CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

I'm not really sold on the third jersey. It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the set to me. I don't know if you were going for an all red look to match the color of the animal in the logo but it's way too minimalistic for my tastes. It looks a little bit like it was tacked on right at the end. The home and away are very nice though, and I like how the logo turned out.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so I'd like some more c and c on the mudbugs, but here are the Colorado Eagles. With the primary, I wanted to get rid of the red and blue, as it didn't really fit in with the rest of the logo, and I dropped the wordmark. I changed the 3 shapes at the side into one joined shape, as it forms an E. I used a hockey stick to tie it all together. With the Secondary, I used a flying eagle clutching onto the C from the colorado state flag. For the jerseys, I was coloring the color, and I thought it would look cool as the striping on the jerseys. I think it turned out well, as it is dynamic, kind of like an eagle. The alternate is just kind of a classic looking jersey, with the flying eagle. Enjoy, and C and C.

chleagleslogos.png

chleagleshome-1.png

chleaglesaway-1.png

chleaglestry23.png

And, honestly I just realized I didn't give a back to the Mudbugs jerseys, which I find very sad and a complete lack of concentration on my part. So I will have an update on that very soon.

I really love the Eagles set! The logos look awesome but my favorite part is the jersey design.

Just wondering... do the Eagles play in Loveland?

Yes, yes they do.

My problem with the Eagles set is the 3rd logo looks like the BC Eagles logo.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Eagle's right-- left to the viewer--wing looks a bit bare to me. Try adding some more feathers to it. The tail should also be more spread as well.

I had the fortune of seeing several eagles while on vacation. Truly magnificent creatures-- and also scoundrels. I witnessed them steal fish from Ospreys several times. Perhaps we should have heed Ben Franklin's advice and adopted the turkey as national bird.

Yeah they do, at the Budweiser Events Centre.

And Don, honestly I didn't even glance at that logo while designing mine, I just referenced pics of real Eagles.

Im not inferring you stole it, im just saying it looks too much like Boston College for my tastes. thats all.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hey guys. I think I might put this project on hold, as I've been busy lately, and have had hardly anytime to work on it. Also, I'm having quite a hard time thinking up something for the Corpus Christi Ice Rays, which is the next team. I am actually thinking of starting a different project, as It focuses on logos, and no jerseys. This is because it takes me much longer to design the jerseys than the logos, so I would have more time to work on the project I'm thinking of. I hope no one thinks that I'm taking the easy way out, and just abandoning this, than going off and starting something else. I just need to get the creative juices flowing, as I am kinda stuck in a rut. Thanks to those who understand, and maybe expect to see the new project underway tonight or tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

OK, I really wanted to bring this back, and now, I am. I'm going to just do logos first, and when I am happy with the logos, and they've been updated, I will create jerseys. Also, I'm going to take a page out of dgnmrwrw's book, and just post the primary, and post the secondary in a link. Thanks for the idea :D . OK, so here is the Corpus Christi Rays.

CHLraysprimary.png

OK, so I went back to the Rays, and took out the z, just made it an S. It doesn't need to be Rayz, as it just makes it seem amateurish to me. And it doesn't need to be icerays, as we know its a hockey team. I also gave them a solid color palette, and something a bit different. For the primary I just wanted to do something simple, and I think I made it simple and effective. The secondary is based off of their flag, with C C in it for Corpus Christi.. Enjoy, and c and c!

Primary looks good, its simple but I like it. But the secondary looks kinda static, there's not much going on. I would rather you use a ray-related logo instead of the letters. Color scheme looks really good though.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I really like the Rays logo. It feels like a hockey crest: tight arrangement of elements, simple lines, you got the location and nickname into elements. I do have a few suggestions.

First, reexamine some of the details on the ray: the tail seems way too thick, the bottom fin/wing seems a little pointed, and (depending on the species of ray) you may need to tweak the shape of the head. Secondly, I would definitely consider changing the bottom side of the ray to red instead of white. Right now, the bottom half is disappearing. Finally, I think the secondary mark needs work. I like the stars, but I'd lose the "CC" since you have letters in the primary (as a matter of fact, why don't you use two Cs in the primary logo, with the second one behind the ray?). Instead, a logo with a circle of stars with a raised ray's tail--ready to strike--coming out of the circle of stars, could look very nice.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I really like the Rays logo. It feels like a hockey crest: tight arrangement of elements, simple lines, you got the location and nickname into elements. I do have a few suggestions.

First, reexamine some of the details on the ray: the tail seems way too thick, the bottom fin/wing seems a little pointed, and (depending on the species of ray) you may need to tweak the shape of the head. Secondly, I would definitely consider changing the bottom side of the ray to red instead of white. Right now, the bottom half is disappearing. Finally, I think the secondary mark needs work. I like the stars, but I'd lose the "CC" since you have letters in the primary (as a matter of fact, why don't you use two Cs in the primary logo, with the second one behind the ray?). Instead, a logo with a circle of stars with a raised ray's tail--ready to strike--coming out of the circle of stars, could look very nice.

i agree with most of these points. My biggest nitpick is that the ray really gets lost with the C. I think you need to outline the ray seperately from the C, the white outline on the C runs into the ray, and its really hard to tell where it starts and ends. Great work, though.

Also, im liking the avatar, dgnmrwrw B)

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

OK, thanks for the c and c. Here is an update. I wanted to round the fin, but the whole ray is one group, and in Inkscape, when you round the group, all the ends round. So I didn't want to round the fin, as well as the stinger, as the stinger should come to a tip. Hopefully this update is getting better, and I'm still monkeying around with some secondary options. Thanks again, and more c and c is welcomed.

ccraysCHLpriup1.png

I like the C.C. Rays logo. My only nitpick is the red shadowing on the inside of the yellowish-orange "C". Seems a little out of place. I'd like to see what this logo looks like without it.

Also, what's up with the "sumo diapers" on the Colorado Eagles pants? I don't like it.

Lastly, I would like to say that the original orange Amarillo Gorillas uniforms you brought out were the best of the bunch. Sad to see you went in a different direction on that one. All in all, a great series so far.

thecatch.jpg

Archived