NHL Alternate History, Part I

MattMilone

This may be an odd, perhaps not-very-well-planned-spur-of-the-moment idea, but it is heavily based on an idea Bucco presented for the NFL some time ago. Firstly, thanks to Speedy for this kickass template . . . not sure if I'll continue to use it, but its pretty and this occurred while I was testing his brilliance out.

So essentially this is the first dot on our new timeline: it's 1968, and the first NHL expansion has begun, but instead of being dubbed the North Stars, the Minnesota team is nicknamed the Wild. C&C is always great, even if this concept is odd and perhaps meaningless :P .

Wild_1968.png

The next change came only two years later, during a time where white yokes on home jerseys became cool. With this came an updated logo, a new crest featuring the team's name a former logo. Also note, the 1970 season began the long trend of wearing white uniforms at home.

Wild_1970.png

C&C?

You've done a very good job of creating an expansion-era jersey and logo, but it really feels like it's just an original North Stars jersey, but with a W logo instead of an N. If that's your intention, then it's fine. But I'd say go a different direction with the look and colors if this is going to be an alternate history fantasy project.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

A SWEET design for my favorite hockey team!

Looking forward to seeing what the expansion teams would have been in the Bay Area, Atlanta, and Denver if their original teams had been called the Sharks, Thrashers, and Avalanche, respectively. Maybe the Winnipeg Jets might have become the Phoenix Roadrunners even? (Both were WHA team names)

bYhYmxh.png

I've seen people do this before in other sports, and I love it. Both designs are good and fit with the time, I like where this is going so far.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This is very well done, I only have a couple of nitpicks. I would have liked to see the same white with gold trim logo on both the home and road originals, I think you could pull it off. The other thing is that it's very hard to imagine a team being called the Wild 40 years ago, the singular name thing would've been almost unheard of back then.

Archived