CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, anyways, here is an update on the secondary. I really couldn't come up with anything else, and I know most of you don't like it, but it's hear to stay. So, I think I am going to do all logos first, than jerseys, as that was the intention with my NCAA identity project, which is why I stopped this one. So, expect the Laredo Bucks up sometime later, no big changes to it.

ccsecondary.png

OK, I'd really like some C and C on the Rays, but I'm done the Bucks, so here they are.

CHLaredobuckspri.png

OK, so I really didn't do anything to the primary, because I love it, it's one of my favorite logos. So, all I did was bring it out a bit more, with the white highlights and outline. I messed with the colors, but the blue and gold looked the best, so I kept it. The secondary is an LB with the antlers from the primary.

So, not much else to say, just C and C for the Rays and the Bucks.

Good-looking logo!

Side note: a guy who I played ball hockey against in high school played for the Ladero Bucks last season, I think he was actually the CHL's rookie of the year :P

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

#8 Mississippi RiverKings

CHLriverkingspri.png

OK, so, here is #8 Mississippi RiverKings. I didn't want to do much to their current, so I kinda retraced it, but with a bit more to it. I really like their current colors, so I tried to incorporate them in. The font is Silom font, with what is supposed to be a wave across the center.

The secondary has the same font treatment, with an update crown hanging on the R.

The partial logo is the turtle's head from the primary which would be used on the jerseys.

So, nothing else to say, except c and c.

I'm not really feeling this one. I feel like the changes you made to the logo--especially the lines you chose to eliminate--hurt the logo. The turtle has lost much of his ferocity (see the eye/teeth area), and many of the details that are gone really helped to give the turtle some definition. I feel like here, less is not more.

Also, while you're type is probably slightly better than what they currently use, I'm still not sure if it's the best choice. (Is it the same face you used for the Laredo concept?) And if you're going to do that wave effect on the type, I'd make the original letters white instead of green.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The type is actually a slightly modified version of the one before. And, I wouldn't really want to include white in the wordmark, as it's only used in the logo as the teeth and eye. Also, I really don't feel that a turtle needs to be fierce, but I guess it does lose it's ferocity. Any thoughts as to what I can bring back, or re-work, to make it better.

Excellent job! Don't be disappointed if the turtle doesn't look so "fierce" anymore...that's not naturally what most would expect from turtles. (The Miami Dolphins tried making a naturally friendly creature look mean, and I don't like what they did with the dolphin there.) Good job in getting rid of the stick (also your logic from Corpus Christi being the "Rays" in your design-we know it's a hockey team!)

Can't wait to see how you handle the Missouri Mavericks (that's next in the alphabetical order you've been doing them). To us, that's a logo that's REALLY needing room for improvement.

bYhYmxh.png

Yes, I'm actually even thinking of maybe changing the name for the Mavericks, as I know some people aren't very happy with the name Mavericks. It may very well be a complete overhaul. Any suggestions on the names?

Why not the Independence Trailblazers? That city was the starting point for the Oregon, California, and Santa Fe Trails (and an important stop on the Mormon Trail too). Plus, since Oklahoma City's no longer in the CHL, that name's open!

bYhYmxh.png

Archived