Wimbledon!

gingerbreadmann

Wow...that really does show ignorance on your part. But at least you acknowledge it.

I don't hide my bull:censored:, Greg. I keep it out in the open where y'all can get a good whiff of it. ^_^

I can respect that, Brian.

On to the Gentlemen's Champpionship Final:

Roddick takes the first set 7-5, Federer gets the second set tiebreaker, they're on serve in the third. I see this alot like the USA-Brazil soccer match at the Confederations Cup (with Roddick being the USA and Federer being Brazil), big initial push that just can't be sustained.

Either way, this is a different Roddick. If he plays like this in Flushing Meadows, he's going to have to be considered the co-favorite right along with the great Federer.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

We didn't get epic yesterday, but we certainly are today. Roddick's service game has been amazing.

What an awesome match.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Rafa won last year; Federer won this year. :P

Awesome match. It would be unbelivably hard to top last year's final, and this one almost did it. The fifth set was un-freaking-believable. Federer showed some real grit, especially when he won 5 or 6 straight points to keep from going down 2 sets to none. That was awesome. We should really cherish watching guys like Roger Federer. Even though we've been somewhat spoiled with him coming right after Pete Sampras, we should still acknowledge that we are watching one of the all-time greats in tennis, maybe sports, history.

Big props to Andy Roddick though. I'm sure that he's gonna regret not closing out that 2nd set, but he can't be ashamed of the way he played. He basically took the best player in the world to the limit. Just a great match all around. That's why Wimbledon is the must-watch tennis tournament for me.

:censored:. I thought he could do it. It's too bad he lost the 2nd breaker.

Federer is unbelievable. He is like a machine. Pumping out incredible shots left and right and making it look like patty-cake. The 16-14 final set was unbelievable and if not more, it was at least as good as last year's final (which is saying A LOT.)

Congratulations to Roger, and to Andy as well. I hope he can keep playing at this level for at least another year or two so he gets one more shot. But now, I'm really pumped for the Open.

amazing amazing match. i have to say, i haven't watched much of Roddick in the past couple years, mostly because I usually only watch the semis and championship rounds of the majors, and he hasn't been round much in those.

but this was a different Roddick today than in his previous Wimbledon losses to Roger and even in his U.S. Open win a few years ago. He's making jaw-dropping shots that he wouldn't have made then, and his service game was downright amazing. For a guy who says he has "concrete hands", some of his drop shots were softer than butter. He'll be a force in Flushing later this year, and I hope he can turn the Big 2 of Roger/Rafael into a big 3 of Roger/Rafael/Roddick.

But yeah, Federer is a king. When Sampras retired I really didn't think his record would fall this fast. Just think about the greatness we're seeing in sports these past 5 or so year. The best golfer ever (Woods), the best tennis player ever (Federer), and who could turn out to be the best basketball player(LeBron) ever.

but this was a different Roddick today than in his previous Wimbledon losses to Roger and even in his U.S. Open win a few years ago. He's making jaw-dropping shots that he wouldn't have made then, and his service game was downright amazing. For a guy who says he has "concrete hands", some of his drop shots were softer than butter. He'll be a force in Flushing later this year, and I hope he can turn the Big 2 of Roger/Rafael into a big 3 of Roger/Rafael/Roddick.

I'm kinda hoping that Novak Djokovic could also make the jump to elite status too.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived