Domestic Soccer 2009-10

BrySmalls

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend just tweeted from New Jersey - Red Bull Arena doesn't serve hard liquor.

To repeat: A soccer stadium, built by and for a beverage company whose product is associated with vodka and/or Jagermeister more than anything else, isn't serving a drop of hard liquor. The hell? After NY/NJ's entry into MLS being absolutely irrelevant for 15 seasons, you'd think they'd jump at the chance to get the supporters jacked up on $9.50 Jager Bombs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the last thing MLS needs is to have one of it's most loyal and somewhat strong fanbase acting like soccer hooligans because they were drunk off their asses.

Speaking of Red Bull Arena: Watching it on TV doesn't do that place justice. It looks that nice on TV... I can't imagine what it would be to actually see a game there.

I think the last thing MLS needs is to have one of it's most loyal and somewhat strong fanbase acting like soccer hooligans because they were drunk off their asses.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the Red Bulls.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the Red Bulls.

It's so easy to confuse them with Columbus, what with the players and all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

My friend just tweeted from New Jersey - Red Bull Arena doesn't serve hard liquor.

To repeat: A soccer stadium, built by and for a beverage company whose product is associated with vodka and/or Jagermeister more than anything else, isn't serving a drop of hard liquor. The hell? After NY/NJ's entry into MLS being absolutely irrelevant for 15 seasons, you'd think they'd jump at the chance to get the supporters jacked up on $9.50 Jager Bombs.

Are there many sports venues that serve hard liquor?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I know down here Staples Center, Angels Stadium, and Honda Center all have hard liquor but 2 or 3 other places in the arena/stadium other than the Club level suites/bar.

I'm pretty sure Dodger Stadium doesn't have it outside the premium seats/level and I'm not sure about Home Depot Center

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Are there many sports venues that serve hard liquor?

Pretty much every one that I've been to, really.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

BMO Field even serves Red Bull & Vodka :therock:

1zqy8ok.gif

Really? I've never noticed anything other than beer at the concession stands at any stadium or arena. I suppose some places have bars that might have it, but those seem somewhat self-contained.

POTD 2013-08-22

Really? I've never noticed anything other than beer at the concession stands at any stadium or arena. I suppose some places have bars that might have it, but those seem somewhat self-contained.

If for some godawful reason you head up to oh, say Winnipeg for example, head to the stadium, where Appleton Rum has at least 2 or 3 self-contained kiosks, or any other non-beer stand, there'll be your major hard liquors (except Gin and Scotch, those bastards) available with your choice of pop. MTS Centre is the same way.

BC Place also does hard liquor, as well as mixed drinks. Nothing says HARDCORE FOOTBALL ACTION like two-fisting Long Island Ice Teas at $8.50 a pop.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's only one match, but DC United got shellacked 4-0 to Kansas City in which may be a prelude to another long season..

It was ugly.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Houston beat Salt Lake 2-1 after converting 2 PKs (the 2nd one being highly questionable) in 3 minutes, & Donovan assists Buddle on two goals as the Galaxy beat the goats 2-0.

Also, have you been on mlssoccer.com? It's a HOT MESS.

Houston beat Salt Lake 2-1 after converting 2 PKs (the 2nd one being highly questionable) in 3 minutes, & Donovan assists Buddle on two goals as the Galaxy beat the goats 2-0.

Also, have you been on mlssoccer.com? It's a HOT MESS.

Stating it's a "HOT MESS" is being too nice. Here's a blog that has scathing criticism about the new site. Enjoy the read!

It's a shame they decided they needed a change, because their previous site was actually pretty good. Visually, the new site's nice, but obviously it's a non-functioning nightmare.

The second penalty against RSL was, upon review of the replay, pretty legit.

POTD 2013-08-22

Didn't MLB's advance media division used to run the MLS site? I'm guessing MLS decided to go on their own with the website and this was the result.If so not surprised there are problems as the first of anything has problems. But going from an MLB powered site that is usually top of the line as far as league sites go, to this is a stark contrast.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile. Here are the MLS standings through Week 4, excluding the Colorado - Toronto match-up today:

East:

Red Bull New York: 3-1-0, 9 Points;

Kansas City: 2-1-0, 6 Points;

New England: 2-2-0, 6 Points;

Columbus: 1-0-1, 4 Points;

Chicago: 1-2-1, 4 Points;

Philadelphia: 1-2-0, 3 Points;

Toronto: 1-2-0, 3 Points;

DC United: 0-4-0, 0 Points.

West:

Los Angeles: 4-0-0, 12 Points;

Houston: 2-1-1, 7 Points;

Seattle: 2-1-1, 7 Points;

San Jose: 2-1-0, 6 Points;

Real Salt Lake: 1-2-1, 4 Points;

Colorado: 1-1-1, 4 Points;

Chivas USA: 1-3, 3 Points;

FC Dallas: 0-1-2, 2 Points.

The Galaxy's Edson Buddle has scored 7 goals and DC United have conceded 11 goals through 4 matches.

Archived