CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

It would have been befitting if the Yankees had presented a DJ with a ring like the ones Red Sox presented to Ortiz this year.

Top would have New York Yankees and the logo on blue stone. Shanks would have his full name and bust along with SS 2. Other shank would have the years and 5 world series years. Since NYY WS rings are all by Balfour and around 50 grams, a 100 grams ring would have been really cool.

I thinks the shanks on the new NFL HOF rings are done really well.

RW+-+AllenRing.jpg

I think it's great that they upgraded the Hall of Fame rings. Those rings are now really befitting of the honor they represent. And I agree with you once again, dralec, those rings look really nice and well designed.

I wonder if the guys from past years would be able to get this new ring? You know, get an upgrade?

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

Hi Mike,

How about a picutre of all 9 Dan Reeves rings or all 8 Bill Belichick rings? I think that would be pretty cool!

There are guys that have rings from 2 teams, but I dont know of anyone else asides from Reevess who has been to SB with 3 differnt teams.

Thanks and keep them coming.

It would have been befitting if the Yankees had presented a DJ with a ring like the ones Red Sox presented to Ortiz this year.

Top would have New York Yankees and the logo on blue stone. Shanks would have his full name and bust along with SS 2. Other shank would have the years and 5 world series years. Since NYY WS rings are all by Balfour and around 50 grams, a 100 grams ring would have been really cool.

I thinks the shanks on the new NFL HOF rings are done really well.

RW+-+AllenRing.jpg

I think it's great that they upgraded the Hall of Fame rings. Those rings are now really befitting of the honor they represent. And I agree with you once again, dralec, those rings look really nice and well designed.

I wonder if the guys from past years would be able to get this new ring? You know, get an upgrade?

I agree karl, I really like the new HOF rings, I was thinking the same thing, I wonder if they can upgrade to the new ring.

I thinks this is the third version of the ring and the best looking one by far. I don't know if I ever noticed before if palyes wore thier rings, but with the new ring I have aleray seen Cris Carter, Sapp, Marshall Falk and few other players wearing them.

A hall of famer I met told me that the HOF allowed the old timers to <i><b>purchase </i></b> the new ring, but it costs thousands of dollars.

Some of the old guys are are very limited income and the person I spoke wit told me he was going to pass.

How about a picutre of all 9 Dan Reeves rings or all 8 Bill Belichick rings? I think that would be pretty cool!

There are guys that have rings from 2 teams, but I dont know of anyone else asides from Reevess who has been to SB with 3 differnt teams.

Hi Dralec,

thanks for your kind words. I actually took photos of the rings that you mentioned and will post them within a week or two.

I wish I could do the 5 49ers rings or even adding their recent nfc ring, but I don't have the XXIII ring or the 2012 NFC ring.

I also can't do the viking or steelers rings, yet. Hopefully some day.

I will be doing the Buffalo rings soon too!

A hall of famer I met told me that the HOF allowed the old timers to <i><b>purchase </i></b> the new ring, but it costs thousands of dollars.

Some of the old guys are are very limited income and the person I spoke wit told me he was going to pass.

That's disgusting. Wow. Yes, most of the old timers have limited means. They didn't make that much money.

First of all, not every old timer would want the new one. But even if they did, the NFL could buy rings for ALL of them and not even BLINK. Why not have an exchange program where old timers could turn in the ring they already have (they're made of gold, right?) and the League would finance the balance for a new ring?

I didn't know until recently that the NFL is tax exempt as a 'non-profit corporation'. Did you guys know that? I don't think people know that generally....

Hey Mike can you clarify weight of Patriots rings for me please.

Patriots 2001 ring is 72 grams, 2003 is 100 grams? and how much does the 2003 ring weigh? you had not mentioned it on your recent blog post.

Jostens lists is at 115 grams but I think you told me the ones you came across are more around 105 grams.

Hey Mike can you clarify weight of Patriots rings for me please.

Patriots 2001 ring is 72 grams, 2003 is 100 grams? and how much does the 2003 ring weigh? you had not mentioned it on your recent blog post.

Jostens lists is at 115 grams but I think you told me the ones you came across are more around 105 grams.

Here's what I have seen out there...

2001 = 65 - 72 grams. I believe they left Jostens at about 72 grams. When the rings get scuffed up, jewelers will polish them up and make the look new. However, this will take 1-3 grams of gold off the ring! so a 65 gram ring probably has been cleaned a few times!

The tops are always the same, regardless if the recipient is a tiny kicker, or a 325 pound lineman. next, they use the same amount of gold for the sides of the ring whether you are a finger size 9 or a finger size 14. that's why the really big finger rings looks a little stretched, or thinner at the bottom of the rings.

On the 2003 ring, two have hit the market place, both were 100 grams.

On the 2004 ring, the one sold by Mastro, the Cobbs ring, did not have the weight listed in the auction. Davey's ring was sold by SCP and it too did not have the weight (SCP sucks at getting any details in the auctions). The ring I have is 102.1 grams and I doubt they started at 115 grams. It was probably an error by the pr department, or maybe when they started the design that was their intended target.

their 2007 rings were 45-46 grams

and their 2011 rings were around 55 grams.

Hope that helps!

Mike thank you so much for the information on the Pats rings.

I don't know of anyone else but Reeves that has been to SB with 3 different teams, all the other guys we see with multiple rings are with 2 teams, that is a very remarkable. I can't imagine the pain of losing SB 4 times as a head coach, the irony of it is he loses 3 with Denver and then as head coach of Atlanta loses to of all teams to Denver! Wow!

Hey Mike, here is a link to the official Ravens web site comparing their rings to Seattle. The writer states she thinks their ring is bigger but she really can't tell since there are no side by side pics. Maybe you can help her out and email her a pic you posted here of the two rings next together.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-620-Comparing-Ravens--Seahawks-Super-Bowl-Rings/cf8e2c13-33ab-4fa4-9cbd-8cccf4418e6f

Either this week or next week LA Kings will be receiving their Stanley Cup rings. Based on history should be another Tiffany ring, nothing close to gorgeous 90+ grams diamond studed rings made by Jostens.

San Antonio Spurs will receive their NBA rings on 10/28. Although recent NBA championship rings by Jostens have been breaking all kind of championship rings records, we should not expect it from San Antonio. So far all their rings have been about 55-65 grams of 14K made by Master's of Design. Although I don't know who will be making the new rings, I highly doubt they will be anywhere near the size of the recent Lakers, Dallas Mavericks or Miami Heat rings. 2013 Miami Heat ring is the largest Championship ring ever made at 135 grams of 14K white gold along with close to 11 carat of diamonds and black onyx. Even the heaviest SB rings appears to be under 105 grams, so 135 grams of 14K gold is just unbelievable. Recent Stanley Cup rings are 90-95 grams of 14K gold. Largest WS ring is still the 2003 Marlins ring at just under 115 grams of 14K gold.

Hey Mike, here is a link to the official Ravens web site comparing their rings to Seattle. The writer states she thinks their ring is bigger but she really can't tell since there are no side by side pics. Maybe you can help her out and email her a pic you posted here of the two rings next together.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-620-Comparing-Ravens--Seahawks-Super-Bowl-Rings/cf8e2c13-33ab-4fa4-9cbd-8cccf4418e6f

thanks Dralec!

First look at the Kings ring:

pearson_ring0_zps12d0ecf3.png

Dude, seriously, PLEASE tell me that is not the actual ring. Please please please.

To the others who wondered about the home plate effect, it is simply a representation of the Logo on the front of their jerseys. That's the new Kings logo for the past few years. The logo is cool, but the ring is not....Unless additional pictures show me something else.

Karl