MY NFL Re-do Concept Project

tBBP

What up folx? I've sorta kinda taken a break on my Airline Football League Concept Series to concentrate more on my newest little project--My NFL Re-Do Concept Project. So far I've only gotten a few done, and I may not even do them all--just the ones that bug me the most.

One of those designs belongs to the Cleveland Browns. Not that I hate what they have now (except for the change in facemasks from white to gray), but I never for the life of me could understand WHY a pro sports team whose nickname identifies a certain color (whether they were so named for it or not) would so openly and repeatedly emphasize another--not to mention the fact that NOT ONE SINGLE OTHER MAJOR PRO SPORTS TEAM IN THIS COUNTRY USES THAT COLOR PALETTE. Like I said, the current design isn't a bad one, but my only thing is--why all the ORANGE? (Am I the only one who gets a little perturbed by this? Especially with the orange t/b's they unveiled a few years back--and their training camp shorts...all ORANGE. They are NOT the Cleveland ORANGES...they're the Cleveland BROWNS! (Got an idea of where I'm headed with this concept?)

Really the overall design of the uniforms themselves is the same in my concept as the ones they have now--or had before the change. I kept the striping uniform throughout, utilizing the brown/white/orange/white/brown (and vice versa) pattern on the sleeves and socks, and the same (minus one stripe set) on the shell and pants.

And speaking of that shell, it is now BROWN. Why? Well...i already answered that. Also, because I feel like the Browns should have SOME TYPE of identifying mark, I went with the "B" flanked by stripes (in the same pattern as the helmet/pants) inside the oblong oval as the promary. I just couldn't see putting the dog (my concept's secondary logo) on the helmet--and I didn't want to leave it straight blank, as is now.

Now I know I'm messing with tradition here, and this design may NEVER see the light of day. BUT, with the new regime in place in Crennel and a "supposed" new attitude, why would it not be time for a change? I mean, one can only hold onto nostalgia for so long. (Bracing myself for potential "flaming" off that remark)...

Also, for the alternates, I did NOT do an orange jersey; instead, I included brown PANTS. (Why has this team never thought of that up to this point--or at least wearing the ones rumored to be in their stock in an actual GAME?) The brown pants come with white socks, but the striping pattern remains the same.

With this one, I pretty much left well enough alone, except for the shell and the brown pants. And so, with no further ado, I present to the CCSLC community (on my newly revised beta template)...MY Cleveland Browns Re-do concept!

All C&C is greatly appreciated.

CLEbrowns.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is awesome. I have always been buged that there logo is a orange helmet but there name is the browns. I love that you actaully gave them a logo.

That "B" logo is actually one of their "alternate" logos--and I use that term loosely since ALL of their logos are alternates, being that their primary pretty much looks like this:

(BLANK!!!)

'Preciate the comments, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

The orange helmet has to stay. It's a classic

WHY? Because the former owner didn't want it changed.

Great Job Bucco B! I woudn't even offer an all white look. I think the sleeve stripes are too close to the Bears not that that is a bad thing. Perhaps try UCLA stripes in the shoulder or even use the same pattern you use in the helmet. But it is really hard to make any suggestions on such a great concept. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

This is awesome.  I have always been buged that there logo is a orange helmet but there name is the browns. I love that you actaully gave them a logo.

That "B" logo is actually one of their "alternate" logos--and I use that term loosely since ALL of their logos are alternates, being that their primary pretty much looks like this:

(BLANK!!!)

'Preciate the comments, though.

I knew that I just meants is awesome that you actaully put a logo on the helmet.

but I never for the life of me could understand WHY a pro sports team whose nickname identifies a certain color (whether they were so named for it or not) would so openly and repeatedly emphasize another

It's because their nickname does not identify a certain color; it identifies their founder and original coach. Plain and simple. The use of the color brown at all is coincidental and by happenstance. The team's name had no bearing on the team's colors and vice versa. The team was named for Paul Brown. Period. The teams colors were chosen to be Orange and Brown. Period. Separate thoughts. And yes, they emphasize Orange because it's Orange and Brown. Not Brown and Orange. Game over. Next song.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Judging the uniform on its own merits (and not relative to what I've always remembered the Browns looking like), I really like this uniform. The striping pattern is simple and classic, very fitting for a blue-collar Rust Belt city like Cleveland. However, I'm finding it very difficult to get past the idea of a brown helmet for the Browns. I've hardly ever seen a brown helmet shell in use by anybody at the pro or collegiate level, and I'm wondering if that's why it's such a shock to the senses. Other than that, looks like this project's off to a good start.

QPR%20Sig.png

but I never for the life of me could understand WHY a pro sports team whose nickname identifies a certain color (whether they were so named for it or not) would so openly and repeatedly emphasize another

It's because their nickname does not identify a certain color; it identifies their founder and original coach. Plain and simple. The use of the color brown at all is coincidental and by happenstance. The team's name had no bearing on the team's colors and vice versa. The team was named for Paul Brown. Period. The teams colors were chosen to be Orange and Brown. Period. Separate thoughts. And yes, they emphasize Orange because it's Orange and Brown. Not Brown and Orange. Game over. Next song.

thank god... you put it perfectly. All in all however, this set does look really good. Hard to imagine Cleveland making a drastic change though.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I like what you did here, and I'm all for putting a logo on the helmet. My only nitpick: You changed the primary color because it didn't match the team name, but then why include the dog logo? I don't see what that has to do with a team named the Browns.

And yes, I know about the fans and all and their tie-in with the dog logo. ^_^

Edit: Actually, i don't even see the dog on the uniform, so that's cool. It makes for a neat merchandising logo but I hope it never makes it's way onto the field.

However, I'm finding it very difficult to get past the idea of a brown helmet for the Browns. I've hardly ever seen a brown helmet shell in use by anybody at the pro or collegiate level, and I'm wondering if that's why it's such a shock to the senses.

Well here's a sorta brown shell for reference that i'm sure most of us have seen

waterboy1.jpg

Anyways GREAT concept bucco_b. I love how you updated the Browns with an actual logo that can work for them. Can't wait to see the rest of the NFL. Keep up the good work!!

However, I'm finding it very difficult to get past the idea of a brown helmet for the Browns.  I've hardly ever seen a brown helmet shell in use by anybody at the pro or collegiate level, and I'm wondering if that's why it's such a shock to the senses.

Well here's a sorta brown shell for reference that i'm sure most of us have seen

waterboy1.jpg

Anyways GREAT concept bucco_b. I love how you updated the Browns with an actual logo that can work for them. Can't wait to see the rest of the NFL. Keep up the good work!!

best.uniform.ever

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

How is that a bad thing? So many teams look exactly alike. So many teams use the same colors. The Browns are completely unique and original. That's a great thing.

I meant that as a good thing for the Clevelands Browns.

That's what I thought. That the team was named for Paul Brown. (So was it any coincidence that JIM BROWN also played there? That just solidified the "Browns" right there! :D

But yeah--all in all, I know I'm messing with tradition screwing with a 50-some-odd-year-old look. But that's the beauty of fantasy concepts--seeing what everyone thinks of whtever already exists--or in the case of my Airline Football League Concept Series, what could possibly be.

I've got a rather strange one in the works for the Panthers, and I actually had the nerve to tinker with my Buccaneer's outfits, too. And, only because I can, I've got my own interpretation of the powder blues. (And I'll save the masses the appeasement--it does NOT include the powder blue.)

I was actually thinking of doing shoulder stripes for this concept like the Colts or UCLA, but--again--I just left well-enough alone.

But anyway, there's that...any more C&C? Come wit it!

Archived