Tijuana Potros

Discrim

just now came across this at (where else) wikipedia...the Tijuana Potros, formerly of the Mexican League, have joined the GBL for this season, and decided to get a new logo. Here's their old logo:

potros.jpg

and here go their new logos:

potrosmain.png

potrostj.png

potroshorses.png

potroscap.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Looks like someone found Letterhead Fonts' website, specifically Boston Truckstyle font:

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/bostontruckstyle.shtml

Awful identity all the way around.

Son of a bi -- er, I mean, why'd you have to post that link? Now how am I going to not blow next week's lunch money on new fonts?

As to the Potros, I love the script as a jersey script. The logo as a logo, and the cap logo, I'd rate C-minus work at best, but that is a terrific jersey script. Especially the "Tijuana" script. I'd buy that jersey.

20082614447.png

potrosmain.pngpotrostj.png

An adaptation of this font / script would work really well for the Texas Rangers. I like the Potros version more than the TJ one though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks like someone found Letterhead Fonts' website, specifically Boston Truckstyle font:

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/bostontruckstyle.shtml

Awful identity all the way around.

Son of a bi -- er, I mean, why'd you have to post that link? Now how am I going to not blow next week's lunch money on new fonts?

As to the Potros, I love the script as a jersey script. The logo as a logo, and the cap logo, I'd rate C-minus work at best, but that is a terrific jersey script. Especially the "Tijuana" script. I'd buy that jersey.

You don't even want to know how much I have spent on fonts at LHF. Before the font pirates started ruining all the fun, the fonts were something like $20 per. Happy spending!

Cards.png

The TJ wordmark looks great...not to sold on the main logo however. Nothing beats my favorite Mexican team though...

los-naranjeros.gif

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Not too set on the entire identity, but the Tijuana script is very nice. Entire thing screams GBL to me...and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived