MLB as Euro Soccer

jch

I have a question for any Dodger fans that might be out there. I have the set for the Dodgers done. Forbes had Best Buy listed as one of their major corporate sponsors. So that's who I used. Are there any other major sponsors that would work better? Let me know. thanks

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next...San Diego Padres.

For the Pads, I decided to go with a brown & yellow 3rd. I like their current color scheme, but I miss the distinctiveness of the brown & yellow. I wish they'd go back to it. There are way too many teams that are navy blue. At least the Padres use a variation of gold along with the navy blue instead of red. So here you go...

HOME

sd_epl_20.jpg

ROAD

sd_epl_21.jpg

3rd

sd_epl_III.png

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I have a question for any Dodger fans that might be out there. I have the set for the Dodgers done. Forbes had Best Buy listed as one of their major corporate sponsors. So that's who I used. Are there any other major sponsors that would work better? Let me know. thanks

I don't know if they are a "major" sponsor, but maybe go with Farmer John. They've been associated with the team seemingly forever via the Dodger Dog.

use a company headquartered in LA.

Fox Sports Net, Guess, Paramount Pictures, Hilton Hotels, Disney, DirecTV, Sony there are a bunch. Disney would probably be perfect for hte Angels, but there are a bunch for the dodgers.

Up next...San Diego Padres.

For the Pads, I decided to go with a brown & yellow 3rd. I like their current color scheme, but I miss the distinctiveness of the brown & yellow. I wish they'd go back to it. There are way too many teams that are navy blue. At least the Padres use a variation of gold along with the navy blue instead of red. So here you go...

HOME

sd_epl_20.jpg

ROAD

sd_epl_21.jpg

3rd

sd_epl_III.png

I really like what you did with your Twins concepts and look forward to future concepts... try using this logo or something similar for the 3rd Padres' uniform b/c their current logo doesn't really go with the old color scheme

Fix that Toyota logo and maybe we'll have something to talk about.

Wow it really got messed up when I saved it. I redid it. How's this....

HOME

sd_epl_20-1.png

ROAD

sd_epl_21-1.png

3rd

sd_epl_III-1.png

I don't know if they are a "major" sponsor, but maybe go with Farmer John. They've been associated with the team seemingly forever via the Dodger Dog.

What about Hyundai? I know their North American HQ are in Fountain Valley, CA and they have signage up at Dodger Stadium.

What about Hyundai? I know their North American HQ are in Fountain Valley, CA and they have signage up at Dodger Stadium.

Hyundai would be ok I suppose. But I would also try Union 76 (formerly Unocal 76) as they've been a major sponsor since I can remember. Also, its the only gas station (that I am aware of at least) on the premesis of any pro ballpark and their logo adorns the jumbotron in left field.

Hyundai would be ok I suppose. But I would also try Union 76 (formerly Unocal 76) as they've been a major sponsor since I can remember. Also, its the only gas station (that I am aware of at least) on the premesis of any pro ballpark and their logo adorns the jumbotron in left field.

Yeah I saw that. Personally I think the 76 logo would look really good on the uniforms. I'll mock on up with it. The only problem I see with that is that Unio 76 is now a part of Conoco Phillips which is based out of Houston - even though Unocal was California-based, it's not anymore.

Time for another one...

Baltimore Orioles

With the Orioles, I decided to use Baltimore-based Under Armour as the sponsor (even though they have a deal with the Cubs). Also, I figured that if Under Armour was involved, they'd want to supply the uniforms as well. since UA does the kits for Hannover of the German Budesliga, I used their template as the basis for the Orioles. So, yes, the road uniform is pretty much a direct copy -recolored and reconfigured for this project. The home and 3rd kits are based on the same template but modified. As for the 3rd kit...well, I affectionately call it the "Maryland Pride kit". I had to use the Maryland flag in some capacity and I thought the 3rd kit was the perfect vehicle for that. It's a bit garish, but I think it works. Here goes...

HOME

bal_epl_5.png

ROAD

bal_epl_IV.png

3rd

bal_epl_change.png

Great job so far!

Can't wait to see the Brewers ones! (Their sponsor would be a no-brainer)

Thank you. Here are your Brewers. (yes, the sponsor was a no-brainer...but I did give a thought to using Harley Davidson just because!)

Milwaukee Brewers

For the 3rd kit, I went back to the old pinstripe, ball-in-glove days.

HOME

mil_epl_I.png

ROAD

mil_epl_II.gif

3rd

mil_epl_20-1.png

I can't believe that I just noticed this, but you have used the same number on every single jersey so far. How about mixing it up a little?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I can't believe that I just noticed this, but you have used the same number on every single jersey so far. How about mixing it up a little?

I was wondering if anyone was going to point that out. I did that for a reason - and it's a stupid reason. That's my number. I wore it throughout the bulk of my athletic career and I wear it now. So my apologies for the redundancy of it, but there is at least a reason behind it.

Archived