Back what I know, football...the NFL Re-do Series continues!

tBBP

Welcome back to the NFL Re-do Concept Series, folks!

Been a while since I've revisited this project, although I've been cooking several team concepts for a really lng while now, and this latest one is no exception.

Before I get started, here's what teams I've already covered:

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks

Seattle Seahawks SHOCKERS!

New York Jets

Washington Redskins

Carolina Panthers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns update

Dallas Cowboys

And do, for this 14th concept (damn...that's almost half the league!), I went back to the lab, broke open my vault, and saw that I hadn't really done much to my Bills idea for a while, even though it was almost close to done. So I took it off my old display template, drafted it onto my new one, played plug-and-play, rearranged things, re-did the whole thing, and now?well...read on.

So what exactly did I do to this thing? Well, for starters, i ain't break much new ground on this. The greater majority of Bills concepts on this board had one thing in common: BREAK...AWAY...FROM...THE...NAVY! And this one is no exception. In fact, i actually decided to bring the color BACK...in a more vivrant way (although I don't know if most of you can tell due to the fact I use a pretty sophisticated machine at my school that shows REAL BRIGHT colors that may not translate well through other monitors). In essence, the bright royal and red is the theme here. And, just because they included it, and I don't have an issue with it, I kept the buffalo nickel trim (which is just that...a TRIM). Among common elements of this concept set is the white helmets with the charging buffalo on it. The logo itself I have no problem with, but that laser eye can get lost against the red background (but no more so than the bird on the old Falcons helmets, which had not a singular MILLIGRAM of red on them), plus, the white helmet pops out a lot better. Another common theme I had to fight myself over: the socks. I know red socks have been an integral element of the Bils look for the past 20 or so years, and one set in this concept has them; the other two have blue. The third element (and I know a lot of folks will love this move): the return of those old champion-style numbers the Bills sported right on up until they trotted out their current look back in '02. I figured if any team could resurrect those and make them look good, it'd be the Bills. So that's what I did.

I also freshened up the "BILLS" wordmark, because that old Playbill-ish one has LONG run its course. The new one ain't too far from the old one, and I think most of you will recognize the font. (That's one other thing I had to fight myself over...whether or not to go with the old champion numbers or trot out all-new ones. In the end, nostalgia won out.)

One other thing I had to fight myself over (I did a lot of personal in-fighting with this): how much, if any of all, of that funky piping to retain. The shoulder yoke does live on in this concept, but with a twist: the colored area now includes the sleeves. To me, just having the shoulder yoke colored looks really kinda crazy (well hell...most of the Bills' set looks that way), so if the Bills are going to do that, why not include the sleeves? Well, I did. (Yes, it still looks a little "Euro-leagueish", but at the same time, at least it's distinctive, at least for the Bills.) Oh?one other thing: the colored yoke/sleeves are just on the white jerseys; the colored jerseys are all one solid color.

Well anyway, enough talk...take a look and see how this suits your tastes. My aim in all this was to make sort of a nice blend of all the three eras...the OJ Simpson/Jack kemp days, the Jim Kelly/Steve Tasker/Andre Reed/Bruce Smith days, and current day. May win, may not, but I'll let you all make that call:

CCSLC people, I present...the re-done Buffalo Bills!

BUFbills-2.png

Holla at me!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As you can tell by the sig, I'm a HUGE Bills fan. So my comments are as follows...

1. The white helmet would look awesome if the AFC East didn't have any white helmeted teams. However there's two (NY Jets and Miami), with New England being silver. Bring back the red helmet please.

2. I really like how the pants stripes and helmet stripes match. Great job.

3. You messed with tradition and tradition bit you in the ass. Red socks on all sets. Please.

4. It's absolutely amazing how such a small colour change can make a big difference. The little nickel outline on the logo adds so much. ***** for that little tweak.

5. Shoulder yoke and sleeves on the roads are very well done.

6. Old school numbers work perfectly.

It's a good start, but make the helmet and socks red and you have something nice.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Im afraid people look at this quick and give outstanding feedback because the template makes it look so good. BUT what i see is a very plain jersey(not in a bad way) and an unoriginal concept.

With that said i still think this is an upgrade:) anything that incorporates the classic elements is good in my mind. What i would suggest is to lose the road version, and model it after the home. wouldnt mind seeing a red helmet version too. Good Job!

PS The pants striping looks perfect. incorporate that style into the top, cause right now they dont seem to go together

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

make love to me

Thats not creepy at all...

As for the concept, im gonna have to agree with nyy3351, it does look quite plain. All the attention goes to the pants, the jerseys has no striping. That along with the fact that the jersey has no logos makes it boring. The white pants are perfection, but I also would like to see more silver in the jersey.

heh, in some cases simplicity works. in this case, I'm tryin to keep my eyes open...heh, at least some striping would help out immensely. you've had better ideas, B.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The "2" isn't the right "2" that was used in the Champion font that you were attempting to mimic (maybe that was intentional.)

The bottom bar of the 2 shouldn't have a serif (if you'd call that a serif.) It should just be straight.

I think you pulled off the shoulder-yoke very well. I'd probably go back to the red socks, but I agree with your choice of a white helmet. I don't think it matters that other teams use white - if it works then it works.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would try switching the bills logo's colors so that the buffalo is red and the line streak thing is blue. Just a suggestion, otherwise its great.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Damn. You made the shoulder-yoke look just a little bit classier. Good work overall, I think this brings them back to where they need to be: Not too plain, not too tacky. Maybe consider a red helmet, but that's just my opinion because their 90's uniforms were some of my favorites of all time.

Not Feeling them. The unis (especially the homes) look too simple.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Only thing I'd change is make the helmet red because that would make 3 red- helmeted teams in the AFC East. Otherwise perfect.

****.5 out of *****

At one point, all 5 teams in the AFC East wore white helmets. I don't think that's a reason to change to red. I like the Bills' white helmets best of all, especially before the swoosh on the buffalo.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

Only thing I'd change is make the helmet red because that would make 3 white- helmeted teams in the AFC East. Otherwise perfect.

****.5 out of *****

At one point, all 5 teams in the AFC East wore white helmets. I don't think that's a reason to change to red. I like the Bills' white helmets best of all, especially before the swoosh on the buffalo.

fixed...and ironically enough, that fact was the very reason the Jets switched to green helmets back in the day. probably also the reason the Bills switched to red helmets a few years later.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Only thing I'd change is make the helmet red because that would make 3 white- helmeted teams in the AFC East. Otherwise perfect.

****.5 out of *****

fixed...and ironically enough, that fact was the very reason the Jets switched to green helmets back in the day. probably also the reason the Bills switched to red helmets a few years later.

I also heard--or rather, read somewhere--that the reason the Bills switched to red helmets was to help their QB at the time whose name slips my memory cut down on interceptions...which, I guess, sorta kinda does feed into your thesis there, 'Scrim.

About this set...I really wasn't trying to go real wild and crazy with this set. The idea of striping the sersey did enter my mind, but, stripes AND a colored yoke could be overkill, so I decided against it. I did include the collerbad striping, though, just to keep that element throughout. I also thought about putting the TV #s up on the shoulders, but, at least for as long as I can remember, the Bills have always had their TV #s on their sleeves, so I kept them there. And oh by the way, I went back and looked at that "2"...my version IS wrong...there is no bottom serif. Imma have to fix that.

Sometime soon y'all may see an update on this..

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

eah, the only aspect that really killed it for me WAS the yoke tho, why keep the worst element of the bills uniform history. I say either keep it simple old school, or invent a new design all-together

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived