Central Michigan football to adidas

dfwabel

Did they change from Vegas Gold to yellow gold? Now, I'm really not happy with them.

I don't know why, considering these are the accurate school colors. Not to mention that it differentiates them more from their rivals, Western Michigan, who wear black, brown, and vegas gold. It does resemble Minnesota, though. I also liked last years design, and I hope they still have gold flakes in the helmets. Here is another picture, though it uses a more standard font. The helmets say 'hold the rope' on the front? Not so sure about that....

img1825p.jpg

MegatronSig2.jpg

Did they change from Vegas Gold to yellow gold? Now, I'm really not happy with them.

It appears that they did. However, I am glad they got rid of the italics. In the 1993 or 1994, when CMU changed to the "C in motion" I was interning at a TV station when we got the presser, but only the maroon was shown. I may have some on the CMU upper admin. staff that I know, so I may ask around if I have time.

I don't really like piping, but this is about as good as piping gets - it actually matches from jersey to pants, and it doesn't randomly end or go under the back numbers. It's nice and simple and the pant stripe opening up at the bottom is sorta cool. Adidas has some pretty awful piping but this is better than most nike designs in my opinion. And from that latest picture it appears that they still have the flakes in the helmet. I can't find any pictures of the roads, but it should be interesting to see if they will be monochrome or not.

Ehh...I preferred the previous version. (But then, I don't know much about CM as it is.)

But, if they had to go back to their true colors, this wasn't a bad move. Less distinguishable, but not bad at all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I admit my knowledge of CMU's history isn't great but if those are the true school colors, then I can see why they made the change. But last year's colors made CMU distinct. Like I said, now when I see the new unis, I immediately think Minnesota. I guess my main beef was the change of the lighter shade of gold to a dark gold.

Ehh...I preferred the previous version. (But then, I don't know much about CM as it is.)

But, if they had to go back to their true colors, this wasn't a bad move. Less distinguishable, but not bad at all.

There's only one thing to know about Central Mich....

val-111500.jpg

Holy Crap...

Chippewa throwbacks!

Must Get!

-Dan

So will, you drive to the CMU Bookstore in a company vehicle then complain like you did when you went to The Palace? Since I started the thread, I am glad they got rid of the italics.

?

-Dan

Regardless of what jersey looked like, you complained about getting a call from going to Auburn Hills in a company vehicle for tickets on a thread you began. Will you take a company car to get something else? If you did not want to make it an ethical pointt, then you should have kept it to yourself.

What in the hell are you talking about? What with the catty personal attack?

And yes, I use the company car all the time. It is considered a finge benefit (not like I have to justify it to you)

I'll dive to the SBX instead. Their selection is way better than the bookstore in the University Center.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'm a student at CMU... and when Adidas was brought on as the sole provider for Chippewa athletics, they said they were going to unify the colors across all sports. Football used more of the old gold and maroon, while basketball had a bright yellow jersey under New Balance. Softball used mostly yellow while baseball used old gold AND yellow in different uniforms. It may seem weird at first but I'm glad all of the teams will look the same. Personally I like the jerseys.... I could go for a more unique number font to break up the boring-ness but that's just me.

LEFEVOUR FOR HEISMAN!!!!!

PS, I'd pay TOP DOLLAR for the Dan The Man throwback.... how sweet is that?

I'm a student at CMU... and when Adidas was brought on as the sole provider for Chippewa athletics, they said they were going to unify the colors across all sports. Football used more of the old gold and maroon, while basketball had a bright yellow jersey under New Balance. Softball used mostly yellow while baseball used old gold AND yellow in different uniforms. It may seem weird at first but I'm glad all of the teams will look the same. Personally I like the jerseys.... I could go for a more unique number font to break up the boring-ness but that's just me.

LEFEVOUR FOR HEISMAN!!!!!

PS, I'd pay TOP DOLLAR for the Dan The Man throwback.... how sweet is that?

Go Blue131,

I graduated from Central in 2002.

You need to change your user name to reflect that you are a Chippewa! :P

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived