Pittsburgh Pens Concept

Snowcap30

Not bad, snowcap. I like the retro lettering you have, very Rangers-like. The Old Gold is a nice touch too, but darken it up a bit if you're going to use while lettering. Even with a heavy outline, it tends to get a little washed out.

The black areas under the arms are too big...narrow them so they stay to the sides. I don't like how they come in under the numbers. Is the negative space they create supposed to look like a star?

Extend the black shoulder stripe area to the laces on the front. Either you have a regular collar or a lace-up, not both.

I might be the .gif, but the shoulder patches get lost because of the thin lines. Raise them up a bit so they don't get cut in half by the white shoulder stripe, it becomes very busy there, especially with the side numbers almost touching it too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

:puke:

UGH!!! Dude, NO! NO, NO, NO, NO, A thousand times NO!!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH OF THAT NASTY FRICKIN' VEGAS GOLD!!!! It looks like the Preds' mustard thirds... The gold really should stay an accent color. (Actually, THAT gold needs to go, and they need to bring back the more traditional Pittsburgh gold... but I digress.)

And if it was the same metallic fabric they use on the regular set... I know my team plays like they belong in the Ice Capades instead of the NHL, but they really don't have to look the part, y'know?

There are positives, though:

* I like the template. It's given me a few ideas, actually...

* No Pigeon logo.

* Going back to the diagonal "PITTSBURGH" was a nice idea. Good homage to the original sweaters, plus I always liked the version of that they had in the post-Cup years.

Overall, 2 stars out of 5, for the effort.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I love it, Vegas Gold and all. It's reminiscent of the old powder blue jersey's they wore, but with the modern colors.

What i would really love to see is a Penguins alt concept incorporating the old blue color into it. That's my two cents.

I might be the .gif, but the shoulder patches get lost because of the thin lines. Raise them up a bit so they don't get cut in half by the white shoulder stripe, it becomes very busy there, especially with the side numbers almost touching it too.

thats actually because i resized it when i finished.

thanks for the comments everyone. ill take into consideration the template and ajust it today since i am sick with a stomach virus :cry:

me = :puke:

untitled-1.png

That jersey looks great! Very nice work!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

You made socks, but no pants?

They play hockey a bit different over there... :blink:

:D J/K...

Snow, I echo the sentiment that the armpit trim doesn't fit the rest of the jersey. Also, while it looks good on paper, I'm skeptical as to how vegas gold would look as a jersey's base colour.

I do appreciate the fact you did something a bit different other than slap a logo on the front of a recoloured template. Besides, your Pittsburgh concept has gotten a better reception than my own (H/A) did a while back. Keep up the good work!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived