A+ Trailer Rentals (Second Full Update)

josh_cat_eyes

My girlfriends dad recently was approved a loan to start a bussiness call A+ Trailer Rentals, where he rents camper trailers during the summer. He asked my to make a logo for him and this is what I came up with. Any thoughts, C&C?

A.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Maybe it's just my eyes, but the top of the + looks like it's a little shorter than the bottom. If it is then I'd make all four points the same length and width. If not then I'll make an appointment to see my local eye doctor. :P

stoneraizersig.jpg

Maybe it's just my eyes, but the top of the + looks like it's a little shorter than the bottom. If it is then I'd make all four points the same length and width. If not then I'll make an appointment to see my local eye doctor. :P

Optical illusion caused by the stroke methinks.

My only flaw is that nothing about the logo says "Camper Rental". While the A+ design is good as a standalone secondary, it may be nice to have a primary logo that incorporates the camper aspect into it.

This may seem cheesy but could you incorporate the A+ to be part of a camper shape? Then have "A+ Camper Rentals" written on the body of the camper?

I'll mock up what I mean quickly in Illustrator.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Something like this:

a-1.png

I put in a lot of filler stuff. You'd have more time to toy with it and lay out everything exactly how you wanted to, but this roughly shows what I had in my mind.

A+ Camper Rentals: "We're POSITIVE You'll Have a good time"

You're welcome. 10% of rental sales come to me now.

Yeah, I was intending on adding the camper part on afterwords. Someone mentioned that they thought it should be a rounded "A"

Here is a little update on that regard:

AAlt.png

I like the idea of it being shaped like a camper, but its too busy that way. I want it to look like an identity, rather than a business card. I will mention that to him for business cards though. Oh, that slogan made me laugh, thats a neat idea.

Another quick update with colors:

A3-1.png

A34-1.png

AAlt-1.png

AAlt34.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I like the idea of it being shaped like a camper, but its too busy that way. I want it to look like an identity, rather than a business card. I will mention that to him for business cards though. Oh, that slogan made me laugh, thats a neat idea.

I agree with you. However, if a truck drove by with an "A+" on it, you'd have no idea what it was advertising. The A+ would be a solid standalone logo on other apparel (shirts, hats, letterhead, etc.) for the business, but when it comes to marketing it wouldn't suffice without an additional explanation.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

I agree with you. However, if a truck drove by with an "A+" on it, you'd have no idea what it was advertising. The A+ would be a solid standalone logo on other apparel (shirts, hats, letterhead, etc.) for the business, but when it comes to marketing it wouldn't suffice without an additional explanation.

I think your idea is good, but I just would rather another way to add "Camper Rentals" to the logo. I am not intending on leaving it like it is now, if thats that you are thinking.

Archived