MY NFL Re-do Concept Project

tBBP

Cleveland without an orange helmet is like the Yankees without NY on their hats.

But uh, I like the look... Brown would make sense, but history is history, and they've won so many Super Bowls in that orange helmet... (O WAIT, A SEC, THEY'VE NEVER WONA NYTHING)....

hMMM...

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually dbackdiehard, they won 8 League championships way back before the Super Bowl-era: 4 All-American Football Conference (AAFC) championships (in all 4 seasons of the league from 1946 to 1949) and 4 more in the NFL (1950, 1954, 1955, and 1964).

YOZXkBG.png?1

i dont think the brown helmet works too well with a brown uni. the orange helmet made the brown "pop" more. made it really stand out. now it just looks like a jumble mud blob. being a browns fan, i feel that there should never be a logo on the helmets, why cave into that trend when you dont need to. many NCAA teams dont have logos on their helmets and they look perfectly fine. it would be like throwing an block "O" on the buckeyes helmet out of spite. there is no real reason to do so. if you had to put that logo on the helmets i think it would have worked out much better on a orange one, instead of the brown. over all its not a bad design but since i have special spot in my heart for the browns, i cant say i love it because of the drastict change to the helmet.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Actually dbackdiehard, they won 8 League championships way back before the Super Bowl-era: 4 All-American Football Conference (AAFC) championships (in all 4 seasons of the league from 1946 to 1949) and 4 more in the NFL (1950, 1954, 1955, and 1964).

I knew that comment was going to bite me in the behind.

AND TO THOSE WHO GET AGGRAVATED BECAUSE THIS IS A 2006 THREAD: Get over it.

Stop crying over spilt milk

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yup. 67 posts entitles you to say that.

There are so many thing in your statement that are wrong.

I suggest you read this.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Thanks.

I predict a short life on this board for you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thanks.

I suggest you read this.

This isn't a right/wrong issue sir.

When I made the Cleveland Browns comment I was referring to the fact they've never won a Super Bowl? As far as right or wrong is concerned, you reference me to Wikipedia?-- a site full of faults and fake information because regular joes who don't know a lick about things are just allowed to post whatever comes off the top of their head?

That's your justifiable argument?

C'mon.

This is a thread. It doesn't matter if I've posted 2 times, 58 times, or 8000 times.

This isn't about whether I have the entitlement. If I was reporting a leaked logo, or taking credit for something that'd be one thing. But I'm not.

All I ask is that you just take it easy a little.

It's just a thread.

There's a zillion threads on here. If you don't like one from 2006 that may be on the top for a short time, just don't click it.

I've made my peace. GN World

Thanks.

I suggest you read this.

This isn't a right/wrong issue sir.

When I made the Cleveland Browns comment I was referring to the fact they've never won a Super Bowl? As far as right or wrong is concerned, you reference me to Wikipedia?-- a site full of faults and fake information because regular joes who don't know a lick about things are just allowed to post whatever comes off the top of their head?

That's your justifiable argument?

C'mon.

This is a thread. It doesn't matter if I've posted 2 times, 58 times, or 8000 times.

This isn't about whether I have the entitlement. If I was reporting a leaked logo, or taking credit for something that'd be one thing. But I'm not.

All I ask is that you just take it easy a little.

It's just a thread.

There's a zillion threads on here. If you don't like one from 2006 that may be on the top for a short time, just don't click it.

I've made my peace. GN World

This response is in another thread you necroed, but if you haven't read it, I'll post it here.

The thing is, this bumps off newer concepts that have just been posted before all have had a chance to see and critique. That is rude to the creators of said concepts.

Also, shrink the sig.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sorry, it just dosent work...the Browns dont need a logo and their orange helmet is football tradition...I dont see the N.Y. Yankees ever wearing dark blue alternate jerseys so I dont see the Browns ever switching their uniforms...you cant improve on perfection and tradition!

They're an expansion team, and named after an original team that hasn't won since almost any of us on this board have been born.

There's a stand to be made for tradition, but what the Browns have had, for... what? 35+ years now? is a LOSING tradition.

Sorry, it just dosent work...the Browns dont need a logo and their orange helmet is football tradition...I dont see the N.Y. Yankees ever wearing dark blue alternate jerseys so I dont see the Browns ever switching their uniforms...you cant improve on perfection and tradition!

They're an expansion team, and named after an original team that hasn't won since almost any of us on this board have been born.

There's a stand to be made for tradition, but what the Browns have had, for... what? 35+ years now? is a LOSING tradition.

Actually the team moved but the history stayed...so its like the team took a hiatus.

I would like to see the "Dog" played up more. I know it doesnt make sense. but that logo is too good not to use as some kind of primary. Leaving the helmets blank and orange IS the browns, I dont think that can ever be messed with.

kinda funny coming from a person with a Texas Rangers T in their avitar. we all know that the Rangers are known for their rich history of winning. being they only been to the playoff 3 times and all.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

kinda funny coming from a person with a Texas Rangers T in their avitar. we all know that the Rangers are known for their rich history of winning. being they only been to the playoff 3 times and all.

Jeesh, whats next, "My Dad can beat up your Dad"? How is picking on someones favorite team worth a post?:) The Browns have bordered on mediocrity and sucking for a long time, thats all he said, not aiming at one person. If im wrong ill shutup though :rolleyes:

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Really this statement has no relevence here. He never compared them to the Rangers, saying the Rangers have a tradition and the Browns don't. He simply made a statement about the Browns and no one else. He makes no reference to the Rangers whatsoever, therefore, your comment was actually unnecessary.

Just pointing out. ^_^

• 10 months later...
(Borat)

Niiiice!

Why did you bump this?

Today, we are all otaku.

One good thing about a stupid bump is I never saw this comment.

You think you really have to tell a Rangers fan that my team sucks? I'm well aware, thank you very much. And I've never made any statement disagreeing, in fact, I've recognized not only how forgettable of a franchise they were, but how poorly ran they have been several times on this board.

I've also, for similar reasons, recommended several changes to their uniform, unlike Browns fans, despite being horrible for a while with only fluke moments of mediocrity interrupting them, act like if anyone would ever dare touched their beloved binkies (orange helmets), that they would riot.

but I never for the life of me could understand WHY a pro sports team whose nickname identifies a certain color (whether they were so named for it or not) would so openly and repeatedly emphasize another

It's because their nickname does not identify a certain color; it identifies their founder and original coach. Plain and simple. The use of the color brown at all is coincidental and by happenstance. The team's name had no bearing on the team's colors and vice versa. The team was named for Paul Brown. Period. The teams colors were chosen to be Orange and Brown. Period. Separate thoughts. And yes, they emphasize Orange because it's Orange and Brown. Not Brown and Orange. Game over. Next song.

I know they were named after the owner, but in all fairness, the Browns not being brown is as silly as the St. Louis Blues not being blue, or the Kansas City Royals not being royal. If the nickname of your team is the name of a color (even though it may not be the reason for said name), it is ludicrous to not use that color.

End rant.

Anyways, I like the concept as a traditional Browns idea. I went modern with mine, but this is well done. Kudos.

Archived