NBA Draft Hats 09

Conrad.

p5740534dt.jpg

I guess Stern's "no black" uni thing is not being enforced here...having them all black and with the annoying triple stripe makes these the worst ive seen in a while.

View All Hats

of note: The only hat not listed is the Sixers hat, so hopefully this means a nice lil' tweak to the old retro primary they are bringing back.

Yeah I was going to say that looks a little photoshopped. The logo looks more plastic/rubber than it does woven. Still well done, I had to do a double take.

Don't scare people like that, I'm hoping to see a significant change to that logo when they unveil.

And you probably just started the web's first leaked image of 'the 76ers 'new' logo.'

Oh god...looks like your photoshop is right....

Whilst watching this video:

Sixers 2009 Draft Preview NBA TV

10 Seconds in, the first thing I saw:

76ers09DraftHat.gif

That damn hat sitting on top of the TV!

I know its a screencap of a video, but that hat sure looks like pepis' photoshop there. Doesn't look like they tweaked the logo at all. Even the basketball in the logo is still the old school basketball where the lines stop at the two intersecting curvilinear lines.

Notice the old/new logo on the hat and the current script on the shooting shirt. I thought they were switching back to the old jerseys.

That shooting shirt means nothing. NBA TV analysts/crew who put it there that could care less what logos are on display. It's a draft preview for them, not a new logo analysis.

Wow. So they really just took the old logo and called it new. Great

Fuhgedabout da Sixers...are the Jazz really going to go with that j-note logo as their primary now? It's been speculated for quite some time.

Heh...even in the world of NBA branding, "what's old is new again".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well you never know.

Looks like the majority of the caps are secondary logos, is it possible that the 76ers former primary will be an alternate logo?

I don't know how great that'd be, but it still can give us some hope for a different primary.

Same with the Jazz logo, could just be a secondary logo.

But you never know, cause a bunch of them are primary logos, so it doesn't looks like there's any consistency.

As for the caps; Black? Really!?! Terrible.

7301.dl.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

7301.dl.jpg

"I mean, really? These hats are going to be sold at Sports Authority or Dick's, not Hot Topic. Really, NBA? Every one of them is black. Considering that over half the league has navy as one of their colors, you really thought this was a good idea? Some of these are going to look more muddled than Octomom's vagina. Really, NBA?"

Honestly, considering the hats the last two-three years were white, it's not that shocking to me. Reebok/Adidas haven't been much for color in draft hats for the NFL, NHL, and NBA recently.

7301.dl.jpg

"I mean, really? These hats are going to be sold at Sports Authority or Dick's, not Hot Topic. Really, NBA? Every one of them is black. Considering that over half the league has navy as one of their colors, you really thought this was a good idea? Some of these are going to look more muddled than Octomom's vagina. Really, NBA?"

Honestly, considering the hats the last two-three years were white, it's not that shocking to me. Reebok/Adidas haven't been much for color in draft hats for the NFL, NHL, and NBA recently.

Well done.

:D

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

looks like this will be quite the uneventful offseason for nba identity work...especially compared to last year's barrage.

Anyone think the state of the economy might have something to do with this?

From what I know, changing a logo is really expensive and it seems like an unnecessary expense if you're trying to save money. The Sixers bringing back the old logo is financially great for them, because fans will buy new merchandise yet they didn't spend a dime on designing the new logo.

Lately the NBA's done a lot of "special" uniform promotions i.e Bobcats Nascar, Christmas Snowflake, Latin, Recycle and champions special uniform.

If anything, I'd think the economy would make teams want to get some new stuff. If you can't get people to buy tickets or advertisers to buy spots, you can at least get fans to buy a new shirt or jersey. And they're not going to do that if you have the same logo from last year.

I bet the thinking is that draft picks dress up, and that a Black hat would match everyone's Black suit. Too bad they wear Teal, White, Powder Blue, Red, and Gold suits as well.

Archived