Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers- LOGOS | JERSEYS

--------------------------------------------------START OF ORIGINAL POST--------------------------------------------------

Well, the MLB re-designs seem to have died down lately after there were so many flooding the boards. I wanted to let people see something new instead of the same old stuff. I'm glad that there are so many other non-MLB threads out there now like vicfurth's and Brave-Bird's and raysox's. I wanted to finally start a re-design project of a major sport. I chose the NFL because I wanted to improve my logo-creating skills and I am more familiar with football unis than anything else. Before I get started, a few ground rules.

-every team will have at least one new logo. I will include a primary, alternate and tertiary logos along with a script. Some classic teams (Green Bay, Dallas, etc.) will not get new primary logos.

-every team will have a different uniform then what they currently wear. Once again some classic teams will just have slight tweaks. I am a fan of somewhat modern uniforms, so expect to see that in this series.

-I will try to make as many logos as I can from scratch

-I promise to take my time on every concept and take C&C to make everything as good as it can be.

#1- INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

This may seem like an easy concept to make, which it was; but this is just what I think that Indy should do. It sorta seemed like a good idea to use the horseshoe, just in a different way. What I did was simply flip it to make a C. The alternate logo is the current one, because I love it too much to get rid of it. I don't know if it will be on the helmet yet, I haven't made a decision. The tertiary is a logo I made myself. To me, it juts seems obvious that a team named the Colts should have an actual colt for a logo. I really like how it turned out. Jerseys are coming soon. Enjoy and C&C please. Here is the logo sheet-

INDlogosheet.png

Tell me what ya think.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I feel like you have broken your ground rules already. This really isn't a new primary logo. All you did was turn the primary on its side and add 4 already existing letters. If you want to bring in a new primary logo, then do it. This doesn't really bring much to the table.

Does it look good? Yes, I think. But, I'm just saying, it's just not that groundbreaking.

Regarding the tertiary

1) don't give yourself C+C, I mean everyone does it to some extent but this totally backfired on you, because

2) it really doesn't look good, sorry, the dimensions on the horse look wrong, and it looks more like a dog begging for food.

Honestly I feel like you have broken your ground rules already. This really isn't a new primary logo. All you did was turn the primary on its side and add 4 already existing letters. If you want to bring in a new primary logo, then do it. This doesn't really bring much to the table.

Does it look good? Yes, I think. But, I'm just saying, it's just not that groundbreaking.

Regarding the tertiary

1) don't give yourself C+C, I mean everyone does it to some extent but this totally backfired on you, because

2) it really doesn't look good, sorry, the dimensions on the horse look wrong, and it looks more like a dog begging for food.

My ground rules state that I will give each team at least one new logo, for this, that was the horse. I think the main reason that it looks that way is, well, that is how colts are. I'm not making up an excuse, just saying that a colt isn't exactly the most menacing animal out there. An update is on the way, this time with a colt head instead of the full body and the jerseys I'll have up tomorrow morning, or possibly late tonight.

Thanks for the comments so far, I would like to see some more.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Ok, I misunderstood, I thought you were giving each team a new primary. Still, even if colts aren't menacing, they don't really get in that position, and I think it would look better if it were sleeker and less static. Not necessarily intimidating though.

Even if the logo is new, it's really really weak. It reminds me of most of the entries in the "Create-A-Logo" contest the Colts held a while back...as in it looks like a 2nd grader drew it.

Like the primary, it's not a watershed idea i'm pretty sure others have looked at it and thought of trying it too. Infact i've seen it done but less successfully than you did so good job there.

Yeah I have to agree with everyone else the tertiary needs a lot of work. If the head were a little longer the proportions may be ok, i mean a Colt is a young horse so it's going to be a more rangy and leggy than mature horse, so the proportions while not perfect are not what let it down. My biggest issues with it are:

1, The poor creature appears to only have three legs, two back but only one front!

2, The line weight on the outline is so thin as to be almost useless, it wont hold up to reduction and even when enlarged will look out of place next to the large bold areas of solid blue shading. So i'd look at thickening that up.

3, The highlights defy physics. The legs seem to have highlights on the tops and the bottoms, which is really confusing for the viewer and looks amateurish.

4, The fin like mane. That needs to be a more free flowing shape.

It's not unsavable, it just needs work. I think you are right in that an actual colt logo is something worth exploring but more research and time are required on this one to make it success, but do try to improve it as like i said i think it's an interesting and worthwhile idea for a concept.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I have an updated tertiary logo. This time it is a colt head. I ditched the silver which I had on the previous logo and replace it with black and the outline is thicker also. The new logo is meant look more... mature I guess. Here is the updated logo sheet-

INDlogosheet-1.png

The Colts have one of my favorite jerseys in the NFL, so it was tough to think of some way to improve that. I decided to go with a "modern" version the striping they currently have. I have included a monochrome alternate jersey as well. I was still stuck on what to use for the helmet logo, but I decide to use the new primary. What do you guys think would look best? C&C please.

