CAB's NFL Series

CAB

Well, I was having a lot of trouble with the uniforms, I wasn't sure what to go with. I tried about 10 different looks and nothing looked right. I am definitely gonna go back and rethink the unis.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***CHARGERS UPDATE***

I went back and tried out come other designs for a lighting bolt and this is what I came up with. This time it continues onto the pants. I also changed to numbers according the RaiseTheBanner's suggestions. Hopefully this turns out a little better.

SDjerseys-1.png

C&C please.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's a step in the right direction, but it's not there yet. The lightning awkwardly straightens out in the middle of the design. Maybe adjust it a little and see how it looks?

P.S. The numbers look a lot better. :D

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Sorry to be a newb, but what is a TV number?

It is pretty much a shoulder number, that can be easily seen by spectators and commentators. Oh, and I can't believe that I forgot to include them, I'll have an update soon.

Also, I tried to make the lighting bolt in the middle of the design, and it was just too much. I mean, it was just sorta like a lightning bolt overload. I think I'm gonna take out that middle part, because now that I look at it, it really doesn't seem necessary.

***CHARGERS V.3***

I got rid of the straight line in between the two bolts because I feel that it is unnecessary. I added the TV numbers as well. I am currently working on the 49ers logos.

SDjerseys-2.png

C&C please.

There are still a few presentational flaws I think I could point out. The nameplates could use some actual team specific font types rather than just text boxing across. Download some fonts, I could help with that or others could, and use wordart to make them look team authentic. I mean did you not do that with your numbers? Just do the same thing with names. Also make sure to fill in the collar area...its not a blank space...but the back of the jersey. Do that inside the sleeve cuffs too. And it wouldnt hurt to remove the sock lines. I try to look through presentation and focus on design itself...but I feel these could use more time and effort.

As far as the design, it has improved but I still do not know about it. The jersey actually doesnt look bad from the front. I think if you had the bolt run in the middle of the pants and stop instead of hitting the pants/jersey line, it would look better. Maybe go with dark blue socks on the alternate...and why white socks on the road? This still has potential, but it isnt quite there yet in my book.

There are still a few presentational flaws I think I could point out. The nameplates could use some actual team specific font types rather than just text boxing across. Download some fonts, I could help with that or others could, and use wordart to make them look team authentic. I mean did you not do that with your numbers? Just do the same thing with names. Also make sure to fill in the collar area...its not a blank space...but the back of the jersey. Do that inside the sleeve cuffs too. And it wouldnt hurt to remove the sock lines. I try to look through presentation and focus on design itself...but I feel these could use more time and effort.

As far as the design, it has improved but I still do not know about it. The jersey actually doesnt look bad from the front. I think if you had the bolt run in the middle of the pants and stop instead of hitting the pants/jersey line, it would look better. Maybe go with dark blue socks on the alternate...and why white socks on the road? This still has potential, but it isnt quite there yet in my book.

I really hate making up excuses, but I'll try to explain. I swear I am telling the truth.

A few weeks ago I downloaded eriqjaffe's MLB fonts so I could use the on some baseball concepts, which worked out fine. Then when I decided to start this project, I went to download the NFL fonts. When I clicked on the "football" link, by computer blocked it and said that it was not safe and could cause very harmful damage to my computer. I've tried to download it several times in the past week, but it is blocked every single time and I can't figure out how to get it, so for now, I am just using a generic font. For the numbers, I normally go through and find pics of the teams jerseys from Chris's site or somewhere else and make them paint-compatible.

***CHARGERS V.4***

Alright, thanks for the help Brave-Bird. I added the NFL logo to the collar along with the Chargers. The alternate socks are now navy and road socks are powder blue.

SDjerseys-3.png

C&C please.

Good effort, but it looks like you are trying too hard to make a cool side panel design. First let me say that the yellow looks out of place on the jerseys and pants. But really, I don't think the panels work well. The bolt looks forced. Try something simpler.

One other thing, I don't like the light blue pants on the roads combined with the light blue socks, it looks like you are getting that leotard look all the way down to the shoes. White socks would improve the look greatly.

Hmmm... I suck at describing things. If you readded the side panels b/c of my input thats my bad, b/c I meant to have the bolt sit in the middle of the pants (like it does on their real threads) instead of hitting the jersey line. If you took the side panel off it would look cool. Also, I like the wordmark and nfl logo additions...it makes it look more complete.

Few things:

Maybe continue to fiddle with combinations. I dont know if I like the light blue pants. Socks give it that men in tights look. Also, the white belt looks awkward...but I from experience could easily blame that on the template...it really isnt the best detailed contraption to work with.

Hmmm... I suck at describing things. If you readded the side panels b/c of my input thats my bad, b/c I meant to have the bolt sit in the middle of the pants (like it does on their real threads) instead of hitting the jersey line. If you took the side panel off it would look cool. Also, I like the wordmark and nfl logo additions...it makes it look more complete.

Few things:

Maybe continue to fiddle with combinations. I dont know if I like the light blue pants. Socks give it that men in tights look. Also, the white belt looks awkward...but I from experience could easily blame that on the template...it really isnt the best detailed contraption to work with.

I guess I misunderstood you. Now that I think about it, it would probably look much better to be in the middle of the pants like their current unis. I'll try that out and see how it looks.

Thanks for the input guys.

***CHARGERS V.5***

Wow. Five tries at this. This time, I hope that it turns out right, I think this one is the best so far. I did as Brave-Bird said and centered the lighting bolt on the pants.

SDjerseys-4.png

C&C please.

***CHARGERS V.5***

Wow. Five tries at this. This time, I hope that it turns out right, I think this one is the best so far. I did as Brave-Bird said and centered the lighting bolt on the pants.

SDjerseys-4.png

C&C please.

I'd prefer a white mask and numbers underneath the bolt on the helmet, but that's probably just me, :rolleyes: ... also the NFL makes the teams wear the half & half socks, so supposedly they aren't allowed to wear a solid color

#3- SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

I'm back with some new stuff finally. With the 49ers I wanted to do a complete rebrand for them. I had to sketch a bunch of new logos before I decided on one. The primary is one I drew up at about 1:30 AM. I kept drawing interlocking SF logos until I thought to include a pic axe in there as well. The secondary is pretty much like their current logo, just with different letters. The tertiary is crossing pic axes as well because I wanted the 49ers to at least have something to do with the gold rush. The wordmark is all new also. Here is the brand new (and improved I hope) San Francisco 49ers-

SFlogosheet.png

I wanted to update the jerseys a little, although some people prefer the "classic" look of the 9ers, I decided to go in a different direction. The helmet features to new SF logo.

SFjerseys.png

C&C please.

I am currently working on a Washington team. Notice that I didn't say Redskins. ;)

Archived