CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, i wouldnt get too discouraged that people seem to have unfairly jumped all over your case here. if you like logo designing and want to improve, you have every right to post here and this is the place to do it. youre still ahead of most people your age. it's not like your rudely knocking at people's doors at 3AM insisting they look at your work or thoughts about your project here so i dont necessarily understand the proper 'etiquette' or the unwritten rules to posting on this site, so just keep posting as far as im concerned.

also, i wouldnt get too discouraged that people seem to have unfairly jumped all over your case here. if you like logo designing and want to improve, you have every right to post here and this is the place to do it. youre still ahead of most people your age. it's not like your rudely knocking at people's doors at 3AM insisting they look at your work or thoughts about your project here so i dont necessarily understand the proper 'etiquette' or the unwritten rules to posting on this site, so just keep posting as far as im concerned.

I agree with this. Chickenfish has the right to post here and post really whatever he wants as long as it's complete and well thought out. Chickenfish: Don't ask permission to put a team in a certain market. It a concept. It's fantasy. Put a team on the moon for all I care. Sure, a lot of people aren't commenting on this thread. It doesn't mean we aren't following it and enjoying it. This thread has over 11,000 views. Keep it up and keep building that portfolio.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I would put the team here in Omaha rather than Lincoln. It may seem like the recent Omaha Aksarben Knights franchise "failed", but the truth is they were pulled from this market before they really even got a decent chance. It was tough for them to compete with the Mavs and Lancers, but I think they were finally getting there. Anyway, Omaha has two teams, UNO and the Lancers, Lincoln currently has one, the USHL Lincoln Stars. With your concept, that would balance it out at 2 teams per city, even though Omaha is a bigger hockey market.

As for the logo, the colors are almost the same as the Lancers (see my sig). The knight head is a great start though. I agree with some of the earlier comments about making a few tweaks. Nice start!

Thanks for the positive thoughts guys, I know I don't really need permission to do a concept wherever I want, I just thought i'd put it out there that I wasn't sure about Lincoln.

I'm surprised you guys like Lincoln Knights better, I thought Nebraska Knights had more of a ring to it, but I'll go with Lincoln ^_^

So, if I take the white highlight out of the neck/shoulder area, do I keep the shape the same, or re-do it?

OK, I know I've lost most interest in here, but I wanted to post another concept. I decided on Nebraska Knights, like mentioned before, but they'd play in Lincoln. This is just a concept, and I know the whole planning part was kinda poor by me, but I've lost almost all interest, so I really needed to get this going.

Plus, i'm not looking to send these out to the CHL, just to get C and C on my logos, to help me improve... So, here are the Nebraska Knights:

nebraskaknightsprimary.png

I wanted to try a bit different color scheme. I ended up with orange, silver and white, and hopefully some people will like it. The primary is pretty simple, as well as the secondary. I really have nothing to say, so I'll let you guys let me know the pros and cons.

Looks sort of like a rabbit in a welding mask.

I can sort of see what you're going for...I think. Chest is facing to the right, and he's looking over his right shoulder?

As always, great work. There are a few nit-picks but nothing major. (neck) But, I can clearly see the cape and feather on top of the helmet, I don't think the orange, silver, and white colour scheme works that well, Although, maybe if you lighten the silver, added some royal colors (blue, red or something) it would look better. Overall, Great job though. As I've said, just work with the colours, everything else looks fine.

Very nice update (i hope it's not complete :blink: ). If you're going to build off this, I'd add highlights in the neck, [his] left shoulder and a little bit in the chest where the armored plates would've been (assuming your light source is from the top left).

Also, I'd prolly remove those two gray marks in his forhead: it looks awkward and out of place. Either that or make them flow more with his forehead.

that new postitioning of the shoulders and chest is 100 times better than before. it forms that metal cloth thing that knghts actually wear. nice update. now just add some detail in the chest. i still think that part on the helemt where the darker gray indents the top of the helmet should line up with the nose area. unless im just not seeing it right. but all in all a very nice update.

Nice, The 'dots' look like steel rivets, which looks really good. The highlights on the helmet look great. Only 2 complaints, The colors. Try some red or a darker orange.. I think it would look awesome. But another idea is: On your helmet feather, your highlight on the very top seems off, i don't know why, maybe its just me. But that's it. Overall good job!

I dont think you should have gotten rid of that indent from the feathers into the top of the helmet. all you had to do was align them with nose like like C Jay Z's other suggestion. Also, maybe consider adding a highlight extending upward from the very bottom oh his chest to form the pectoral muscle/armor plate. but this is getting much better. any thoughts on doing a wordmark?

Archived