INDjerseys.png

I'm undecided for the next team. The Chargers or the 49ers would be at the top of my list so stay tuned.

I have an updated tertiary logo. This time it is a colt head. I ditched the silver which I had on the previous logo and replace it with black and the outline is thicker also. The new logo is meant look more... mature I guess. Here is the updated logo sheet-

INDlogosheet-1.png

The Colts have one of my favorite jerseys in the NFL, so it was tough to think of some way to improve that. I decided to go with a "modern" version the striping they currently have. I have included a monochrome alternate jersey as well. I was still stuck on what to use for the helmet logo, but I decide to use the new primary. What do you guys think would look best? C&C please.

INDjerseys.png

I'm undecided for the next team. The Chargers or the 49ers would be at the top of my list so stay tuned.

I have seen that version of Colt logo (turned horseshoe) on a number of other locations. Do like it though. Also, some friendly criticism. The single stripe running from the shoulders to the legs should be a dual strip as a continuation of the shoulder and matching up with the lower stripes. Just my opinion but I think it would look more finished.

A small bump. I would like to see some more comments on the Colts package. If I don't get anything then I'll assume it is perfect how it is, so I need some feedback. I have finished the Chargers logo sheet, but am still stuck on uniforms. If I can get my scanner to work then the 49ers will come after San Diego.

The logo package looks pretty good, but the uniforms are horrible IMO. The single stripe running down the side looks very out of place, and doesn't complement the pants striping. I would keep the helmet the same just because of the fact that it is an iconic and effective helmet. Also, I wouldn't go with a monochrome blue alternate for the Colts, it just isn't their style.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Much better on the tertiary logo, although i'll be honest i dont think you need to introduce the black especially as it's not used anywhere else in the logos or uni's. This is kinda hard to describe, it would prob be easier to rough it up and post it but i believe that's frowned upon so bear with my dyslexic ramblings and if it's not clear then i'm sorry but feel free to ask me to explain it better...

here goes:

If you take the black outline round the whole thing and make it blue, then take the black line down the left side of the head and make it a white cut through line, i'd stop it just short of the top of the head so the mane doesn't look like it's come off, you'd have a really strong monochrome logo. You'll need to change the eye and the way the jawline is separated from the neck obviously but that should be pretty easy to do. I'd lose the thin black line between the ears and perhaps look at adding a forelock (although this might make it a bit cluttered). But this logo is far stronger than your previous one and is almost there! A few tweaks and changes and you could be on a winner with this one!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks for the suggestions 9erssteve, it really helped. I have the updated tertiary, and hopefully this is the final update. The horse is now white (which makes more sense I guess) with a blue mane.

INDlogosheet-2.png

I changed the jerseys up a little (although I didn't get as many comments as I would have liked). Now the stripes curve around to the collar to make a sort of shoulder yoke. I thought about continuing the stripes straight through the collar, but it just didn't look good. I took BJ's suggestion to use the horseshoe logo as well. Here are the updated jerseys.

INDjerseys-1.png

C&C please.

I'll have the Chargers logo sheet up in a little while.

#2- SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

I really wanted to emphasize powder blue more than they do now. The color is very unique to the NFL and I like how it looks on the field. The logo it a somewhat updated version of the logo from the 70's. I kept the lighting bolt for a secondary and a new tertiary is an interlocking S and D. I used their current wordmark, but this one took me about 3 hours to recolor (it was all fuzzy and pixelated on Chris's site). So here is the new Charger logo sheet-

SDlogosheet.png

I had a tough time deciding what to do with the jerseys. I like what they wear now, so I went in that direction with lighting bolts on the shoulders. The SD logo is on the sleeves and I didn't want to overdo the lightning bolt so I left it off the pants. The helmet stays the same, just a powder blue facemask. C&C please.

SDjerseys.png

Expect to see the 9ers up after this, possibly a complete rebrand.

Colts:

- The two stripes coming across the front doesn't work.

- The alternate looks terrible, especially for the Colts.

- The lines of the colt logo aren't smooth, making it look extra cartoony.

- I like the helmet, definately an upgrade.

- Add some of that silver to the uniforms, it's listed as a color, but not used anywhere on them?

Chargers:

- Primary is okay, I would change the lightning bolt to yellow.

- The "SD" logo is a pretty good idea, but it looks way to forced.

- Home uniform: white numbers please!

- Away uniform: add navy, powder blue pants look pretty bad.

- Alternate uniform: white numbers would look better, IMO. Again, the pants color is bad.

- Yellow socks should go.

- No stripes on the pants? Looks incomplete to me.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Archived