CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

If Tiffany is going to be making championship rings they need to do a better PR job promoting their work.

Unlike Jostens that puts out a news bulletin detailing the rings, Tiffany does a very poor job.

Only piece of information is that top of the ring is 32 MM wide and there are 132 diamonds. No mention of what kind of gold, how many grams and how many carats of diamond. From what I see, ring is slightly larger than the NYG 2011 ring which was 30 MM round ring and weighed 92 grams of 14 K gold.

If this ring is 32 MM wide, then top to bottom of the tip should be about 37-38 MM, that would be very impressive as it would make it about the same size of the Pats 2004 and Ravens 2012 rings.

I found a couple of pics of shanks but looking for better ones before i post them.

I am really baffled by the design, they look like cuff links not championship rings.

If Tiffany is going to be making championship rings they need to do a better PR job promoting their work.

Unlike Jostens that puts out a news bulletin detailing the rings, Tiffany does a very poor job.

Only piece of information is that top of the ring is 32 MM wide and there are 132 diamonds. No mention of what kind of gold, how many grams and how many carats of diamond. From what I see, ring is slightly larger than the NYG 2011 ring which was 30 MM round ring and weighed 92 grams of 14 K gold.

If this ring is 32 MM wide, then top to bottom of the tip should be about 37-38 MM, that would be very impressive as it would make it about the same size of the Pats 2004 and Ravens 2012 rings.

I found a couple of pics of shanks but looking for better ones before i post them.

I am really baffled by the design, they look like cuff links not championship rings.

Tiffany drives me crazy with their "mm" dimensions!

Worse, they never give the graham weight to the press so all the stories never contain the weight of the ring!

On a player's hand it looks MASSIVE!BzUZglvIMAANGQd_zpsxjclfqef.jpg

Okay, it actually looks better ON than off. This reminds me of Baltimore Ravens recent ring....horrible in pictures but looks decent when being worn. It's a funny phenomenon, but I swear it's real.

Yes, this ring is similar to Clevelands awhile back. Good observation there. It would be neater if the Kings were the first to do it. Although it's different sports and different reasons for the design (team logo vs. a symbol of the game).

Also, the pictures LMU just posted and the ones on the Kings website are much better than the first snapshot.

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

Tiffany doesn't need PR promoting their work.

nav-logo.png

The LA Kings new Stanley Cup ring might not be the best looking ring ever but at least it's different. The ring designs were getting predictable over the last 10 years, the team's logo on top of a Stanley Cup. I'm convinced the only reason last year's Blackhawks ring didn't fit that description is because they had already done it in recent memory.

I think they should have total carat of diamonds and total grams of gold on SB rings. Number of different diamonds or the cut of diamonds are rather useless technical information for average fan. By comparing weight and total carat can have better comparison idea.

I sure hope this is the last championship ring that Herff Jones ever gets to make.

It is so disappointing that a company would take so little pride in their work, especially when their work is design and creativity.

At first I thought it is Spurs to blame, don't appear anyone in that franchise would be interested in designing a piece of jewelry. Then again it was not their fault at all, they shelled out good money for rings, each ring is over 80 grams of 14K gold and over 5 carats of diamond. Although nothing close to the colossal 135 grams and 11 carats of diamonds that the 2013t Heat ring was, still it is a ring with very respectable amount of gold and diamond, even much bigger than most super bowl rings.

In case you can not recall, this ring is almost identical to the Spurs 2003 ring made by Masters of Design which is now owned by Herff Jones, it is also the same design of the Colts 2006 SB ring by Herff Jones.

For some reason Spurs decided to go with Herff Jones for their 5th championship ring, giving them an opportunity to come up with a new design, yet they just copy the most basic of generic designs, this to me is just flat out insulting. I cant imagine that if Spurs were presented with at least few different designs they would have picked this design again. Jostens and Tiffany undoubtedly would have created a much better ring/

Although I think Tiffany championship rings are too small but your have to give them credit for creating new designs and their rings definitely don't look identical. TB super bowl ring, Saints SB ring, 2 Giants rings and Sea Chickens rings are all unique designs. Jostens also has bee producing some great rings.

2003-NBA-Championship-Ring.jpeg

2003-San-Antonio-Spurs-Ring.jpeg

2003-Spurs-NBA-Ring.jpeg

102914_SpursRings3.jpg

102914_SpursRings4.jpg