CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone (besides puck) hugely object to me using the name Tucson Gilas/Monsters? It is just a concept, but I guess it should also have a bit of reality in it.MBurmy, are you just pointing that out, or are you saying I shouldn't use it because of that?

I'm pointing out...and saying you SHOULD use it. It was AWESOME, and what better namesake than the most venomous known lizard in the world?

bYhYmxh.png

No worries man. I like Gila Monsters, Gilas, or Monsters. All three names play well, and the Gila Monster were the WCHL franchise there in the late 1990's. I am huge fan of Tucson's potential for hockey. The club college hockey team averages 5,000 fans a game...As soon as they get a real arena Tucson is ready for hockey again.

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, can someone redo the Wichita Thunder logo? Our current logo sucks and it's too plain. Try to make more tough looking. Or redo our original logo. Or start from scratch. You guys do an amazing job on here. I just want to see what kind of concepts people can come up with. I wish I was as talented as you. Thank you!

Tuscon was one of the biggest failures in WPHL history. The franchise folded in 2001 before it could ever play a game.

(The WPHL has since merged with the CHL.)

So I'd suggest going elsewhere. Before their decline and eventual demise, the Lubbock Cotton Kings were well supported. Maybe a reincarnation of them wouldn't be bad.

See what I'm saying. Please stop commenting on my threads. Big deal I'm doing something a bit more creative, it's like this is going to be a real team or something- just chill.

Look, you hadn't posted a single concept in 2 pages, and most of the entries in the last two have been you bumping the thread because no one was paying attention to it. That's an example of this being dead.

Expanding upon that, your goal (since you're the one who started this project. no one assigned it to you) was to rebrand the CHL not reimagine it. you want to change that now, incorporate cities and teams that aren't currently or have ever been a part of the team then that's your right. But, doing so isn't rebranding the league. I didn't name the project, you did.

Also, in your Las Vegas 51s concept, it was an actual polished thing. The first five or so logos here were rushed jobs that lacked anything but a basic shape and color scheme. So if that's the kind of work you want to put out there, then you have to take the criticism that comes with it. Again, you clearly don't like what I had to offer, totally fine. That doesn't mean you're right and can stick your head into the sand about it either.

I'm sorry that I wanted to see something more flushed out and solid. I know, I'm so evil wanting that.

Tuscon was one of the biggest failures in WPHL history. The franchise folded in 2001 before it could ever play a game.

So I'd suggest going elsewhere. Before their decline and eventual demise, the Lubbock Cotton Kings were well supported. Maybe a reincarnation of them wouldn't be bad.

Tucson wasn't the biggest failures in the WPHL, mainly because it never played in the WPHL. It played in the WCHL, which eventually merged with the ECHL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson_Gila_Monsters

The Tucson Sorched was to be in the 2000-2001 WPHL season, but it never took the ice. Hard to be "one of the biggest failures in WPHL history," if it was really only ever a logo.

TucsonScorch4.GIF

I realize I'm the one who did it, and started it, but it's just a concept, and instead of ripping a concept, or sounding like a jerk, you could post something positive, but still criticizing. Thats why its Constructive Criticism.

Saying, this thread is dead, doesn't exactly sound positive.

But, I don't have a right to stop you posting stuff, so go ahead if you want.

So, Tucson is a no-go? I know I should make the choice, but I'd like to see what others have to say.

"Bump, can someone redo the Wichita Thunder logo? Our current logo sucks and it's too plain. Try to make more tough looking. Or redo our original logo. Or start from scratch. You guys do an amazing job on here. I just want to see what kind of concepts people can come up with. I wish I was as talented as you. Thank you! "

I did redo it, its a couple pages back... I don't know if any more members would we willing to try, people don't normally just do random concepts for other people.

OK, so I came up with a name: The Nebraska Knights, who would play in Omaha. This is just a concept, it may not be the most ideal market for a hockey team, but I wanted to at least put a concept up on here.

I hope no one objects to hugely to this, I know I shouldn't change it for the sake of changing it, but I felt like I needed to get a concept going in this thread.

See what I'm saying. Please stop commenting on my threads. Big deal I'm doing something a bit more creative, it's like this is going to be a real team or something- just chill.

Look, you hadn't posted a single concept in 2 pages, and most of the entries in the last two have been you bumping the thread because no one was paying attention to it. That's an example of this being dead.

Expanding upon that, your goal (since you're the one who started this project. no one assigned it to you) was to rebrand the CHL not reimagine it. you want to change that now, incorporate cities and teams that aren't currently or have ever been a part of the team then that's your right. But, doing so isn't rebranding the league. I didn't name the project, you did.

Also, in your Las Vegas 51s concept, it was an actual polished thing. The first five or so logos here were rushed jobs that lacked anything but a basic shape and color scheme. So if that's the kind of work you want to put out there, then you have to take the criticism that comes with it. Again, you clearly don't like what I had to offer, totally fine. That doesn't mean you're right and can stick your head into the sand about it either.

I'm sorry that I wanted to see something more flushed out and solid. I know, I'm so evil wanting that.

Tucson wasn't the biggest failures in the WPHL, mainly because it never played in the WPHL. It played in the WCHL, which eventually merged with the ECHL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson_Gila_Monsters

The Tucson Sorched was to be in the 2000-2001 WPHL season, but it never took the ice. Hard to be "one of the biggest failures in WPHL history," if it was really only ever a logo.

TucsonScorch4.GIF

They folded before they played a game. In my mind, that's a failure. And there was more than a logo.

http://www.mlnsports.com/hockey/wphl/scorch/scorchscratched03.html

Team Tucson Hockey LLC had its franchise rights revoked Friday morning. The organization had failed to satisfy the terms of the WPHL's licensing agreement, most notably in the area of selling enough season tickets and corporate sponsorships. They had also failed to provide proper insurance and other guarantees to the City of Tucson.

And the Gila Monsters folded midseason. Smells like a failure to me.

Alright here's what I have to say...

Tucson has failed because of the lack of an appropriate arena. The club college team there draws 5000 fans a game, certainly a well-run pro team could do that as well. Omaha has had numerous pro-teams recently that have failed (Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights) and have a junior team already, the Omaha Lancers. My take is do Tucson, I want to see it!

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

OK, I know I've lost most interest in here, but I wanted to post another concept. I decided on Nebraska Knights, like mentioned before, but they'd play in Lincoln. This is just a concept, and I know the whole planning part was kinda poor by me, but I've lost almost all interest, so I really needed to get this going.

Plus, i'm not looking to send these out to the CHL, just to get C and C on my logos, to help me improve... So, here are the Nebraska Knights:

nebraskaknightsprimary.png

I wanted to try a bit different color scheme. I ended up with orange, silver and white, and hopefully some people will like it. The primary is pretty simple, as well as the secondary. I really have nothing to say, so I'll let you guys let me know the pros and cons.

Archived