Twins announce new uniforms coming in 2010

FSUViking

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE: Not use nameplates on any pinstriped jerseys.

I am so with you on this. To me, the Twins' primary and navy alt uniforms are great, save for the road sleeve patch and the nameplates. This isn't 1987, you aren't recycling those down to A-Ball, get rid of the bloody nameplates. And it's such a simple, clean fix to make:

Home jersey: Navy letters outlined in white.

Road jersey: Navy letters outlined in gray.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I am interested in seeing what the team comes up with. I like the idea of coming up with something new with the opening of a new stadium. The Padres did it, the Marlins are gonna do it, so hopefully these turn out good.

The Brewers did it, the Reds did it, the Pirates did it...

In 2003 debut season of Great American Ballpark, the Reds had the same black infested uniforms that they went to in 1999, 4 years before they opened GAB, which was 4 years before they switched to their current, and better, identity. So they in no way, had something new for opening of a new ballpark... except adding the red alternate that year. Not much.

I like the Twins' current look. They just need to tweak it a bit to make it perfect. Use the "TC" logo full time on the caps and helmets, use the "Twins shaking hands" logo on all the jerseys as a sleeve patch, and fix the nameplate mess.

Other then those small things I think the Twins have a great identity as is. I even like the road pinstripes.

I would get rid of the pinstripes and the M logo, the the old script on the homes and roadies, no blue or red jersey for at least a couple of years, I would probably add a touch of silver, but not black.

the alternate I would prefer is the sleveless twins script without pinstripes

TC logo on the cap stays, no red on the bill of the cap

keep current colors but add a touch of silver ( not a lot like cleveland did)

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I used to hate the old Twins script, but it's really starting to grow on me. The original navy one, twinned with a similar Minnesota script, would be a nice retro look for the new park. They need to figure out how to make a better TC, though.

Is anyone else using navy trimmed in red for scripts, names, and numbers at home and on the road? For all the talk of navy and red being overdone, I don't think anybody is. The Indians emphasize red over navy in those elements, as do the Braves (kinda).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree 100%! That concept is beautiful. Barely anything I would change. Can you imagine seeing Denard Span rocking Target Field in that set! I'm assuming he'll be the face of the franchise, as Francisco Liriano hasn't turned out so great.

scotland_fifasig.png

I love the Twins unis, but as long as they don't try to do something radical, I can't see how they can botch something. They have too good a set to COMPLETELY revamp it.

As I've noted in the past, the Target Field seats (at least as they're rendered on the team Web site) will be green, which doesn't match their present color scheme at all. So, I can't help but wonder if they really are planning a more extreme makeover for the club, and just aren't ready to admit to it yet.

CCSLC signature.png

From the comments on this thread the TC on the hats is much loved. I completely disagree! IMO, the TC is the worst hat logo on MLB. I am aware of what it is, but I just feel that this is not even Minor League worthy. I hope this will be dropped when they come out with a new design. Just my opinion.

I love the Twins unis, but as long as they don't try to do something radical, I can't see how they can botch something. They have too good a set to COMPLETELY revamp it.

As I've noted in the past, the Target Field seats (at least as they're rendered on the team Web site) will be green, which doesn't match their present color scheme at all. So, I can't help but wonder if they really are planning a more extreme makeover for the club, and just aren't ready to admit to it yet.

I highly doubt that. In fact, I was just noticing the White Sox have green seats as well.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I highly doubt that. In fact, I was just noticing the White Sox have green seats as well.

It isn't the NFL where seats have to be one of the team's colors.

PNC Park's seats are blue and the Pirates don't have any in their set. The seats are green at Wrigley and there's none of that in the Cubs' uniforms. AT&T Park, Camden Yards and others have green seats but the teams don't wear any green.

So, no, don't read anything into the changes by looking at the seat color.

From the comments on this thread the TC on the hats is much loved. I completely disagree! IMO, the TC is the worst hat logo on MLB. I am aware of what it is, but I just feel that this is not even Minor League worthy. I hope this will be dropped when they come out with a new design. Just my opinion.

I would suggest that you might feel differently about the TC logo if it were better executed. As the Twins actually wear it, it is by any reasonably objective standard one of the very few worst cap logos in the major leagues. But the logo itself isn't the problem; or rather, even a "better" logo that was executed as the current one is, with a red and a white letter with no outline on blue, would be just as great a failure of design. Were the Twins to make any of the many possible slight changes to how they execute the logo on the cap -- add contrasting outlines, make both letters the same color, add breaks in the letters where they cross, etc. -- the TC cap would work just fine.

That said, I'm with you on wanting an improvement. The Twins have had a distinctively shaped "T" on their chest for nearly 50 years now, so it's a crime that the "T" on their cap doesn't match the distinctive shape, and there's no excuse in this day and age for anyone other than Cincy using the wishbone "C". Even the freakin' Indians gave up the wishbone "C" years ago, so it's high time -- well, it's 40 years past high time -- for the Twins to do the same and design their own "C".

Asd to ny3351's concept, it's very good work. In that I don't like it one bit, but it nonetheless strikes me as an excellent uniform design. I'd tweak a few details -- the scripts in particular need a bit of fine-tuning, such as eliminating the amputated stump on the "w" on the home script, improving the negative-space proportions on the "M" on the road script, and making both of the scripts just slightly more vertical to sit on the jersey properly. But other than that, it's really an excellent design that, much as I don't like it at all, would be a great look for the Twins. (I don't mean to damn with faint praise, but rather to emphasize my praise by pointing out how the quality of the design transcends my own subjective reaction to it.)

And, as a bonus, ny3351's concept would be even better if the Twins simply turned everything red to green. Do that, clean up the scripts a tiny bit, and you're looking at the perfect Twins uniform for the new outdoor ballpark. (Even the problematic TC cap would be solved, since navy and green will tend to contrast better than navy and red.)

20082614447.png

Is that really true? News to me.

What's horrific to me personally, is that University of Phoenix Stadium's seats are Cardinal Red and GRAY...

:blink:

Is that really true? News to me.

What's horrific to me personally, is that University of Phoenix Stadium's seats are Cardinal Red and GRAY...

:blink:

What happens in the Meadowlands? Are half the seats green and half blue? Can't think of a color they could use that both the Jets and Giants use.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I am sure I will be in the minority, but I would like them to come up with a new "M" hat and used it full time. I would suggest either taking the 1960 Senators W hat and turning it upside and making it a M or use the old Mpls Millers M hat

If I remember correctly, the old Millers font was very similar to what the Red Sox and Angels currently use. I think that would be a huge mistake. Although tradiitonally that style of font was popular with lots of Baseball teams. It's now synonymous with the Red Sox, although the Angels have pulled it off pretty well. I think the majority of people still feel like the Angels are ripping the Red Sox off. If the Twins went with the old Millers "M" they would take way more heat than it would be worth.

Archived