Primary Logo

RockiesLogoTP.png

Cap Logo

RockiesLogoSmaller.png

Home Uniform

RockiesPaintConceptFina.png

Away Uniform

RockiesPaintConceptAwayFinal.png

I think the Rockies set looks dated and needs an upgrade. I started by using the old NHL Rockies/CO state flag as a starting point. However since I thought the old NHL Rockies logo seemed a little generic, I decided some things needed to be changed. The first thing I did was change the colors. I think the Earth Tone colors suit the team well. Next I added mountains in the empty spot in the middle of the "C" in order to tie in their current identity a little bit. For the uniforms, I kept things minimalistic. I went with a font that matches the cap logo and went with no name on the back. After all, you play for the name on the front not the back! For the road uniforms I went with a tannish color to spice things up a little.

C&C is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The uber-simplicity of it would be nice for a team with that tradition, but in this context I see it as "we're running on a high school budget here" sort of thing. Maybe try spicing things up with the wordmark/numbers. The green-I love, but the sand color reminds me of San Diego and even AZ. Keep working on it, I like the logo you've drawn up.

I agree with the others. This one is just too bland. The typeface is a snooze, and there's nothing on the uniform to spice it up. I like the colors, though! The tannish road uniform color is nice. There's also another problem: your primary/cap logo is incredibly similar to nyy3551's Rockies design. That one just came out, too. I'm not hinting that you stole the logo (at all), but you might just want to clear that up a little. Controversy over logos is really bad (just ask spammy :)).

scotland_fifasig.png

I agree with the others. Plus I see absolutely no reason to dump the purple. Sure, within a decade of their creation, the Rockies were joined by a bunch of other purple clubs but now they are the ONLY purple team. If anything, I'd emphasize that fact. (Plus the Rockies are the one club that had a reason for the color. "Purple mountains majesty" and all that.)

There's nothing in those colors that would make anyone thing of Rocky Mountains. "Purple mountain majesty's" is a lyric for a reason, because the mountains actually look purple on the right days. I wouldn't ditch the purple just to be different, do it for a reason if you're going to do it, and I see no compelling reason here to do with a deserty sand color instead of purple.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

yeah, this is very raw and could use some more detail. the rockies are a new team, so going minimal for tradition is not really ideal. i'd keep the purple as well. you could dump the black, that would be interesting.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Considering that purple is a color rarely used in the MLB, it has become an identity of the Rockies. It is something they hold unique to themselves and helps to create a racognizeable merchandise base as well. Ditching the purple would be one of the worst moves the Rockies could possibly do.

Also, the jerseys are just plain. There is nothing distinguishing about them. It is just a plain jersey with the script and a number. And to add onto it, the script isn't distinguishing at all either. This is possibly one of the worst directions the Rockies could go in if this was for real. It takes all of the unique features that are few and far between in the MLB and throws them in the trash. The MLB is a league where it is a struggle for teams to distinguish themselves from other teams uniform wise, and this would be heartbreaking for not only Rockies fans, but all baseball fans.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Considering that purple is a color rarely used in the MLB, it has become an identity of the Rockies. It is something they hold unique to themselves and helps to create a racognizeable merchandise base as well. Ditching the purple would be one of the worst moves the Rockies could possibly do.

Also, the jerseys are just plain. There is nothing distinguishing about them. It is just a plain jersey with the script and a number. And to add onto it, the script isn't distinguishing at all either. This is possibly one of the worst directions the Rockies could go in if this was for real. It takes all of the unique features that are few and far between in the MLB and throws them in the trash. The MLB is a league where it is a struggle for teams to distinguish themselves from other teams uniform wise, and this would be heartbreaking for not only Rockies fans, but all baseball fans.

It's just an idea, dude. It's not like I'm married to it. The reason I posted it was to get C&C and potentially change it based on the C&C I receive.

It's just an idea, dude. It's not like I'm married to it. The reason I posted it was to get C&C and potentially change it based on the C&C I receive.

1) I don't think I mentioned anywhere in here that you are attached to it.

2) This IS constructive critisism.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

2) This IS constructive criticism.

Patsox wouldn't know constructive criticism if it raised him as its own child and paid for his college education.

The uniforms are blander than two day old matzoh. I don't have a problem with the colors, but the concept looks like it was done in 30 minutes. Kinda like most of the others.

philly.png

2) This IS constructive critisism.

You acted like the way I handled this concept would mean the end of the world for the state of Colorado though. Just sayin'.

:peace:

The uniforms are extremely plain. No striping at all? And the colors don't say Rockies or Colorado to me. When I think mountains some of the last colors that come to mind r green and gold. There needs to be a blue or a purple or something along those lines.

jNTsTyQ.png

I like the idea of the c from the Colorado flag being used, but by itself, it isnt a primary logo. you need to add some sort of wordmark for both the logos and the jerseys, which by the way, look like a template by itself. If you take away the city and team names on the uniforms, you couldnt tell who it was. It has to have something unique, more than just a word in a generic font.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived