CAB's NFL Series

CAB

This is definitely your best yet, I would say. The Pickaxe idea is great and has a lot of potential, it's not that legible at the moment, maybe you could make the S and F different colors to define them better. The update of their current logo works surprisingly well. I am not a fan of the tertiary, because it looks like clipart, or the jerseys because that chest design is modern for the sake of being modern, it seems. Maybe if you integrated the chest design into, I don't know, a pickaxe motif it would make more sense.

Anyways good start.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know about the 49ers set. Why not use the SF logo as the primary at least? And keep a gold helmet. I just think you can go in a different direction with the 49ers without making them look like a completely different franchise. I think the primary you made/chose is kind of strange.

Overall though it is basly to go wayyyy out of the box. Interested to see what you do for Washington b/c last time I saw someone change their name it wasnt a very good change.

I've got my radar on this series! Interesting stuff so far

#3- SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

I'm back with some new stuff finally. With the 49ers I wanted to do a complete rebrand for them. I had to sketch a bunch of new logos before I decided on one. The primary is one I drew up at about 1:30 AM. I kept drawing interlocking SF logos until I thought to include a pic axe in there as well. The secondary is pretty much like their current logo, just with different letters. The tertiary is crossing pic axes as well because I wanted the 49ers to at least have something to do with the gold rush. The wordmark is all new also. Here is the brand new (and improved I hope) San Francisco 49ers-

SFlogosheet.png

I wanted to update the jerseys a little, although some people prefer the "classic" look of the 9ers, I decided to go in a different direction. The helmet features to new SF logo.

SFjerseys.png

C&C please.

I am currently working on a Washington team. Notice that I didn't say Redskins. ;)

Okay i can see what you were trying to achieve with the primary but i cant help feeling it's a little contrived. I'm not pick axe expert but i've never seen one with an extra bit like that stuck on the top. It's forced and doesn't feel strong enough to stand up as a logo on it's own.

The secondary while stronger than the primary lacks contrast in colours and has to very thin vertical letters floating in a space originally designed to house far wider characters. But my biggest issue with it it the lack of a strong contrasting colour, if viewed from a distance (ie stadium) this would be very hard to make out.

Tertiary, as mentioned by someone else just reeks of clip art. There's not stylisation no variation in line weight, why not use the picks from the primary instead of adding another different looking set to the collection? Brands rely on recognition, if you wanna use pick (and it's as good an idea as any considering the nature of the team name) then create your own really individual one and use it more than one way perhaps but only use one style that way people will recognise it and associate it with that team and that team only.

Wordmark, It's okay, i dont love it and i dont hate it either. I'm not a big fan of he 49ers current one (yeah i know it was done by a fellow member but i have issues with it typographically) and i'm currently working up a concept for that myself. I like the fact you've matched the font to the SF in the helmet, that will help build the recognition i talked about with the pick axes.

The uni's not the worst 9ers concepts i've seen, not sure about the red pants on the alts. I actually quite like the away jerseys, i think they are the most successful out the group. Watch you shoulder numbers though the tops should always be up at the collar on the shirt.

I like the direction you've gone with this, the more literal representation of what a 49er was, but you need to focus the ideas down and really make them yours, give the items and style and use that style throughout to create a unified look.

Sorry to ramble on but hey, after i wrote screeds for your Colts one you probably saw this coming when you got to my team! haha

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

***49ERS UPDATE***

I took some suggestions and made the S and F more distinctive in the primary. I used a darker shade of gold which creates a shadowing effect while separating the S and F. The tertiary is the pic axe from the primary. I changed the unis slightly by making the helmet gold and using white pants on the alternate. C&C please.

SFlogosheet-1.png

SFjerseys-1.png

I am officially ditching the Redskins and coming up with a brand new identity. I'm having trouble making a decision on the name. Here are the choices I have considered so far.

Generals- I already have a rough logo drawn up

Admirals- probably would be using a nautical theme (boat, anchor, etc)

Flyers/Fighters- a plane-like theme, Bombers could work also

Tell me which you would prefer; I am open to new suggestions as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm sorry, but that primary logo doesn't work. I can see the effort but it looks messy and hand drawn, especially the S. Maybe if it was cleaned up this could look good, but right now it just isn't professional. The widths of the letters are different, and it's hard to tell it is a pickax. Still, good idea.

I don't know why you would change the Redskins name. Maybe a newer team but the Redskins have way too much tradition. I wouldn't mind it if you messed with the logos but a new name? Meh.

Oh it is an S and an F!!!!!!! Here I am with a 154 visual IQ and I couldnt figure that out after all this time... :wacko:

That is a very very clever idea. The S, as elliot said, looks a little off. Are you using paint? or illustrator/inkscape? B/c if that S could just get aligned...and maybe you could make that logo a little more "square" and bolder, it would look very very cool. Could work as a secondary, but then you have two logos with an SF design to them...

So you would have to choose one or the other. The fact that you have two S and F logos is a bit too much. The uniforms still arent doing it for me though.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll try to see what I can do with the logo. Maybe I'll make the S more squared off. Brave-Bird, I use Paint, but I hope to eventually get a new program. I probably won't have enough time to make an update, I'm gonna be leaving soon to Minnesota for a Twins/Sox game, so I won't have internet access for a couple of days.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll try to see what I can do with the logo. Maybe I'll make the S more squared off. Brave-Bird, I use Paint, but I hope to eventually get a new program. I probably won't have enough time to make an update, I'm gonna be leaving soon to Minnesota for a Twins/Sox game, so I won't have internet access for a couple of days.

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the update, it looks better, but I agree with what others have said. If you make the S a little smoother, this will look great.

Enjoy the game!

Considering you use paint, I am very impressed!! The concept doesnt look good to me, but the quality of work is darn good considering you are painting. You should download inkscape. It is free...and I learned how to use it in a day. Kind of complicated, but fun once you get the hang of it. Just a reccomendation, because I think that paint template (same I used to use) can actually hinder uniform design presentation.

I know it's not really that similar, but when I see that logo, I think of Florida State's logos.

The CAB logo that he has reminds me of this:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=gfe...odqgj4w5gcebx1e

BTW, what's the font you used for the secondary/script/numbers?

I know it's not really that similar, but when I see that logo, I think of Florida State's logos.

The CAB logo that he has reminds me of this:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=gfe...odqgj4w5gcebx1e

BTW, what's the font you used for the secondary/script/numbers?

The font I used is Woodblock. I am working on an update after my brief absence, so I might have that up later on today.

***49ERS UPDATE***

I took some suggestions and made the S and F more distinctive in the primary. I used a darker shade of gold which creates a shadowing effect while separating the S and F. The tertiary is the pic axe from the primary. I changed the unis slightly by making the helmet gold and using white pants on the alternate. C&C please.

SFlogosheet-1.png

SFjerseys-1.png

I am officially ditching the Redskins and coming up with a brand new identity. I'm having trouble making a decision on the name. Here are the choices I have considered so far.

Generals- I already have a rough logo drawn up

Admirals- probably would be using a nautical theme (boat, anchor, etc)

Flyers/Fighters- a plane-like theme, Bombers could work also

Tell me which you would prefer; I am open to new suggestions as well.

Much improved tertiary logo, it looks more like a logo now and no longer looks like a piece of clip art. Although I would think about perhaps angling it to imply movement and to stop people trying to interpret it as the letter T which could happen as it stands. Could be a visual thing but it looks like the burgandy in the Secondary and the Wordmark are different, you may want to address that, two golds and two burgandys is probably too much.

Love the fact you've reverted the helmets to gold, but I'm sorry I still feel like the primary logo is far to forced. If double headed pick axes, or pick axes with extra hooks on them existed then it would be a fantastic idea but as it stands right now your trying to force two ideas together, interlocking letters and a more pictorial representation of what a 49ers was or did, and imo the two ideas are to far apart for there to be a common ground for it to succeed visually. If you could get the pick axe shapes to create the letters you wnat by using more than two then it might work but if you need to add non existent parts to something to make an idea succeed then perhaps the idea wasn't meant to succeed. Not all of them do sadly.

Good progress being made again, but if it was me I'd probably look at a new primary.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I agree with Elliot that the primary just doesn't work, mostly because the top half of the "S" just sticks out too much and doesn't look like it belongs there.

But, I think if you combined the secondary and the tertiary (either the crossed pick axes or just one axe going threw a letter) you could form a really good primary logo.... like the two axes behind the "SF" inside the oval. Yeah, it's not exactly reinventing the wheel type stuff, but I don't recall seeing something like that done with the 49ers either. ;)

49ERS V.3

I've been pretty busy lately, but I got around to fixing up this concept. I straightened out the S on the pic-axe logo, so now it doesn't appear so sloppy and hand drawn. I moved the oval SF logo to the primary, because like you guys said, the other is just not strong enough to be a primary logo. I put the oval logo on the helmet as well. So, here is the update-

SFlogosheet-2.png

SFjerseys-2.png

C&C please.

I'm having a tough time deciding what to do for Washington. I'm leaning towards just updating their current logos instead of creating a whole new team. What do you guys think I should do?

Also, I'm thinking about downloading Inkscape, but I'm not sure. It might be a while until the next concept.

For the 49ers logo why not have the traditional "SF" as it's always been minus the red & black oval and have the pick axe ans gold star burst from the old Sacramento Gold Miners. Make the axe handle red and the head of the axe gold with red outline. That way yo keep the axe like you want, but you still have readable letters and not a total deviation from the original theme.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

For all the people saying that it is similar to Florida State, it wouldn't really matter anyway considering they play on two different levels, and the only thing that looks similar is the SF logo; but even that is a stretch. Anyway, it doesn't really bother me too much if they are somewhat the same.

Also, I am almost getting started on the Redskins, so I will have that up this week.

honestly i think the jersey are better then what they got now and i like what you did with the

gold jersey you gave it white pants i can see them wearing gold on gold which i would suck imo

keep up the good work sry if i offended you that they look like fsu steelers and iowa have very similar

uniforms as well so i agree about them being on different levels it shouldnt matter

260bdzt.jpg

Hopefully i can add another banner this year

Go Wings!!! Go 49ers!!! Go Cavs!!! Go Tigers!!! Go Blue!!!

honestly i think the jersey are better then what they got now and i like what you did with the

gold jersey you gave it white pants i can see them wearing gold on gold which i would suck imo

keep up the good work sry if i offended you that they look like fsu steelers and iowa have very similar

uniforms as well so i agree about them being on different levels it shouldnt matter

So much information in one jumbled mess of a sentence fragment, looks like there's no punctuation or capital letters in sight.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived