UFL team logos?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are some possible Names for these teams?

Las Vegas Aces

Would be good...but several fantasy teams are using it, as well as an ABA basketball team.

My choice: Las Vegas High Rollers. Implies the same themes, but with more power.

(as for a Los Angeles team, I'd say the Los Angeles Comets. Keeps up with the celestial theme of the Galaxy)

New York/Hartford Whalers

I think the NHL or the Hurricanes still owns the team name...

My choice: New York Heroes. Insipring various images of NYPD/FDNY who helped out with 9/11 (might even have a superhero-themed logo/mascot)

(as for a Hartford team, Hartford Riverhawks. City's located along the Connecticut River, and the U of Hartford's teams are called the Hawks)

Orlando Mice

GTFlipOH! A football team called the "Mice"? They'd be the laughingstock of the whole football world.

My choice: Orlando Explorers. Image of Spanish conquistadors and the NASA space program.

San Francisco Gold

I remember the huge uproar from the Marquette student body when the program announced the team would be called the "Gold" (which thankfully never made it past the planning stages).

My choice: San Francisco Express. Images of streetcars and boat ferries (I said FERRIES)

(as for a Sacramento team, Sacramento Prospectors. The Sacramento River was a VERY important site for the Gold Rush).

Glad I could help get this discussion going!

bYhYmxh.png

Hey, thanks for yet another opportunity to trot out one of my favorite team names ever. Sadly, it wasn't around long. It was Vegas's CFL team, the Las Vegas Posse. They should resurrect that one.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Las Vegas

Las Vegas Liberators

Las Vegas Marauders

Las Vegas Sidewinders

Las Vegas Thunderbirds

Las Vegas Venom

Las Vegas Vipers

New York

New York Centaurs

New York Gargoyles

New York Mammoths

New York Monarchs

Orlando

Orlando Dragons

Orlando Juice

Orlando Orcas

Orlando Rampage

San Francisco

San Francisco Corsairs

San Francisco Griffins

San Francisco Shock

San Francisco Stingrays

Las Vegas

Las Vegas Liberators

Las Vegas Marauders

Las Vegas Sidewinders

Las Vegas Thunderbirds

Las Vegas Venom

Las Vegas Vipers

New York

New York Centaurs

New York Gargoyles

New York Mammoths

New York Monarchs

Orlando

Orlando Dragons

Orlando Juice

Orlando Orcas

Orlando Rampage

San Francisco

San Francisco Corsairs

San Francisco Griffins

San Francisco Shock

San Francisco Stingrays

Got to admit, I like the SF Griffins idea. To my knowledge, no pro football team has ever used it. Orlando Juice is out as I think it was a semi-pro baseball team. But Orlando Mice, that's way to subtle to be a Mickey Mouse team, isn't it? Oops sorry. Wrong poster. Maybe Orlando (Sun) Burn would work....I think only the Dallas Burn had the same nickname.....NY has a bit of an issue, trying to represent so many things. Maybe NY Bagelers would work, seeing is how they are famous for their Bagels. And for LV, I think maybe drop the "Las" and just go with Vegas Venom or Vegas Vermin. The double "V" lends itself to better repetition.

Again, just my 2 cents, not worth much. But you all who want to know should sign up for the league's newsletters....they are free.

http://www.ufl-football.com/

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Well they signed a deal with Versus to televise the games, so I think it's pretty certain they're at least getting the first season done. They are not directly competing with the NFL in that they are not going after the top talent (i.e. USFL). Their aim is to provide an affordable alternative in non-NFL markets. If anything, they are laying the foundation for a legitimate stepping stone to the NFL for a lot of guys that would normally be on practice squads or in the CFL. The NFL is probably watching intently to see if the league takes off before entertaining the idea of some sort of combined effort. If you ask me, they have a real shot at sticking around as a feeder league to the NFL. Unless they change focus and try to be a rival, of course.

P.S. I'm holding out hope that the Orlando team will be called the Orcas.

Well they signed a deal with Versus to televise the games, so I think it's pretty certain they're at least getting the first season done. They are not directly competing with the NFL in that they are not going after the top talent (i.e. USFL). Their aim is to provide an affordable alternative in non-NFL markets. If anything, they are laying the foundation for a legitimate stepping stone to the NFL for a lot of guys that would normally be on practice squads or in the CFL. The NFL is probably watching intently to see if the league takes off before entertaining the idea of some sort of combined effort. If you ask me, they have a real shot at sticking around as a feeder league to the NFL. Unless they change focus and try to be a rival, of course.

P.S. I'm holding out hope that the Orlando team will be called the Orcas.

Which is PRECISELY why they plan on getting into a bidding war with the NFL for younger out-of-college players. :rolleyes:

These are well-moneyed idiots with delusions of grandeur. Which means they will likely soon be simply idiots with delusions of grandeur.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This league does have a legitimate chance in being successful . I understand if they stay around for at least 3 seasons they are back at even in making up for their starting losses. The approach the UFL has is being very smart about things , learning from past miscues and starting small to grow bigger unlike the XFL, and USFL that grew far to fast or tried to make to much of a change to the game of football ( plus adding a blend of WWE) it got a stigma and they couldn't work, or just simply trying to take on the NFL head to head can really not be done anymore, the UFL realizes this and is in a way working with them , along with helping themselves . But they really need a better TV contract then Versus to really be a marketable brand, I guess we will just wait and see.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

This league does have a legitimate chance in being successful . I understand if they stay around for at least 3 seasons they are back at even in making up for their starting losses. The approach the UFL has is being very smart about things , learning from past miscues and starting small to grow bigger unlike the XFL, and USFL that grew far to fast or tried to make to much of a change to the game of football ( plus adding a blend of WWE) it got a stigma and they couldn't work, or just simply trying to take on the NFL head to head can really not be done anymore, the UFL realizes this and is in a way working with them , along with helping themselves . But they really need a better TV contract then Versus to really be a marketable brand, I guess we will just wait and see.

Has the fact that they are playing a fall schedule registered with you? That pretty much means they are taking on the NFL head to head.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Has the fact that they are playing a fall schedule registered with you? That pretty much means they are taking on the NFL head to head.

Has the fact that they pretty much confirmed they are not going for top talent (read: NFL caliber) and early on started courting the NFL as a partner to become a feeder league registered with you? One has to be pretty dense to assume that any league that *gasp* plays in the Fall is trying to compete with the NFL. I guess by your logic, College and High School football are also trying to compete with the NFL.

To Claystation: I think the Versus contract is pretty solid for an untested brand-spanking new league. Remember, the NHL also has a tv deal with them. It's not like they're televising games on some obscure network. Sure, it doesn't carry the same weight as ESPN, but for a second tier fledgling league, it's a good deal.

Has the fact that they pretty much confirmed they are not going for top talent (read: NFL caliber) and early on started courting the NFL as a partner to become a feeder league registered with you? One has to be pretty dense to assume that any league that *gasp* plays in the Fall is trying to compete with the NFL. I guess by your logic, College and High School football are also trying to compete with the NFL.

To Claystation: I think the Versus contract is pretty solid for an untested brand-spanking new league. Remember, the NHL also has a tv deal with them. It's not like they're televising games on some obscure network. Sure, it doesn't carry the same weight as ESPN, but for a second tier fledgling league, it's a good deal.

Michael Vick's NFL caliber talent...

Today, we are all otaku.

not any more and he goes to the league by default

he doesnt have to sign with them but if he wants to he can

OK...Vick may have lost a step. Vick may not command top dollar. He may not be a good quarterback. But...setting aside the "pariah" issue, he would be a perfectly good running back in the NFL today. Indeed, the "pariah" issue is pretty much the only reason he isn't on a NFL roster at the moment.

/Would a "minor/developmental" league stick teams in New York and Los Angeles? At least one with any brains?

Today, we are all otaku.

OK...Vick may have lost a step. Vick may not command top dollar. He may not be a good quarterback. But...setting aside the "pariah" issue, he would be a perfectly good running back in the NFL today. Indeed, the "pariah" issue is pretty much the only reason he isn't on a NFL roster at the moment.

/Would a "minor/developmental" league stick teams in New York and Los Angeles? At least one with any brains?

he would never have any success at runningback in the nfl

first off he is too skinny to be a nfl running back and anyways his running style isnt that of a runningback

Archived