CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

If the secondary were to be a bit more, I guess, symmetrical, it could work. But I'm not too crazy about those bee silhouettes. I think you should somehow incorporate bee stripes with the sunshine background and the land. Just IMO.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go to school at UTPB, in Odessa, and being from the Houston area, i can tell you there are a lot of racists,lol, so there is one and our soccer team gets in fights, so you can come up with names for that. Drillers, Oilers, and so on for people who work in the oil fields. Why don't you call them Permian Drillers, that way you bring in Midland fans and you represent the whole region. Plus, nobody even goes to the games anymore, you should just pack up and leave.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

I think a hockey stick in the killer bees' hands would look nice. I know some people dont like to always have elements from the sport in the logo but at least that way he is doing something other than just bending over. Also, at first glance I thought that he had just bitten on something (like a worm) and it was dangling out of his mouth but then later realized it was his left (our right) arm. maybe try moving the arm just a tad so its not coming out right below the teeth. otherwise i like this. oh i just noticed a sliver of blue between his two left wings (where the black outlines almos touch) and that should be taken out to make it more professional.

I really like Ranchhands, perfect for a minor league team, and I've never heard it used in sport before. Thanks theflakeband.

No problem. Really looking forward to what they look like, please stay away from orange, i'm getting tired of seeing it in all the teams around here.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

• 1 month later...

OK, sorry to bump this for something besides a concept, but I need some more help: I really wanted to use the Odessa Ranchhands, but I've run into designers block with that, and cant come up with anything. TheFlakeBand mentioned something about Odessa's attendance being poor, and I looked it up and it's pretty much true. So, I need some relocation help. I've been looking at hockey markets, nicknames, all kinds of stuff, but can't come up with anything I like. I had Salt Lake Swarm, but theres the killer bees, so I don't want to use that. I know this is kinda the easy way out, but I want to keep this going with another concept. So, any help? Thanks.

Tuscon Lawmen (obvious "Old West" reference, plus local police arrested John Dillinger and four of his gang members (five of the top six names on the FBI Most Wanted List) there in late January of 1934-celebrated by Dillinger Days, the highlight of which is a re-enactment)

bYhYmxh.png

Archived