Goodbye Vetrans' Stadium

DEAD!

The last of the cookie cutters is gone.

Riverfornt, Three Rivers, and the Vet were bascially the same stadium in differnt cities, all opened within 18 months and now all are memories.

All also sympboized teh growth of Astroturf which with in 5 years will also be a memory.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Veterans had bad turf, it was ugly, and perfectly round.

BUT, it's what a government-built stadium should be: Useful for two sports, gets the job done with as little frills as possible. The best use of tax money, instead of buidling two $200mil + USD stadiums. Having two government funded stadiums for one sport each (Like in Tampa, where they have a dome, but had to build a brand-new football stadium) is the stupidist use of tax money in history.

If that happened here, wow, they'd be in SOooo much trouble...

And there goes another Blue Jays World Series stadium... speaking of AstroTurf and how it's almost a memory (SkyDome the only stadium in MLB to still use it), the Dome is experimenting with putting real grass in the stadium for a soccer game in July... perhaps this will lead them towards field turf? who knows.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

And there goes another Blue Jays World Series stadium... speaking of AstroTurf and how it's almost a memory (SkyDome the only stadium in MLB to still use it), the Dome is experimenting with putting real grass in the stadium for a soccer game in July... perhaps this will lead them towards field turf? who knows.

Minnesota still uses it.

and if you count it, (Im sure CC does) so does Montreal

And there goes another Blue Jays World Series stadium... speaking of AstroTurf and how it's almost a memory (SkyDome the only stadium in MLB to still use it), the Dome is experimenting with putting real grass in the stadium for a soccer game in July... perhaps this will lead them towards field turf?  who knows.

Minnesota still uses it.

I thought Minnesota and Montreal we changing surfaces this year.

I saw, I came, I left.

And there goes another Blue Jays World Series stadium... speaking of AstroTurf and how it's almost a memory (SkyDome the only stadium in MLB to still use it), the Dome is experimenting with putting real grass in the stadium for a soccer game in July... perhaps this will lead them towards field turf?  who knows.

Minnesota still uses it.

Sorry Shark, you missed the offseason changes.

Minnesota, Montreal, and even San Juan have converted to FieldTurf

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Busch Stadium in St. Louis was also built in the same design as the cookie cutter stadiums.

No, Busch is more like a closed off Shea Stadium.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I saw, I came, I left.

Montreal, and even San Juan have converted to FieldTurf

different stadiums, same team. expos, just end our misery and get the :cursing: out of canada. usally im not for getting rid of canadian teams, but when one plays 1/2 of its home games in san juan, then an exeption must be made.

go jays go :flagcanada:

I'm sorry to see one of the last "cookie cutter" stadiums to go.

The old Kingdome in Seattle could have been considered a "cookie cutter" but only with a roof!

kingdome.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Much like the Tropicana Field.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived