Chicago Wolves Hockey

rtrich11

The Wolves came out in the mid 90s with a logo that is impactful, but really a bit scary looking. I wanted to try a different approach to the whole thing.

Only thing is I couldn’t decide which approach I liked better. I started with the howling wolf, but then created the scowling one to show something a bit tougher. I didn't design the wolf to be scary, but I do have something in the works that looks pretty mean. May post it later if it pans out.

One of the Wolves' current main colors is yellow, which is just one reason why there is a moon built into the scheme. To really bring it out in a way that made sense.

Any input is welcomed.

%7Boption%7D

It's a decent logo, I guess, but the Wolves already have one of the better identities in minor league sports, if not the best of all. Appropriate, since they had to masquerade as a major league team during the Dark Period. But yeah, I wouldn't tamper with the Wolves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a decent logo, I guess, but the Wolves already have one of the better identities in minor league sports, if not the best of all.

Come on now, you can't really believe that. A giant puck and a tiny stick with a creature on top of it that doesn't resemble a wolf. I think what trich has done here is excellent and it is better than what they currently have.

The only thing about your logos that I don't like,Tom, are the banners that the wordmarks are on. They seem like something that should be used for championship series or all star game logos. What if you put a thick black border around the words? Besides that, both logos are awesome. Of the two, I prefer the second one.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

They are nice, but I don't think of them as a primary logo, maybe for a shoulder logo. Lose the banner with the wordmark, have the crescent moon represent the letter "C". I do like the first one but it might be a bit too calm looking, I would like to see the wolf have a little more of an aggressive feel to it. Maybe rough the fur up a little bit so it looks as if it has won a fight and announcing it's triumph.

Just as JayLo1112, I want to see a wolf head from the front also something to scare the crap out of the guy facing it. The present Wolves head always felt to me as if it was about to leap off the jersey and rip it's opponent to pieces. To make that point clear the Wolves even had placed padding under the Wolves head to have it jump off of the jersey.

Last change is the eyes need to be green on number 2. On the jerseys, the team uses a reflective material to make the green eyes glow when the light hits them just right. It's a good start to this concept keep it up.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

It's a decent logo, I guess, but the Wolves already have one of the better identities in minor league sports, if not the best of all. Appropriate, since they had to masquerade as a major league team during the Dark Period. But yeah, I wouldn't tamper with the Wolves.

I agree. The logo and uniforms they have now are old school. They remind me of what the Bruins used to wear, not to mention their city neighbours, the Blackhawks.

Besides, they have had a lot of success with their current identity. 4 League Championships in 11 years, from 1998 to 2008. When was the last time the Blackhawks won a Cup? 1961?

Yes.

Come on now, you can't really believe that. A giant puck and a tiny stick with a creature on top of it that doesn't resemble a wolf.

I've never perceived it as anything but a wolf. As for the disproportionate stick and puck, I don't really sweat that, seeing as sticks and pucks that aren't correctly proportioned have been a part of hockey imagery as long as there's been hockey imagery. By the same token, the Canucks' stick-in-rink must be an abomination because that is anything but a regulation hockey stick. (Seriously, though, that was one of numerous awful Canucks logos.) It's a classic logo at this point, a memorable and legitimate mark amidst a sea of silly cartoons and low-rent hand-me-downs.

Judging by the G, the typeface for "Chicago" appears to be Tahoma or Verdana, two fonts I cannot bear (I cannot wolf!) to see in print. As noted, it's just an amalgamation of the Timberwolves and Coyotes, two average canine logos. On that note, concept #1 could be a very good choice if the Wolves were to become the Coyotes' AHL affiliate: too bad the Coyotes can't call up the Wolves' attendance, success, and profitability, or they'd be one hell of a farm team.

Yes.

Come on now, you can't really believe that. A giant puck and a tiny stick with a creature on top of it that doesn't resemble a wolf.

I've never perceived it as anything but a wolf. As for the disproportionate stick and puck, I don't really sweat that, seeing as sticks and pucks that aren't correctly proportioned have been a part of hockey imagery as long as there's been hockey imagery. By the same token, the Canucks' stick-in-rink must be an abomination because that is anything but a regulation hockey stick. (Seriously, though, that was one of numerous awful Canucks logos.) It's a classic logo at this point, a memorable and legitimate mark amidst a sea of silly cartoons and low-rent hand-me-downs.

Judging by the G, the typeface for "Chicago" appears to be Tahoma or Verdana, two fonts I cannot bear (I cannot wolf!) to see in print. As noted, it's just an amalgamation of the Timberwolves and Coyotes, two average canine logos. On that note, concept #1 could be a very good choice if the Wolves were to become the Coyotes' AHL affiliate: too bad the Coyotes can't call up the Wolves' attendance, success, and profitability, or they'd be one hell of a farm team.

Reminds me of Nevada-Reno's helmet logo's in football, it a good way, I like how fierce it looks and the jagged features, I know you're probably still thinking of touching up this one, but I was wondering what you had in mind for a secondary.

Archived