Southwest Classic logo

cajunaggie08

Here is the logo for the newly created Southwest Classic to be played annually between Texas A&M and Arkansas in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. I suppose the H is enlarged to sort of represent goalposts. I like how the name of the game can be abbreviated to be just SWC which was the conference A&M and Arkansas used to be in.

SouthwestClassic.jpg

I think this is an alright logo, but what interests me is that they used "Cowboys Stadium." I wonder if they have decided not to sell naming rights, or maybe I'm looking too deep into it. The same thing happened with the Ballpark in Arlington, when fans boycotted the team for signing a deal with Ameriquest. Hopefully, Jerry finally has his head on straight.

Although I still doubt it.

I'm not surprised Arkansas is playing in this game but it should be Texas and not A & M involved. So are Texas and Oklahoma moving to the new stadium too? I think they agreed to stay at the Cotton Bowl but I don't remember for how long.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Something called the Southwest Classic shouldn't involve Arkansas.

It should since Arkansas played in the Southwest conference with TAMU for a very very long time.

I do agree that it should be Texas, but the good news is that we have played the 'Horns three times this decade. We had a good rivalry with the Aggies though so this is a good consolation.

dolphins2.png

I'm not surprised Arkansas is playing in this game but it should be Texas and not A & M involved. So are Texas and Oklahoma moving to the new stadium too? I think they agreed to stay at the Cotton Bowl but I don't remember for how long.

Texas and Oklahoma are playing at the Cotton Bowl Stadium through 2015. The Cotton Bowl Game will be played at the Cowboy's new stadium.

n1183590582_30138015_9617.jpgiowaaaa.png

They've played 65 games vs A&M, and 76 vs the Longhorns. Their records are 38-24-3 vs A&M, and 21-55 vs Texas. I think we now know the reason why it's A&M and not Texas, because it's not classic vs Texas and they aren't on the Longhorns level as the record proves out. As far as the logo goes, the only thing I don't like is the H, as it seems forced.

They've played 65 games vs A&M, and 76 vs the Longhorns. Their records are 38-24-3 vs A&M, and 21-55 vs Texas. I think we now know the reason why it's A&M and not Texas, because it's not classic vs Texas and they aren't on the Longhorns level as the record proves out. As far as the logo goes, the only thing I don't like is the H, as it seems forced.

The Hogs have been extremely competitive with the Longhorns since 2000, and will be on the level they are soon enough. FWIW, Texas will not agree to play Arkansas every year, Frank Broyles tried that in 2002.

dolphins2.png

Remember that Jerry Jones is an Arkansas alum and basically is the game's "promoter". The D/FW area has thousands of former A&M students to draw and he needs events to pay for the stadium. The only thing I see missing is a corporate sponsor for this game (and for his sake, the stadium). It is not that bad and since it is reported they will have three different turfs for the field, it should not effect Cowboys games.

The Hogs have been extremely competitive with the Longhorns since 2000, and will be on the level they are soon enough. FWIW, Texas will not agree to play Arkansas every year, Frank Broyles tried that in 2002.

Not if the fans keep driving the coaches away.

Now I doubt competitiveness is why Texas is not in this, so that is neither here nor there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here is the logo for the newly created Southwest Classic to be played annually between Texas A&M and Arkansas in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. I suppose the H is enlarged to sort of represent goalposts. I like how the name of the game can be abbreviated to be just SWC which was the conference A&M and Arkansas used to be in.

SouthwestClassic.jpg

Reminds me of Andy Samberg... The safe word is "wHiskey".

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

texas a&m is not in the southwest, neither is arkansaas

But both were in the Southwest Conference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

FWIW, Texas will not agree to play Arkansas every year, Frank Broyles tried that in 2002.

That's just incorrect. Texas and Arkansas agreed to a home and home for 2008 and 2009, but Arkansas postponed their 2009 home game to 2015 because they felt they needed more time to get their program stronger.

Archived