliate closer to home as well.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

C&C on the logo? I don't know, maybe do it in illustrator and then post it? I don't know if that works as a logo, that A would be way too similar to a logo I see on trucks, a green Arrow that looks like a ladder or something that has a streak that flies around it almost just like that.

I don't even know the colours for the Pilots, I don't ever go near Abbotsford, Surrey, or Cloverdale (ugh to all 3).

can_bc_pijhlgraphicspilots.jpg

That's the Logo for the Pilots. Here's the problem though, the AHL is an Affiliate, some AHL team's don't have the team's name after it, but the Flames like it. QC Flames, STJ Flames...etc.

Abbotsford Flames might be the name and the same colours?

If you are going to use the Jets...for your fun concept, I suggest this, mind you this is just my criticism so don't get choked, k?

That first logo, extend the bottom part of the streak to under the A to spell out the Jets in it, it might work a little better that way. That 2nd one I'm not a fan of at all. That first one could work though if you did that I think. Try it out?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

C&C on the logo? I don't know, maybe do it in illustrator and then post it? I don't know if that works as a logo, that A would be way too similar to a logo I see on trucks, a green Arrow that looks like a ladder or something that has a streak that flies around it almost just like that.

I don't even know the colours for the Pilots, I don't ever go near Abbotsford, Surrey, or Cloverdale (ugh to all 3).

can_bc_pijhlgraphicspilots.jpg

That's the Logo for the Pilots. Here's the problem though, the AHL is an Affiliate, some AHL team's don't have the team's name after it, but the Flames like it. QC Flames, STJ Flames...etc.

Abbotsford Flames might be the name and the same colours?

If you are going to use the Jets...for your fun concept, I suggest this, mind you this is just my criticism so don't get choked, k?

That first logo, extend the bottom part of the streak to under the A to spell out the Jets in it, it might work a little better that way. That 2nd one I'm not a fan of at all. That first one could work though if you did that I think. Try it out?

I dont know if I should listen to you after putting down Surrey like that :(

Jokes, I'll try it.

Archived