CAB's NFL Series

CAB

#6- PITTSBURGH STEELERS

The Steelers have a nice and iconic logo now, but the only thing that bothers me about it is how it hardly has any of their actual colors (red, blue, silver). I changed that by making the outline black and the diamonds gold, and added the wordmark. The secondary logo is an S inside the diamond. The tertiary was based of the Pittsburgh coat of arms which was also a logo used in the 30's. The wordmark is the same except I added an outline.

PITlogosheet.png

Their current unis are good, but I think they can be approved. This look was inspired by the alternate that they introduced last year. I like the look of the solid black and gold, so that was pretty much the theme for this jersey. The pants stripe stays the same as well. I also brought back the block numbers because I'm not a huge fan of the current font. Also included is a *gasp* gold alternate. I don't think it would look too bad on the field. The helmet stays the same except for the updated logo. Here's Pittsburgh's jerseys, enjoy, and C&C please.

PITjerseys.png

I'm clueless as for the next team. Any suggestions?

those are nice but maybe try some white pants and incorporate some white into the jersey

do the browns next

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, this is my favorite so far.

The striping is good, and the yellow pants are spot-on, but the yellow jersey is a little much.

So is the yellow outline around the logo on the helmet, keep it black, and add another white outline.

And, although I see what you were trying to do with the diamond logo, it looks a little high-school ish, which is never good, I know probably 10 high schools in georgia just use a letter with a similar diamond around it for their primary logo (including my school), so I might try to do another logo with diamonds, or just drop it.

your work is getting better and better with each new team you do. Skins, Bengals, and Steelers are excellent. I agree with Elliot, I don't think the yellow jersey is needed, but this is your concept thread you should do what you think looks good for each team

Sorry to return to the Bengals, but how about for the helmet, take option A (the bengal head), put it on a black helmet with an orange facemask??

Next team: Packers. I've never seen a Packers redesign and I'm sure there's not much you can do, but let's see what you have in mind...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Good job on the Steelers set. I like the update to the main logo (I did something similar once). The wordmark looks good. Also, I like the two new logos you made. The jerseys look great. I like that throwback they wear, so the new home jersey you made looks good. The yellow jersey may be a bit much, but I like it. The helmet looks good too. I prefer the yellow throwback, but this looks great. Nice job!

BTW, looking forward to the Vikings ;)

*STEELERS UPDATE*

Alright, I made a new secondary logo, now with the S to the left of three diamonds as in the primary. That is really the only change to the logo sheet.

PITlogosheet-1.png

I ditched the yellow alternate for a black monochrome look. I really think the Steelers could pull it off better than most teams. I took Elliott's idea and made the helmet logo black with a white outline. Hopefully, there's nothing more to change.

PITjerseys-1.png

C&C please. Vikings next, I think I have some ideas for them.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I really like the Steelers concept. It's honestly something I could see them wearing, as in my opinion it is an improvement over their current uniforms that haven't really improved on their predecessor (especially the stupid looking italicized numbers and yellow names on the away jerseys). I'd say you did a great job improving an already decent-looking team.

I have decided to do the Vikings next, and I started on a primary logo. I like the one they have know, but I just tweaked it a little. I'm not yet finished with the entire concept, my internet hasn't been working very well, so that's why I haven't posted anything. I just wanted to put this up before it goes out again. Here is a sneak peek of the new logo compared to the old-

MINbeforeafter.png

C&C please.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let people know that I have not stopped this, I have been working on the Vikings concept for a couple weeks. I am developing a brand new primary logo, almost a complete rebrand. Stay tuned.

Also, any comments on the logo posted above?

I like a lot of the ideas for the logos, at least, those you have changed. Not keen on the "SD" logo for San Diego, or the Colt's horse, but oh well. And I think you have something started with the Steelers, but here's where I would go......

1. drop the needless circle

2. keep the hypoclycoids in their red, blue, and gold

3. drop the "S" next to the hypoclycoids

4. enlarge the hypoclycoids so they become the main focus of the helmet logo, and let them stand on their own: 3 shining "stars" in all their glory

No comments on the unis.....didn't look at them.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 4 months later...

Archived