CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

OK, comments would be nice for the Freedom, but here is the next team, the Rapid City Rush.

CHLrapidcityrushpri.png

OK, I realize that Odessa would be next, but I had Rapid City done, so I decided to post it.

The primary is a logo that I just stumbled across, and I think it's pretty awesome. So I made some minor changes to that, and it's the new primary. The secondary is the Current R, with a dropped outline, and a thicker white one. The tertiary is new, and includes the puck from the Current Rushmore logo, in front of an RC. It's kinda sketchy, as I realize I always say that logos don't need a puck, stick or skate to show that it's a hockey logo, but I feel it works here. So, let me know what I can do to improve it.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are definately improving from what you first started posting in this series. The only problem I am seeing in you concepts is that your most of your secondary logos are the first letter of the team name. Secondary logos can be something different from the main logo but still tie in with the team name and other logos. I like how you did that with the freedom concept with the tattered flag as a secondary.

Good work and keep it up.

I AM SCORE!

LOVE the Mount Rushmore primary, plus how you did the whole set!

Also like the Missouri Freedom tweaking...BRING ON THE JACKALOPES! (that has to be my favorite team name of the bunch)

bYhYmxh.png

OK, so I've decided I'm not really going in any particular order, as I have ideas for teams that are alphabetically near the end, but draw blanks for the teams in alphabetical order. So, here's # 11 The Wichita Thunder

Also, for anyone who thinks I'm going to fast Is because I'm not getting any c and c really. So feel free to comment on the Freedom, Rush, and now the Thunder.

CHLwichitathunderpri.png

OK, so this is pretty much a rebrand. I really don't like anything about their current set, it's fairly bland, and the colors are unique, but don't really go well together. I decided to keep purple. but I darkened it significantly. I used a gold/yellow color as the secondary color, and silver as a third. The primary logo is a thunder cloud with Thunder across it, and Wichita placed above. The lightning coming out is to give it a sense of erratic-ness maybe a to show that it's uncontrollable.

The secondary is a WT, on top of the cloud, with lightning shooting out.

For the tertiary, I wanted to do something a bit differently, so I came up with Zeus logo, as Zeus is the god of thunder.

So, enjoy, and let me know what I can do to improve this, and my previous concepts.

I think you need to make the bolts symmetrical on both sides, as the difference between the two creates a sense of unbalance. I would also make the bolts a color different from gray, as it is sort of indistinct and does not imply the motion or energy of lightning bolts.

The purple you're using is so dark I can hardly tell it's not black, so you may want to make it a bit brighter.

I would not recommend Plumber's Gothic here... to me, it gives a modern/industrial feel, whereas what you should be striving for here, in my opinion, is something conveying motion.

I like where the Zeus logo is going... However, I feel like the gray and dark purple should be switched as the face looks kind of odd because it is so dark.

Love the colors on the Thunder, but I'm not a fan of how they're being used. If you're going to go with "Thunder=Lightning", I think you really need some white in there; not much, but definitely some placed very strategically. It would really bring out the lightning idea when contrasted against that midnight purple, and it would also help you brighten up the logo as a whole. Touches of white on the lightning bolts, in the type, and even on certain sides/angles of the cloud would work nicely.

I actually like the typeface choice here. It's strong, with full, regular letterforms but it still has same nice variations that give it some personality. However, I think if the logo is going to center around and focus on the type, then you really need to do something to bring it out. Work some white and silver in there, and maybe even consider doing a highlight effect on it. If you're going to draw the eye to the type, then go ahead an spiffy it up.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Really like the Thunder concept C-Fish. I agree with what the others have said. You should bring attention to the lightning bolts. Make them the gold color. Like dgnmrwrw said, try putting a highlight on the word "Thunder" and it should really pop. The Zeus logo is a great start but needs a little more development. Get rid of all the shadows on the face. Since you like to have secondaries with letters in them, maybe you could hide a "W" or a "WT" as highlights on his neck. I'd like to see this concept developed a little further before you move on to the next one.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

OK, here's an update to the primary and secondary. I did nothing to the tertiary, as I wasn't quite sure what to do. I tried switching the colors around, but it didn't look very good, so I kept it as is for now, and I was having trouble working with the highlights.

So, the updates

-Added beveling to the primary and secondary

-Changed the shade of purple

-Changed the bolts to the gold color.

I kept the font for now, as some liked it, some didn't, but I haven't found anything that popped out to me. So, c and c, and thanks.

CHLwichitathunderpri2.png

CHLwichitathundersec2.png

Nice update on the Thunder. The white added to the wordmark really makes it pop but I think I liked the simplicity of the original way. I like the gold lightning bolts much better. I think it would look better if the gray strokes went around the bolts as well. It would help unify the design.

Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

i really like the new lettering with the white on THUNDER. pops out so much. to me the cloud needs to have similar lighting. right now its just black with gray outline and another black outline with another gray outline all the same stroke. a dark thunder cloud doesnt have to have the same lighting all the way around it if you know what i mean. give it some depth but keep it simple at the same time. i think this is a good start. also I love the RUSH logo you did. very nice

OK, here is the next team, the Tulsa Oilers

CHLtulsaoilerspri.png

So, I don't really like anything about their current identity. The maroon/burgundy is a bit different, but doesn't really work with the blue. The primary is straight text, which I'm not a fan of. So, I did some searching for past identities, and found one I thought could work. I updated it a bit, and changed the colors to burnt orange, black, and white. The primary is a roughneck head over OILERS script-Which yes, has a two-tone text treatment. It looks better than without it.

The partial is just the roughneck head.

The secondary logo is a gear with a hidden oil drop in it.

Thanks again for viewing, and feel free to give c and c.

I really like the look of the roughneck in the Oilers logo. He has a nice style but the highlights on the helmet look a little odd to me. The other thing that's throwing me is the fact that the logo package is essentially black and white. The only burnt orange is the outline and his eye. What if his skin was burnt orange? Just a thought.

Keep up the awesome work.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I really like the look of the roughneck in the Oilers logo. He has a nice style but the highlights on the helmet look a little odd to me. The other thing that's throwing me is the fact that the logo package is essentially black and white. The only burnt orange is the outline and his eye. What if his skin was burnt orange? Just a thought.

Keep up the awesome work.

Yeah, colors was kinda difficult. I did try it with orange on the face, but it doesn't look as good. I guess I just tried to use a more unique scheme. Thanks for the comment, and I'm down to the last 3!

OK, so I have another one for you guys today. I had both of these ready, so I figure I might as well post both, and I'll take c and c for both. So, here are the:

Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees

CHLrgvkillerbeespri.png

OK, so the primary is basically what I did with the Riverkings. I updated it and cleaned it up a bit. Not really much more to say, but I just tried to make it a bit less crowded.

The secondary is really only an idea I'm not sure will fly. It's based off of their old secondary, but I tried something different. I tried to create the look of a swarm of bees, in silhouette form

That's pretty much it, so let me know what you think. Thanks.

Archived