Southwest Classic logo

cajunaggie08

The Southwest Classic should be a preseason tournament between New Mexico, Arizona, New Mexico State, and Arizona State.

Lobos over Wildcats

Sun Devils over Aggies

Sun Devils over Lobos

No University of Phoenix?

/please put the bong down.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What region of the country do people from Texas consider themselves in? (I am guessing the answer will be "Texas").

you got it :D well it depends on what part of the state you are in as well. the eastern part is somewhat like the deep south. the western part near el paso is like the american southwest. the panhandle is part of the great plains. south texas is almost mexico. and the middle is all confused.

• 1 month later...

Here is another version of the Southwest Classic logo. I don't see the previous version on the website anymore so I'm guessing they are switching to this one. Looks like they decided to do away with the random enlarged H as well as the emphasis on Jerryworld in the logo.

roadmap.png

It's better, by only by a smidge. The gradient effect sucks here and while it says "Southwest" is still doesn't say Southwest to me. Know what I mean?

Throw some tired, cliche imagery up in there. A skull, some horns, some teal, whatever you need to do. What, you don't like tired cliches? Well, what's more cliche than another trumped up college football rivalry?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think the new one's better, but the outer silver border around the Razorback's tail just looks weird. Seriously, the shape of the border in that area just reminds of, well, a stool sample. It just protrudes out very awkwardly IMO. They would've been better off using the helmets, if only to keep the border even.

Something called the Southwest Classic shouldn't involve Arkansas.

Jerry Jones played football at Arkansas. It is his stadium he can have what ever teams in it he wants. Also it plays homage to the old South Western Confernce that was disbanded when teams left to form the Big 12.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

It's better, by only by a smidge. The gradient effect sucks here and while it says "Southwest" is still doesn't say Southwest to me. Know what I mean?

Throw some tired, cliche imagery up in there. A skull, some horns, some teal, whatever you need to do. What, you don't like tired cliches? Well, what's more cliche than another trumped up college football rivalry?

I'll disagree with you and say that it's not better, the gradient effect kills it. But what really kills it is the just slapped on images that make it feel clipartish. If you take the roadmap out of the background, it has no feel to it whatsoever. I do agree with the tired cliche and trumped up football rivalries. Anything more trumped up than the Cowboys, Raiders, NY teams vs. anyone? Oh yeah, Notre Dame vs. anyone. A rivalry needs recent history, and relevant history. Relevant meaning something up for grabs more than who gets bragging rites between two really bad teams. If you haven't played in years and it's two bad teams (and I'm talking college here), then it's not a rivalry. A rivalry isn't a 3-7 team vs. a 4-6 team if you haven't played recently and even if you have played recently, if you're constantly playing for nothing (pride) then it ain't a rivalry, it's just a match up of two bad teams.

texas a&m is not in the southwest, neither is arkansaas

Wow. Way to read the thread before posting.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived