Twins announce new uniforms coming in 2010

FSUViking

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the first one looks like a Little League team

Yup. Text inside a tail is never a good idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the first one looks like a Little League team

Yup. Text inside a tail is never a good idea.

On the Twins' satin jackets of the 60s, there were stars and lettering inside the tail. It's based on historic fact. Doesn't mean they'll use it, but ...

The problem with the Twins is that they have the same color scheme as the Red Sox, Nationals, Cardinals, etc. Navy and Red. The one thing that differentiates them is their road pinstripes. The Twins are my least favorite teams for many reasons, but their current look is solid. I wouldn't change it. The throwback red hats with red script and no pinstripes is not a good look for them.

Everyone loves a roundel.

It isn't the NFL where seats have to be one of the team's colors.

The Georgia Dome used to have teal seats. I really don't think that rule exists.

I think it's just new stadiums. The idea is that it will be harder to tell when no one is in the seat.

Cincinnati's Paul Brown Stadium has green seats:

cincinnati-paul-brown-stadium2.jpg

well with the georgia dome i think they are black and red now.

the ravens i know for sure are purple. the broncos and eagles for the most part go to the teams colors and the same rule applies to the redskins. other than that i am not sure. I think the cowboys new stadium has blue and silver seats but am not 100% sure on that...

(Blue and green Twins uniforms are discussed.)

I did a concept on that about 5 years or so ago.

So did I, but I'm sure yours is better, so do post pics!

I did, too--in fact, I think mine and BallWonk's were circulating about the same time. Here's mine:

Twins-Sheet.png

Logo and caps close-up

Home and road close-up

Alternates close-up

On the StarTribune website last week there was a blog asking for uniform update ideas. I said changing the colors, with green in mind, would be cool.

However the writer said the colors won't be changing.

Still, I think with a deeper green those would be sharp.

Archived