Twins announce new uniforms coming in 2010

FSUViking

It isn't the NFL where seats have to be one of the team's colors.

Is that really true? News to me.

What's horrific to me personally, is that University of Phoenix Stadium's seats are Cardinal Red and GRAY...

:blink:

I'd wager the Oakland Coliseum doesn't have black or silver seats (not certain though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's horrific to me personally, is that University of Phoenix Stadium's seats are Cardinal Red and GRAY...

I'd wager the Oakland Coliseum doesn't have black or silver seats (not certain though.)

It does not and the Metrodome does not have purple or yellow seats. However, they are both multi-purpose and probably pre-date the rule, if it exists, and are therefore likely grandfathered.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am sure I will be in the minority, but I would like them to come up with a new "M" hat and used it full time. I would suggest either taking the 1960 Senators W hat and turning it upside and making it a M or use the old Mpls Millers M hat

If I remember correctly, the old Millers font was very similar to what the Red Sox and Angels currently use. I think that would be a huge mistake. Although tradiitonally that style of font was popular with lots of Baseball teams. It's now synonymous with the Red Sox, although the Angels have pulled it off pretty well. I think the majority of people still feel like the Angels are ripping the Red Sox off. If the Twins went with the old Millers "M" they would take way more heat than it would be worth.

The millers were associated with the Red Sox for a while, so that may not be a coincidence--and further reason why NOT to use that M, if it is actually dervied from the sox.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am sure I will be in the minority, but I would like them to come up with a new "M" hat and used it full time. I would suggest either taking the 1960 Senators W hat and turning it upside and making it a M or use the old Mpls Millers M hat

If I remember correctly, the old Millers font was very similar to what the Red Sox and Angels currently use. I think that would be a huge mistake. Although tradiitonally that style of font was popular with lots of Baseball teams. It's now synonymous with the Red Sox, although the Angels have pulled it off pretty well. I think the majority of people still feel like the Angels are ripping the Red Sox off. If the Twins went with the old Millers "M" they would take way more heat than it would be worth.

I don't think the Angels and Red Sox fonts are anything alike. Sure, they both have extra serifs, but that's about the extent of it.

The Millers used several (dozens?) of different cap logos during their day - surely the Twins could find one which would work. I'm rather partial to this one (and in the right colors, to boot):

Millers%20Cap%20Combo%20Sep%2018.jpg

I'd recommend that they not use this one, from their days as a New York Giants farm team:

eff-min55c.jpg

I said it in the throwback thread, but I like the Twins' current uniforms. I guess if they are going to change this is the time, but I don't think they should go back to the '80s look.

But if they modernized the current look -- or even messed with the colors -- that might work. And as we've seen before -- you can always go back.

On a side note, I'd hate to see the road pinstripes go. Is it just the Twins and Rockies now? One team would be enough, but who knows how long they'll keep it.

EDIT: That first cap is nice, and I agree that I never viewed the Angels and Red Sox as similar.

It does not and the Metrodome does not have purple or yellow seats. However, they are both multi-purpose and probably pre-date the rule, if it exists, and are therefore likely grandfathered.

I could've sworn that's the rule. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I can't think of any new stadium, except for the new Meadowlands, which doesn't have the seat colors match the team colors.

The Georgia Dome used to have teal seats. I really don't think that rule exists.

I think it's just new stadiums. The idea is that it will be harder to tell when no one is in the seat.

The Georgia Dome used to have teal seats. I really don't think that rule exists.

I think it's just new stadiums. The idea is that it will be harder to tell when no one is in the seat.

Most NFL teams don't have to worry about that. Jacksonville being the exception.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Wow, the place is packed today! Oh, wait, those are just orange seats."

You're right about the NFL's logic behind the idea. However, it's not really fooling anyone.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Goin' way OT here, but I always bring out these examples I put together whenever someone asks what the significance of the pattern is in regards to the UOP Stadium seats:

CardinalsStadium_RoofSeatPattern_01.jpg

CardinalsStadium_RoofSeatPattern_02.jpg

It used to be asked on a daily basis on the Cardinals' message boards when the stadium opened...I'm just being pre-emptive here (!).

Cincinnati's Paul Brown Stadium has green seats:

cincinnati-paul-brown-stadium2.jpg

From the comments on this thread the TC on the hats is much loved. I completely disagree! IMO, the TC is the worst hat logo on MLB. I am aware of what it is, but I just feel that this is not even Minor League worthy. I hope this will be dropped when they come out with a new design. Just my opinion.

And, as a bonus, ny3351's concept would be even better if the Twins simply turned everything red to green. Do that, clean up the scripts a tiny bit, and you're looking at the perfect Twins uniform for the new outdoor ballpark. (Even the problematic TC cap would be solved, since navy and green will tend to contrast better than navy and red.)

You sir win for the idea of the day. I have ZERO issue with this. Green is WAY too underutilized in Baseball. I've seen a Blue/Green TC hat and it looks quite lovely.

It'll never happen, but it'd be ideal.

From the comments on this thread the TC on the hats is much loved. I completely disagree! IMO, the TC is the worst hat logo on MLB. I am aware of what it is, but I just feel that this is not even Minor League worthy. I hope this will be dropped when they come out with a new design. Just my opinion.

And, as a bonus, ny3351's concept would be even better if the Twins simply turned everything red to green. Do that, clean up the scripts a tiny bit, and you're looking at the perfect Twins uniform for the new outdoor ballpark. (Even the problematic TC cap would be solved, since navy and green will tend to contrast better than navy and red.)

You sir win for the idea of the day. I have ZERO issue with this. Green is WAY too underutilized in Baseball. I've seen a Blue/Green TC hat and it looks quite lovely.

It'll never happen, but it'd be ideal.

I did a concept on that about 5 years or so ago.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

(Blue and green Twins uniforms are discussed.)

I did a concept on that about 5 years or so ago.

So did I, but I'm sure yours is better, so do post pics!

Hah, well i wasn't that good back then (or now for that matter). I'll see if I have them still.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I, fwiw, will miss the current Twins look, especially the road. I enjoy the road pinstripes and the shade of grey they use. It has classic baseball feel to me that still works. The homes I like as well, but can take it or leave it. I hope they don't do anything dramatic in changes.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived