Nickelodeon changes their logo

BadSeed84

I wish they'd come out with a Nick Classic channel or something.

Nicktoons Network was originally supposed to be a somewhat classic Nick, but much like MTV2, it became a dumping ground for reruns of current and recently canceled shows, and other crap that couldn't even get picked up by regular nick. They still show like one Ren & Stimpy, and one Rugrats per day, usually at some ridiculous time, but that's about it. They definitely need a channel though for strictly classic shows, both cartoon and live action.

spacer.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicktoons Network was originally supposed to be a somewhat classic Nick, but much like MTV2, it became a dumping ground for reruns of current and recently canceled shows, and other crap that couldn't even get picked up by regular nick. They still show like one Ren & Stimpy, and one Rugrats per day, usually at some ridiculous time, but that's about it. They definitely need a channel though for strictly classic shows, both cartoon and live action.

That is why I loved watching Nick GAS when I had it on DISH. As long that Nickelodeon don't sells thier soul to Reality show like Cartoon Network they should be ok.

That is why I loved watching Nick GAS when I had it on DISH. As long that Nickelodeon don't sells thier soul to Reality show like Cartoon Network they should be ok.

they got rid of nick gas and replaced it with noggin.....seriously another crappy nick jr/ pbs channel?

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Once I went to Universal in 2006 and saw that Nickelodeon Studios was barren and stripped of its old identity, that's when Nick officially died to me. I always remember seeing it in the after show credits and wanted to see the thing more than anything else...unfortunately I was too late.

It's sad that the channel I basically grew up on is in shambles now. I wish they'd come out with a Nick Classic channel or something.

YES!!!! If their is to be one you have to include all of the 1980s-1995 shows.

And yes that includes the first season of All That.

yea 1995 or 96 bein a cut off date for a nick classic channel would be great.

Not only would I love to see the shows i loved as a kid, but the shows that I liked but only have few vague memories of like You Can't Do That On Television, ive been watchin some episodes on youtube and it really seemed like a great show.

This is really some of the weakest sauce I ever genuinely ever tasted.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What I meant Punk is that I had Nick GAS on DISH back in 03 until I cut it and went with cable and when I got DIRECTV in 05 Nick GAS wasn't on DTV.

yea, i have cable too, but i dont get any of the extra digital channels even with a box cuz of the package i have, but i have dish for my camper and we use to get nick gas until last summer when it was changed to noggin. me and my brothers liked watching legends, double dare, guts, ect, but its all gone now.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

What I meant Punk is that I had Nick GAS on DISH back in 03 until I cut it and went with cable and when I got DIRECTV in 05 Nick GAS wasn't on DTV.

yea, i have cable too, but i dont get any of the extra digital channels even with a box cuz of the package i have, but i have dish for my camper and we use to get nick gas until last summer when it was changed to noggin. me and my brothers liked watching legends, double dare, guts, ect, but its all gone now.

I know how you feel Punk. Me and my sister grew up watching Double Dare, Finders keepers, Thinks Fast, GUTS, etc so Nick GAS was easily my favorite channel and Id enjoyed watching Nick Arcade. I hope that Nick create a classics channel or not we could always go on YOUTUBE.

To belabor a point from days ago about outgrowing children's television, to what end does one program a full-time Classic Nick channel in the first place? Who is your audience, exactly? As much as we'd like present and future generations of kids to experience Ren & Stimpy or Pete & Pete or Double Dare or whatever because let's be honest, those were some righteous little shows, they probably have no interest in being told how great we oldsters had it. Kids don't like that. They find it crusty and tiresome, something to rebel against. This was the thrust behind the then-new original programming we're advocating here. Today's kids won't be any more excited to watch Hey Dude than we were about watching, I don't know, Howdy Doody or Captain Kangaroo or whatever the heck. So you're not going to hit the age group to which it was initially directed. Barring the handful of shows that were really good and memorable and stand the test of time (a tough test indeed for kid shows), it's not as if the programming is really any better than what the mothership is offering now, so why cannibalize your product by counterprogramming new Nick shows with old Nick shows of generally equal value? Then you have twentysomethings like us who watched the shows the first time around. Like I said, you're probably dealing with very short bursts of nostalgia, and the fact that people like the idea of classic Nickelodeon more than liking classic Nickelodeon itself. We'll say "hey, whoa, All That is on, cool!" and watch about six minutes before we realize we've totally and thoroughly outgrown All That, at which point we say "wait, this show sucks" and put in a DVD of Mr. Show. So really, who's going to watch Rugrats reruns all day? A Venn diagram of potheads and undergrads? Is that viable?

Realistically speaking, Nickelodeon nostalgia needs are best fulfilled, like many things, by Youtube. You say "hey, am I the only person who remembers The Adventures Of David The Gnome?", and no, you're not, and there it is, and so you watch like four minutes of Adventures Of David The Gnome, let the memories of being three years old wash over you, say "yep, that was something," and then you move on with your internet life by clicking over to Hot Asian Invasion or whatever suits your how-you-say more adult needs. It doesn't necessitate another cable channel, people, is what I'm trying to say.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's the most in-depth, coherent article I've read on the Internet in a month. Start a blog, and I'll click on your Amazon.com link.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

To belabor a point from days ago about outgrowing children's television, to what end does one program a full-time Classic Nick channel in the first place? Who is your audience, exactly? As much as we'd like present and future generations of kids to experience Ren & Stimpy or Pete & Pete or Double Dare or whatever because let's be honest, those were some righteous little shows, they probably have no interest in being told how great we oldsters had it. Kids don't like that. They find it crusty and tiresome, something to rebel against. This was the thrust behind the then-new original programming we're advocating here. Today's kids won't be any more excited to watch Hey Dude than we were about watching, I don't know, Howdy Doody or Captain Kangaroo or whatever the heck. So you're not going to hit the age group to which it was initially directed. Barring the handful of shows that were really good and memorable and stand the test of time (a tough test indeed for kid shows), it's not as if the programming is really any better than what the mothership is offering now, so why cannibalize your product by counterprogramming new Nick shows with old Nick shows of generally equal value? Then you have twentysomethings like us who watched the shows the first time around. Like I said, you're probably dealing with very short bursts of nostalgia, and the fact that people like the idea of classic Nickelodeon more than liking classic Nickelodeon itself. We'll say "hey, whoa, All That is on, cool!" and watch about six minutes before we realize we've totally and thoroughly outgrown All That, at which point we say "wait, this show sucks" and put in a DVD of Mr. Show. So really, who's going to watch Rugrats reruns all day? A Venn diagram of potheads and undergrads? Is that viable?

Realistically speaking, Nickelodeon nostalgia needs are best fulfilled, like many things, by Youtube. You say "hey, am I the only person who remembers The Adventures Of David The Gnome?", and no, you're not, and there it is, and so you watch like four minutes of Adventures Of David The Gnome, let the memories of being three years old wash over you, say "yep, that was something," and then you move on with your internet life by clicking over to Hot Asian Invasion or whatever suits your how-you-say more adult needs. It doesn't necessitate another cable channel, people, is what I'm trying to say.

Boomerang begs to differ.

spacer.png

Archived