Buffalo Bills: v2.0

tBBP

I had a little downtime the other day, during which I went clicking thorugh my concept files and came across an unfinished update to my original Buffalo Bills concept from over two years ago (as seen here), so I decided to actually finish an update for once in a long while, and hence, we have this latest update.

For starters, ain't much different in this version from the original. Briefly: the old concept featured the old royal and red (with buffalo nickel trim included). So does this one, but I've brightened up the blue a little bit, to be a little bolder (and different from the NY Giants and Indianapolis Colts' blue). In the previous concept, I looked at a different version of the shoulder yoke; this version has no shoulder yokes. In the previous concept, I opted for nostalgia with the old Champion block numbers; this time, I did what I wanted to do last time and draft a new set of numbers to fit with the rest of the modified identity package I came up with. (For some reason, Aachen just really seemed to fit here as a natural evolution from the old Playbill-ish Bills script mark.) Oh--and red socks return...across all sets. Also included, speaking of red, is a red alternate jersey--one that I've decided to make a bit different in that the numbers and NOB are blue trimmed in nickel and white. (Really, that set was intended, hypothetically speaking, of course, as their "Canada" alternate, and being that red is Canada's color, i also left the socks red. Think mid-late '90s Philadelphia 76ers jerseys.)

The overall effect I was going for was a blend of all eras while still presenting something that could be considered fresh for current day and easily identifiable as the "Buffalo Bils". I think you'll see a good bit of each of the Bills' different sets in the different player models below. Look one way, and you might see those 1960s-1970s sets (minus sleeve stripes). Look another way and you might see the 1970's O.J. Simpson sets (which also prompted the stripe job on the socks, BTW). Look yet another way, and might see the Jim Kelly/Andre Reed sets (if you can get past the white helmets, that is).

Anyway, there's your prelude...here's the concept set.

BUFbills-idp.png

BUFbills-sg1.png

BUFbills-pma.png

You know what to do....

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I can't help but think that the helmet would look better if the thick center stripe was blue, and the outer stripes were red. It'd tie into the numbers on the white jersey better. Then again, the logo is basically red surrounded by blue, so it does work the way you did it. May be worth trying, though it may not make much of a difference. It would require changing the pants striping too, at least on the whites.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These are very nice-- big improvement over their current sets. It seems a bit blank, however, without striping on the jerseys. I would take yours over the trainwreck of shouder-yokes and side panels of the current set, but I think that stripes--maybe something thematically similar to the stripe on the logo--would help it a lot.

Also, is that a new DB template? Looks great!

Nice new template, hope you make that available.

Love the slight updates to the logo set, looks much better than what they have.

I like the white helmets and the pants, but the jerseys just look sooo plain, like a HS jersey. Put some striping (any form of it really) and this'll be perfect.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Pretty much my own main point of contention is congruent with most of yours: the jerseys. And I believe it's the socks that's doing it.

See...in my mind's "uniform ideology", the helmet and pants should match, as should the jersey and socks. (I think that got formed at some point during the creation of my Airline Football League Concept Series.) I went back and forth on whether or not to apply the stripe job to the socks or not, knowing that if I did, the jerseys would be the only unstriped element of the uniform. However, with today's jersey cuts, sleeve "stripes" are almost impossible and really, not even practical (and no I ain't taking the SF 49ers route). Thoughts of those kind alway plays into my mind when I'm doing these designs.

I had another "striping" idea...but it would have pretty much called for the elimination of the helmet striping, since that'd be about as out of place as many of the helmet stripes on many of Nike's college football team uniforms (see Missouri and Clemson as prime examples). Take a look at my Air France concept in the AFLCS thread (it's in my sig) if you want a rough idea of how my other idea woulda turned out.

I may go back and pull the striping job off the socks and post that particular display back up and see if anyone thinks it makes any difference.

Oh...and BTW, the CB in the "corner" there isn't exactly new...it's one of several others I've created for this new little "revolution" getup of mine and just ain't used yet. (However, don't look for that or any of the other ones to become available for public consumption any time soon...sorry, fellas. Gotta keep some of this stuff for my portfolio, you know?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I had a little downtime the other day, during which I went clicking thorugh my concept files and came across an unfinished update to my original Buffalo Bills concept from over two years ago (as seen here), so I decided to actually finish an update for once in a long while, and hence, we have this latest update.

For starters, ain't much different in this version from the original. Briefly: the old concept featured the old royal and red (with buffalo nickel trim included). So does this one, but I've brightened up the blue a little bit, to be a little bolder (and different from the NY Giants and Indianapolis Colts' blue). In the previous concept, I looked at a different version of the shoulder yoke; this version has no shoulder yokes. In the previous concept, I opted for nostalgia with the old Champion block numbers; this time, I did what I wanted to do last time and draft a new set of numbers to fit with the rest of the modified identity package I came up with. (For some reason, Aachen just really seemed to fit here as a natural evolution from the old Playbill-ish Bills script mark.) Oh--and red socks return...across all sets. Also included, speaking of red, is a red alternate jersey--one that I've decided to make a bit different in that the numbers and NOB are blue trimmed in nickel and white. (Really, that set was intended, hypothetically speaking, of course, as their "Canada" alternate, and being that red is Canada's color, i also left the socks red. Think mid-late '90s Philadelphia 76ers jerseys.)

The overall effect I was going for was a blend of all eras while still presenting something that could be considered fresh for current day and easily identifiable as the "Buffalo Bils". I think you'll see a good bit of each of the Bills' different sets in the different player models below. Look one way, and you might see those 1960s-1970s sets (minus sleeve stripes). Look another way and you might see the 1970's O.J. Simpson sets (which also prompted the stripe job on the socks, BTW). Look yet another way, and might see the Jim Kelly/Andre Reed sets (if you can get past the white helmets, that is).

Anyway, there's your prelude...here's the concept set.

BUFbills-idp.png

BUFbills-sg1.png

BUFbills-pma.png

You know what to do....

~Buc

have a great bills rebranding idea that i think can help this. the only proble is that i only have ms paint so i was hoping you could help me with it.

i think we should modernize the standing buffalo logo similar to how detroit made th lion more fierce.

i think we could adopt this buffalo

2dblz6r.jpg

and use it to make this

6tfnfc.jpg

look more like this

2r2qkas.jpg

i would really appreciate if you could help me out by making my "Fierce Buffalo" Come To Life

thanks, Brdwnk

basically a better looking version of this

33ur19w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First, I'd like to say WHY WERE YOU HIDING THAT TEMPLATE?! I needed it for reference. Haha. I digress...

I think the concept is excellent and very well executed. When I first looked at it, the design looked a little bland. After seeing the models, however, it looks very good. I like how you've brought the classic Bills schemes together to make a very nice design.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

I agree. Great things can come from Paint. But I went ahead and traced the thing and posted it up in one of the two threads he put up asking for the same thing. Now he is asking Bucco to do the same thing I just did.

Dude, check your thread....I did it like an hour after you requested it.

ON TO THE CONCEPT!

I love it. I'm not 100% sold on the red jersey, but I can live with it. I love the white helmets too. I think the numbers actually look good on this set. Great as always.

I agree. Great things can come from Paint. But I went ahead and traced the thing and posted it up in one of the two threads he put up asking for the same thing. Now he is asking Bucco to do the same thing I just did.

Oh, sorry. By that time I had scoured the boards for a jpeg of the baseball template and was sweeping through my Ovechkin.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Oh, sorry. By that time I had scoured the boards for a jpeg of the baseball template and was sweeping through my Ovechkin.

Nahh, I was talking about the buffalo that brdwnk asked for 3 different times that I traced for him about an hour after he asked. I am not yet capable of doing a template that good! :)

Archived